Warrior Changes From Today

Lan Deathrider.5910

Warrior

• Winds of Disenchantment: This skill is no longer channeled. Instead it drops a stationary spell area that lasts for 5 seconds with a 1-second pulse interval.Good for PvE and PvP, but we will have to see in WvW. Would be better if it was not stationary and followed the warrior. Got our lightening field back though so that is a plus for several build types in PvE and PvP, even WvW for roaming. If it has to remain stationary, it would be great if it got a ground target and at least 900 range on it.
  • Break Enchantments: Reduced the numbers of boons removed from 4 to 2 in WvW only. Reduced cooldown from 25 seconds to 15 seconds in WvW only. Increased power coefficient from 0.1 to 0.5 in WvW only.Boo on reducing the boons removed, but hey it actually does some damage now, so that is a plus. Sorry that this change did not make it into the PvP mode.
  • Roaring Reveille: This trait no longer increases the maximum number of targets of warhorn skills.
  • Warhorn Skills: Increased the maximum number of targets from 5 to 10 in PvE only.They did a lot of this with several support skills (facets and Tempest Shouts for example). Good change really for PvE and WvW to be honest. PvE warrior needs more 10 target cap support skills, but in WvW the amount of boon output across the board is lag inducing. This and the similar changes on other classes will help in that regard.
  • Vigorous Shouts: Reduced healing coefficient from 1.0 to 0.64 in PvP only.
  • "To the Limit!": Reduced base heal from 7,735 to 6,575 in PvP only. Reduced endurance granted from 100 to 50 in PvP only.Because forum QQ trumps everything. Win some lose some, at least it was contained to PvP and not brought over to WvW where the extra healing is needed.
  • Might Makes Right: Increased base heal from 64 to 85 in PvP and WvW.AWESOME! While I personally called for 95 hp at least we have some acknowledgement that though over nerfed a very important source of sustain.

The other class notes are worth reading: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/119348/game-update-notes-december-1-2020#latestOther hilarious tidbits:

Superior Rune of the Golemancer had the Golem's health reduced, because bads cannot sidestep. Probably will help server lag in the long run in WvW due to the golems dying faster though.

PvP lost another amulet, because that seems to be the overall response from Anet for that game mode.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Still no damage returned on cc lol so warrior remains weak as a melee spec, god this balance team is bad

Baby steps, Psychoprophet, baby steps. At least MMR got moderately unnerfed.

I kno but how hard is it for professionals to see the 300 sec traits need adjusted and how bad war relied on damage as being part of its cc, after playing it for a hr someone should be able to tell by its skills that it's designed to cc- burst yet its skill damage numbers wernt adjusted for the dps loss on cc. I get takes time to redesign the defense lines 2 traits, but a yr and counting is crazy. Honestly these as supposed to be professionals within a industry lol

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:Still no damage returned on cc lol so warrior remains weak as a melee spec, god this balance team is bad

Baby steps, Psychoprophet, baby steps. At least MMR got moderately unnerfed.

I kno but how hard is it for professionals to see the 300 sec traits need adjusted and how bad war relied on damage as being part of its cc, after playing it for a hr someone should be able to tell by its skills that it's designed to cc- burst yet its skill damage numbers wernt adjusted for the dps loss on cc. I get takes time to redesign the defense lines 2 traits, but a yr and counting is crazy. Honestly these as supposed to be professionals within a industry lol

I agree, but they have had layoffs and refocused assets to EoD. I think those issues won't get fixed until a few patches before EoD release.

@DKRathalos.9625 said:Thank you for making the @Lan Deathrider.5910 I already suspect you will do one after I read the balance patch.And as usual anet manage to disappoint us.

You are welcome. There are some hits and misses to be sure. Better overall for WvW game performance wise, and with more sustain via MMR.

Shout nerf shouldn't have happened in PvP though.

@Smoosh.2718 said:

• Winds of Disenchantment: This skill is no longer channeled. Instead it drops a stationary spell area that lasts for 5 seconds with a 1-second pulse interval.

I will be damned, they actually did it.

They increased the interval between pulses, so the overall effectiveness of the skill in isolation is less than before, but you can combo off of it again, so enjoy double leaping thru the field.

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:

I get takes time to redesign the defense lines 2 traits, but a yr and counting is crazy. Honestly these as supposed to be professionals within a industry lol

They have been giving us nothing but coefficient changes all year round, and more often than not it's for the worse.We have been extremely patient with them following last year's huge nerf spike, but it's getting ridiculous how they have treated balancing.

