You weren't supposed to delete Celestial Amulet!

Kuma.1503

I genuinely hope this post was a joke. Cele amulet promoted nothing but either non viable or bunker classes (granted i will miss having the meme builds) but cele just gave nothing but degenerate bunker/decap builds and there was no way to actively shut down each one individually so this was the best way.

@Swagger.1459 said:I think we need to cut down to 4 amulets only. 1 for power, 1 for condi, 1 for defense, and 1 for support. That's it. Would be perfect!

Man, this way too many choices. How would Anet manage to balance that?

@GewRoo.4172 said:Obviously they have absolutely no clue of what they are doing or what they are are supposed to do.

I figured that out with the first preview of the infamous Feb patch. We are now living in the consequences of giving people with no competence the rein to manage sPvP.

@Calanthe.3857 said:I had just started using Celestial amulet and I wish they had at least given a one-sentence explanation for why it was removed, for those of us not really familiar with the reasons.

To summarise it. Celestial amulet provides only 2 things, bunker builds and meme builds. While i wish i could meme more with it, the amulet just gave multiple builds really degenerate low skill high value gameplay and was not healthy for the game. (decap scrapper and kalla renegade are the best examples) and so removing the amulet saved us from any further builds like this.

@Calanthe.3857 said:I had just started using Celestial amulet and I wish they had at least given a one-sentence explanation for why it was removed, for those of us not really familiar with the reasons.

I doubt it went beyond, 1-2 builds use it, and Anet thinks they are over performing. Instead of addressing these builds they just removed the amulet.

@otto.5684 said:

I doubt it went beyond, 1-2 builds use it, and Anet thinks they are over performing. Instead of addressing these builds they just removed the amulet.

Not entirely correct, i seen a friend using cele amulet guard with hammer, decent pressure and good decap potential while not dying 1v1 or 1v2. THIS was why it was removed, to stop builds like this and most people would want a nerf if another build turned up similar to this. This dealt with an unhealthy aspect of the game in a good way.

@Kachros.4751 said:

@"Calanthe.3857" said:I had just started using Celestial amulet and I wish they had at least given a one-sentence explanation for why it was removed, for those of us not really familiar with the reasons.

Not entirely correct, i seen a friend using cele amulet guard with hammer, decent pressure and good decap potential while not dying 1v1 or 1v2. THIS was why it was removed, to stop builds like this and most people would want a nerf if another build turned up similar to this. This dealt with an unhealthy aspect of the game in a good way.

If your friend is making Cele hammer guardian work, then that's a much bigger indication the people he was fighting were very either VERY bad, or that there was a viable option to run hammer guard. Your response to this is "No! These builds aren't allowed! Remove Cele!" Why? Is hammer guard not allowed to exist because people don't know how to deal with it?

The unhealthy aspect of the game not being addressed is people asking for thing they don't like to just be removed instead of figuring out how to deal with them. You wonder why our build diversity is such trash? This is why.

@Kachros.4751 said:

Is it though? I can list multiple builds using celestial that are barely viable. Let’s hypothetically say the build you mentioned is too strong (celestial hammer guardian is garbage). If the build is over performing you nerf the build not remove the amulet it uses. This is ass backwards in every possible way.

@otto.5684 said:

Is it though? I can list multiple builds using celestial that are barely viable. Let’s hypothetically say the build you mentioned is too strong (celestial hammer guardian is garbage). If the build is over performing you nerf the build not remove the amulet it uses. This is kitten backwards in every possible way.

take your filthy logic and get out of here!

@Kachros.4751 said:

imagine, they could have also stopped this from happening by not making the feb patch!!