Infiltrator Arrow

BeepBoopBop.5403

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Halikus.1406 said:Thief mobility was never balanced to begin with.

That IS a big nerf, don't get me wrong, but thief is still the most mobile class out there and mobility in this game needs to be brought down. I can absolutely understand them not being happy, but this is long overdue lol

Okay but there was nothing given in compensation. Shortbow is now by far the most expensive weapon and it's a utility weapon. You can't make the most important tool on the class so expensive and just leave them with nothing in return.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

That IS a big nerf, don't get me wrong, but thief is still the most mobile class out there and mobility in this game needs to be brought down. I can absolutely understand them not being happy, but this is long overdue lol

Okay but there was nothing given in compensation. Shortbow is now by far the most expensive weapon and it's a utility weapon. You can't make the most important tool on the class so expensive and just leave them with nothing in return.

What? You want compensation? lol

SB already offers a buttload of utility in every skill to the point of being a pretty much mandatory weapon to have and you want compensation? Be glad that was all they did to it lol

@Halikus.1406 said:

What? You want more? lol

SB is already offers a buttload of utility in every skill to the point of being a pretty much mandatory weapon to have and you want compensation? Be glad that was all they did to it lol

Thief has gotten MANY damage nerfs to the past because of it's 'OP' mobility. THAT is why it's extremely upsetting that all that shit is just down the drain while they nerf mobility too and give nothing in return.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:

What? You want more? lol

SB is already offers a buttload of utility in every skill to the point of being a pretty much mandatory weapon to have and you want compensation? Be glad that was all they did to it lol

Thief has gotten MANY damage nerfs to the past because of it's 'OP' mobility. THAT is why it's extremely upsetting that all that kitten is just down the drain while they nerf mobility too and give nothing in return.

The dmg nerfs to some weapons, dagger in particular, may seen to much now I agree. But I dont think thief needs anything more except for some minor number adjustments here and there, because what truly needs to happen is for the still overperforming classes/specs to be brought down.

@Halikus.1406 said:

SB already offers a buttload of utility in every skill to the point of being a pretty much mandatory weapon to have and you want compensation? Be glad that was all they did to it lol

It was mandatory because of IA, and Anet refused to stop bloating Choking Gas and jacking up the initiative cost when nobody asked for it. You can remove every skill on the weapon except IA and it will still be mandatory, so cut the bloating and costs of the other skills if it's gonna take over half the ini bar to use one skill.

This is just Anet being lazy with balance just like they do with rev. Instead of cutting down the utility they just bloat them and jack up the costs and call it a day.

It was mandatory because of IA, and Anet refused to stop bloating Choking Gas and jacking up the initiative cost when nobody asked for it. You can remove every skill on the weapon except IA and it will still be mandatory, so cut the bloating and costs of the other skills if it's gonna take over half the ini bar to use one skill.

This is just Anet being lazy with balance just like they do with rev. Instead of cutting down the utility they just bloat them and jack up the costs and call it a day.

It still is a mandatory weapon for as long as IA exists. The skill could cost all of your ini and would still be a good weapon to have around because of how much it offers, so I fail to see your point at all...

@felix.2386 said:

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:0/10 horrible kitten change. How is a skill balanced for 8 years then suddenly it's too good? HOW?

you mean being meta for 8 years?

another clueless post, if there's only IA remain, rifle would be meta.literally IA is not the only thing that is strong, i can duel mesmers with shortbow only, first stealthed attack give 2 second immob, which is super strong, which you can follow up with CB which hit a lot and is also aoe that clears clones and there's also evade that you can occasionally use when being immobedand choking gas is op in team fight.

SB is literally enabling thief to teamfight and lock enemy down with stealth SB attack, of course noob like you wouldn't know

You're the clueless one if you think Rifle is going to be meta anytime soon, or DE in general lol Enough said.

@Halikus.1406 said:

It still is a mandatory weapon for as long as IA exists. The skill could cost all of your ini and would still be a good weapon to have around because of how much it offers, so I fail to see your point at all...

When you say 'SB already offers a buttload of utility in every skill to the point of being a pretty much mandatory weapon...' but then say that last post, then I don't know what stance you're taking. If you agree it's mandatory and will be because IA is so good that it can cost 15 ini, then how in the world can you justify everything else being so expensive to the point they can't be used either? Again, cut the bloat and the costs.

@BeepBoopBop.5403 said:0/10 horrible kitten change. How is a skill balanced for 8 years then suddenly it's too good? HOW?

another clueless post, if there's only IA remain, rifle would be meta.literally IA is not the only thing that is strong, i can duel mesmers with shortbow only, first stealthed attack give 2 second immob, which is super strong, which you can follow up with CB which hit a lot and is also aoe that clears clones and there's also evade that you can occasionally use when being immobedand choking gas is op in team fight.