People aren't going to soon forget this period of time, and I've already seen many droves of players move on from this game due to how they have handled the balancing.I'm actually starting to think it's a possibility that the game might actually die before EoD gets finished.

Even if EoD gets finished, or Steam release draws new players to the game, there are going to be a very vocal population which no doubt will flood the Steam page with reviews.

anet doesnt want to acknowledge the fact that warrior fails to land damage.unnerfing sustain skills such as MMR only makes it more tanky, which results nothing but unkillable tanky side noder eventually, which will get nerfed quickly.just like buffing daze duration on full counter made unkillable healbreaker instead of actual viable dps spec

@Lighter.5631 said:anet doesnt want to acknowledge the fact that warrior fails to land damage.unnerfing sustain skills such as MMR only makes it more tanky, which results nothing but unkillable tanky side noder eventually, which will get nerfed quickly.just like buffing daze duration on full counter made unkillable healbreaker instead of actual viable dps spec

You are not wrong. They've yet to acknowledge the lack of damage. Honestly I don't think the optics would be good to buff Warrior numbers no matter how necessary after nerfing things like Engi grenades and Necro wells. Better to ask for cast time reductions at this point to be able to better land the damage that we do have.

I'm not sure that the MMR change is enough to create an unkillable side noder in and of itself. With enough healing power there are some skills that will heal for 1.5k to 3k with MM and MMR taken, but those are easily avoided or interrupted. Though I am sure someone will run Str: 2/2/2 Tact:2/2/2 with Brawler/Fighter runes not long after this and troll bad players.

So we just circle back around to Might Makes Right? which we were already using over and over again on so many builds before the big nerf because it was just too good. This does not really improve the class, it just pushes us back to what we were already using before all of this happened. That's boring to me.

So many other things need looking after. Crap weapons, aftercasts, slow animations, CC damage return, weak traits, etc, etc.

Baby step is a good description.

@NAtourist.5173 said:So we just circle back around to Might Makes Right? which we were already using over and over again on so many builds before the big nerf because it was just too good. This does not really improve the class, it just pushes us back to what we were already using before all of this happened. That's boring to me.So it seems. They definitely were trying to push people towards other forms of sustain on all the classes given what they nerfed and by how much. They obviously wanted Warriors to stop camping Adrenal Health + Healing Signet + MMR, but they also over nerfed several ways to generate might, so the MMR nerf was to much in reality. I would say the MMR sustain is where it should have been during the Feb. patch. The big issue is that other sources of sustain that we could go to also benefited the group.

So many other things need looking after. kitten weapons, aftercasts, slow animations, CC damage return, weak traits, etc, etc.Agreed. SO much agreement.

What may be a good path forward for Warrior sustain is to look more into Tactics.

Marching Orders and the traits that key off of it does not follow the form and function of similar traits that we have, perhaps it is time to do that?Matching Orders: Remove the ICD from the buff. Give the buff tiers based on the amount of adrenaline spent.Tier 1: 3 Might 5sTier 2: 4 Might 10sTier 3: 5 Might 15s

Soldier's Comfort:Tier 1: Healing 970 (0.1)Tier 2: Healing 970 (0.4)Tier 3: Healing 970 (1.2)

Martial Cadence:Tier 1: CD Reduction of 1sTier 2: CD Reduction of 2sTier 3: CD Reduction of 3s.

This gives more benefit to Core obviously over Spellbreaker or Berserker, but that is how Adrenaline works with our other similar traits. What you would get is the ability as a Spellbreaker to chain F1->F2->F1 swap ->F1 (ymmv based on other traits) to put out 12 stacks of might for the group. That is 12 stacks to fuel Mending Might healing. SC would pump out 4280 healing total spread out 5ish seconds. All of which is dependent on hitting with FC and all 4 Burst attacks hitting, so none getting dodged, evaded, blocked, or blinded. This would have more counter play to healing shouts, see as the shouts can be used at any point in time and can never be interrupted.

A Berserker at best could camp Axe and spam Decapitate, giving out 4 might stacks every burst for the group which would end up being a little bit more healing from MM on average for the Berserker with similar healing output from SC. There is even more counter play here though because it is contingent on activating Berserk Mode, which requires blowing a CD or waiting partway through a fight to activate. This would also be susceptible to the same means of shutting it down: dodge, evade, block, and blind.

Core would end up with a more bursty form of sustain and give out longer durations of might. Depending on your other traits you could put out a back to back T3 burst every 6.8s.

The Martial Cadence change would make it actually viable, and would again be subject to dodge, evade, block, and blinds.

Baby step is a good description.

Forward, backwards, or sideways though?