We still cannot progress in story - or is it a bug?

pareth.3847

I assumed "The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1." would have some way to actually progress in the story. There's no incentive at all to participate in that. I was hoping for a story step to save my progress - because if I want to replay some other story on my main, I lose all progress up to now - and I don't want that. Guess it's back to working on my revenant.

@"pareth.3847" said:I assumed "The next event, mobilizing the Ebon Vanguard, will begin on December 1." would have some way to actually progress in the story. There's no incentive at all to participate in that. I was hoping for a story step to save my progress - because if I want to replay some other story on my main, I lose all progress up to now - and I don't want that. Guess it's back to working on my revenant.

Many people assumed the same. It comes down to a lack of clear communication and a rather poor event implementation. Not sure why they thought doing LS this way was the best solution, but it seems safe to say this it until January now

Sending people at this stage of the game - i.e. with mounts that aren't properly scaled damage-wise, and skills that kill ogres with one hit - back to a level 30-40 map to compete for mobs and events is also awesome... It wasn't fun at all. I did enough to get five tokens to exchange to unlock the participation thingy, but that's it. I can't imagine trying to kill enough ogres every day - they die too fast!

I feel like they should never have bothered with Champions.Even having a whole year with no content would be less disappointing than this.

Instead they should have worked Jormag into End of Dragons.Jormag ending up in Cantha after it ran away from us would most likely be a better reason to be there than whatever other plot twist they are going to pull out of their behinds.

@Tsakhi.8124 said:I have to admit, this feels like a huge middle finger salute to newer players. I fear that this will create an even wider rift between us and the game itself. I'm a bit frustrated with the lack of communication or the ambiguity of what is communicated.

Actually its a 'huge middle finger salute' to the entire community.

@Blude.6812 said:

@Tsakhi.8124 said:I have to admit, this feels like a huge middle finger salute to newer players. I fear that this will create an even wider rift between us and the game itself. I'm a bit frustrated with the lack of communication or the ambiguity of what is communicated.

Actually its a 'huge middle finger salute' to the entire community.

Aye, that it is. The sad thing is I want to be supportive, but this kind of thing makes me question whether or not it's the right thing to do. We need communication and that doesn't seem to be happening. I mean, I get in some cases it would be rather damning, but this isn't one of those scenarios.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:SMH...

Play a little WvW if you truly want to experience a middle finger..

Just glad that the PvE crowd is starting to experience what those that primarily play WvW have experienced since HoT.

@Tsakhi.8124 @Blude.6812 @insane.7506 @TheQuickFox.3826 @KIIIL.1860

Welcome to a fraction of the disappointment that community has felt.

Yeah, I read about all the nerfs to WvW. I confess I've played WvW, but it's not something I do a lot (because i suck at it). I can definitely sympathize, though.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:SMH...

Play a little WvW if you truly want to experience a middle finger..

Just glad that the PvE crowd is starting to experience what those that primarily play WvW have experienced since HoT.

@Tsakhi.8124 @Blude.6812 @insane.7506 @TheQuickFox.3826 @KIIIL.1860

Welcome to a fraction of the disappointment that community has felt.

I have been playing as a warrior for 8 years, I know what a disappointment is. Every year a nerf. on wvw they gave a damn after 2014, and all this is tolerated (