SB is literally enabling thief to teamfight and lock enemy down with stealth SB attack, of course noob like you wouldn't know

You're the clueless one if you think Rifle is going to be meta anytime soon, or DE in general lol Enough said.

you are clueless if you think SB is only used for IA, and i never said rifle is going to be meta, because i know SB exist.i said rifle is going to be meta, if SB only has IA left, which is impossible.you are some how mentally challenged because you can't read.

I didn't say it was used ONLY
for IA
, dummy. Take your own advice and read.

You said it is mandatory for IA, some how you don't understand what you said yourself.

@felix.2386 said:

you are clueless if you think SB is only used for IA, and i never said rifle is going to be meta, because i know SB exist.i said rifle is going to be meta, if SB only has IA left, which is impossible.you are some how mentally challenged because you can't read.

for IA

You said it is mandatory
for IA
, some how you don't understand what you said yourself.

Mandatory for IA doesn't mean you only use IA, dummy. I just got done saying they bloated the fool out of skills like Choking Gas and jacked up the cost instead of toning down the functions and now the whole weapon is too bloated and expensive, but you could still take that away and leave nothing but IA and it would still be used. That's obviously not how it is now, and you use other skills because they're strong too, but IA is still the identity of the weapon.

for IA

You said it is mandatory
for IA

Mandatory for IA doesn't mean you only use IA, dummy. I just got done saying they bloated the fool out of skills like Choking Gas and jacked up the cost instead of toning down the functions and now the whole weapon is too bloated and expensive, but you could still take that away and leave nothing but IA and it would still be used. That's obviously not how it is now, and you use other skills because they're strong too, but IA is still the identity of the weapon.

it literally is not mandatory for IA. the whole SB kit is good. what can't you understand. and how they toning down the functions, choking gas function literally got buffed by miles.

@felix.2386 said:

for IA

You said it is mandatory
for IA

it literally is not mandatory for IA. the whole SB kit is good. what can't you understand. and how they toning down the functions, choking gas function literally got buffed by miles.

Wouldn't call it a straight-out buff. Choking Gas got fundamentally changed - one way, it was a nerf, other a buff. I wouldn't call SB kit 'good', but it's the best ranged option thief has.

I mean, I dont disagree with the change. The skill is the only reason thief is viable in PvP at all. Its carrying the entire class, while ensuring that the decap and +1 bot is the only playstyle allowed for thief. My issue is that there is a high risk they just remove thieves mobility without any compensation, at which point the nerf is pointless at best, and risks making the class entirely unplayable at worst.

@felix.2386 said:

for IA

You said it is mandatory
for IA

Ofc the whole kit is good, but you can take it all away and leave IA and it will still be used. Choking gas didn't daze on hit and wasn't unblockable, and also didn't cost 7 ini. Obvious solution? Revert it to how it was before where it dazed on a certain number of poison stacks, make it no longer unblockable and reduce the Ini cost. That's how you cut bloat. Now we'd be able to use it more than just once or twice, especially if you used IA once now because it costs over half the ini bar.

Edit: This is also only possible because Thief is forever jailed to Trickery. If we were trying to run with only 12 ini again, then LOL have fun never being able to cast anything.

@"Halikus.1406" said:Thief mobility was never balanced to begin with.

What are you talking about?! Thief is balanced BECAUSE of his mobility. Take that away and you are done. Might even play something else. Like all those facetank classes that require no skill at all.Meanwhile Warriors run away like there's no tomorrow... talking 'bout OP mobility.As a warrior you have more HP and more toughness and your skills should only work when you are in range of your target. If you pick a fight you should be in it. If you lose, too bad for you. But no... warri can go in, oneshot you with one skill, while he has high sustain and when he gets low, because most have no skill, they just run... good gameplay.But Infiltrator Strike is OP, sure....

Getting random 6k dmg from a Rev's Sword5 is...

Mobility has gotten out of hand, yes. Warri, Holo, Rev, Ranger, ... they all should have low mobility or none at all. Their skills should require a target to use at least. The only classes that should have "real" blinks are mesmer and thieves. Same with stealth. Because they are balanced around that fact. Instead all easy to play classes get more and more and high skill classes get stripped...

@Mauzi.5892 said:As a warrior you have more HP and more toughness and your skills should only work when you are in range of your target. If you pick a fight you should be in it. If you lose, too bad for you.

According to you, if a class can keep out of melee range (or rifle/bow range) by using skills to retreat, block, interrupt, or blind, warrior by design should not be able to retreat/reposition and should hard lose to that class because they have slightly more hit points. Did I hear that right?

@foste.3098 said:Now we just need to wait 8 more months for them to actually balance the class around not having as much mobility and we will get to what the thief was advertised as to begin with: a glassy and slippery duelist.

almost had that with daredevil but initially but oops.... here is hoping to a evasive balanced duelist thats not heavily dependent on ez stealth access in xpack 3