You got what you asked for. Don't be upset now.

Jekkt.6045

In the past couple weeks people were asking for renegade, healbreaker, thief and holo nerfs. anet delivered. can't even be mad about it lol.

the thought behind the nerfs isn't even that bad, just the execution of it. there isn't really much you can do when you're only allowed to change numbers i guess.

were all the nerfs needed? of course not... celestial amulet removal is questionable as only renegade used it. i guess there was no value in keeping it if only one build used it, but in that case we can remove all but mender sage berserk and carrion i guess.

allright guys, now's the time to make up your minds what should get nerfed next, as it is apparent anet reads forum posts lel.

my predictions are:

necro. why not? people don't like tanky condi dude or chilly scythe dude. oh and minion hate is trending too.

guardian. burn builds are a great potential nerf target. condis are evil, even moreso if they kill you in 3s. you can make it happen!

obligatory holo nerf. the community can only sleep well again once this spec is dead and forgotten.

tempest. now that warrior might be too weak to compete, the next target will be tempest of course. who likes that pesky shocking aura or that whirly boy tornado.

thief. i'm sure there's stuff left to nerf. maybe condi, whatever.

power rev probably because it might be the only good rev spec left. depends on how well necro performs after today's nerfs or how dead renegade really is.

New things to complain about~!:

Revenant

• Renegade is still good. Just swap Kalla for Shiro and go Ham.
  • Power Herald is being kept in check by other meta specs. Nerf them and It'll terrorize the meta again.

Engineer

• Acid Bomb still hits hard. You could already viably swap out Grenade kit for Elixir gun, gaining a 3rd stunbreak, better cleanse, and some nice utility.
  • Flash shell is still basically smokescreen on a 25 sec cooldown (minus the projectile destruction). Pair with flashbang for good ol' blind-y goodness
  • Prybar

Elementalist

• Hey remember lightning rod? A big gatekeeper for that build was grenade holo. Now that it isn't getting one shot, It can go back to doing what it did best...100-0'ing you with tornado. FUN! : D
  • Lul Shocking Aura go zap zap.

Sasuke Uchiha

• my "t" key fell off my keyboard so I have to copy paste them now. Cant type capital t's so I had to get creative with the name... Anyway, Condi Daredevil lowkey broken. You have dash to get back in range for p/d 3 and krait rune does way too much damage with Impact Strike.

Ever find someone running around on 20% health and just... Port onto them, mash your face into your elite skill a few times and watch them drop dead with no downstate?Ngl, it's pretty funny.

Binding Roots

• Juvenile Jacaranda and his pet ranger still kinda broken tbh.

I leave it to you my friends.

The changes look fine. I think healbreaker will still be playable.You might be right about necro being the next target but it is mostly fine. For renegade it also looks fine but that's a lot of small numbers and I do not play it so for me it can be hard to grasp the impact (but I agree with the idea). Unless new builds rise I think having a shorter gap between the top builds and the rest is a good thing.

@Kuma.1503 said:

Binding Roots

outside of ancient seeds (which should be reworked) not much to see here. Since february ranger has only been about pushing but the forum community is happy about it (seeing damage on ranger scares people).

Edit :

Power Herald is being kept in check by other meta specs. Nerf them and It'll terrorize the meta again.I keep asking myself when it will come back... never liked it and I feel like it still is strong.

Looks like there are some solid candidates between your 2 lists ^^.

@Jekkt.6045 said:

Binding Roots

too soon. i expect ranger nerfs in 2-3 balance patches. that's about the time i expect the nerf mesmer threads to start too.

Ah, yes I may have gotten ahead of myself.

Fun fact btw, did you know Krait rune triggers on the first hit of Impact Strike? it does like 7k+ damage on the elite proc too. You could legit use it as a 2nd burst opener if steal is on cooldown. Just use dash and/or bola shot to help you get back in range and secure a clean hit. p/d 3 while they're knocked up and go back to repeater spamming.

Extra bleed damage on repeater is icing on the cake.

Now that core cthief can't rely on shortbow as much for it's mobility, Daredevil might be the superior variant. Hell, I forget I even have a shortbow half the time.

If nothing else I can 100% confirm that this build works in gold. I'm a garbage tier thief who freuently burns through 12 initiative by whiffing 3 buffered p/d 3's on a stationary target because I have a bad habit of spamming my abilities until they go off.

Still managed to reach Gold 3 playing it.

@"Kuma.1503" said:New things to complain about~!:

Revenant

• Power Herald is being kept in check by other meta specs. Nerf them and It'll terrorize the meta again.

Engineer

• Acid Bomb still hits hard. You could already viably swap out Grenade kit for Elixir gun, gaining a 3rd stunbreak, better cleanse, and some nice utility.
  • Flash shell is still basically smokescreen on a 25 sec cooldown (minus the projectile destruction). Pair with flashbang for good ol' blind-y goodness
  • Prybar

Elementalist

• Hey remember lightning rod? A big gatekeeper for that build was grenade holo. Now that it isn't getting one shot, It can go back to doing what it did best...100-0'ing you with tornado. FUN! : D

Sasuke Uchiha

• my "t" key fell off my keyboard so I have to copy paste them now. Cant type capital t's so I had to get creative with the name... Anyway, Condi Daredevil lowkey broken. You have dash to get back in range for p/d 3 and krait rune does way too much damage with Impact Strike.

Ever find someone running around on 20% health and just... Port onto them, mash your face into your elite skill a few times and watch them drop dead with no downstate?Ngl, it's pretty funny.

Binding Roots

Renegade without kalla has lot 360 aoe spam on node thats ok

@"Stand The Wall.6987" said:people cry nerf that class then when it happens to their class people cry nerfcuz lawjicks

I really think a lost of people on this forum have no object permanence or neglect to notice this. You spent your whole time on the forums campaigning for X class to get nerfed so you can have an easier time fighting it because of some annoying but not necessarily game breaking mechanic it has? Okay, but next balance patch that annoying metric that carries you will get nerfed and you'll be right back where you started.

I'm almost certain most of these issues would vanish into the ether if people took the time to multiclass only briefly or, yknow, exchanged human-words with someone thy find difficult to fight that weren't 'ez lmao bad wow such noob build" but a l a s

Not like PvP facilitates that anyway

@wevh.2903 said:

@"Kuma.1503" said:New things to complain about~!:

Revenant

Engineer
  • Prybar

Elementalist

Sasuke Uchiha

Binding Roots

Renegade without kalla has lot 360 aoe spam on node thats ok

Only one of the spirits was AoE. Everything else came from shortbow. Renegade's AoE spam won't be that much lower. Only the visual noise will be.

@"Kuma.1503" said:

Sasuke Uchiha

• my "t" key fell off my keyboard so I have to copy paste them now. Cant type capital t's so I had to get creative with the name... Anyway, Condi Daredevil lowkey broken. You have dash to get back in range for p/d 3 and krait rune does way too much damage with Impact Strike.buddy , SO NERF GARBAGE CONDI . Its literally 0iq nerf , right now d/d d/s staff is literally trash and everyone play meta poop d/p p/d condi but they touch more base build ...

Yes, great idea, nerf the last damage Guardian has left and which only lands against people that facetank a Sword of Justice on point. Ever since DH gained traction since Anet nerfed ALL of the power damage Guardians had for close to a year I personally haven't had more like 5-6 stacks burn at once, because I won't jump into their AoE's. Worst and most thoughtless post in this forum for quite some time.

All nerfs were justified, in my opinion they nerfed too little across the board and completely forgot Herald