Q / W / E inputs not always registering

Okay so a little weird to explain but basically I've noticed when in came that at times when I press my Q, W, or E buttons to move around they don't always register and require hitting additional times. I thought my razer orbweaver keypad was failing and started troubleshooting but when I press those buttons with a notepad open or for example while typing this I see no hiccup in input whatsoever. It seems to be isolated to gw2. Could this be some kind of input error happening? Has anyone else ever had this issue? Any help would be much appreciated!

@"Bamfbear.5028" said:Okay so a little weird to explain but basically I've noticed when in came that at times when I press my Q, W, or E buttons to move around they don't always register and require hitting additional times.

Though you don't have the issue when using a text program, it doesn't mean that there isn't a problem with your system. I used to have that happen to me on my old rig and never truly figured out what caused it (my guess is that there was already an issue with my old motherboard long before it fully died on me this summer).

Things you can try before you start troubleshooting expensive hardware components:

When I try to re-create the problem in-game it's difficult, it seems to happen the most when I'm moving around a lot pressing the other buttons too. It's almost like some form of keyboard locking or something idk how else to describe it. Will try some of those fixes Ashantara suggested and see if that helps. I can RMA it through Razer but I can't get another orbweaver as replacement only the tartarus v2 which is very similar but I actually prefer the orb weaver for a few reasons. But I digress, I will try to recreate this problem in WoW see if it happens there too which could at least tell me its a system issue

@Bamfbear.5028 said:I will try to recreate this problem in WoW see if it happens there too which could at least tell me its a system issue

If this information is of any help to you: I had it happen in all games, but in most it happened so rarely that you wouldn't notice, while it was a frequent issue in GW2.

Will try some of those fixes Ashantara suggested and see if that helps.

Do that. Most won't take long and it can never hurt to check the system for corrupt files/drivers and have Windows repair them, or to clean the system of junk etc. :)

Not sure if this was brought up, but this might be a keyboard issue.

However, to reduce cost and design complexity, most computer keyboards do not isolate all keys in this way. Instead, they use a matrix of key switches, without any isolation diodes, that assumes that only a limited number of keys will be held down at any given time. With these keyboards, pressing as few as three keys can cause ghosting effects,[4] although care is taken when laying out the matrix arrangement that this does not happen for common modifier key combinations.

In short, it is very well possible that your keyboard simply does not allow (make possible) certain key combinations which might happen a lot more seldom during regular typing but are used more often while gaming or in this case specifically Guild Wars 2.

High-end keyboards combat this via n-key rollover, which has no limit in keys pressed. "N" in this case indicating a high number. There are also designation like 3-key rollover or 4-key rollover (aka multi-key rollover keyboards), which by themselves indicate how many keys should be able to get pressed simultaneously.

Certain high-end keyboards have "n-key rollover" (NKRO). This means that each key is scanned completely independently by the keyboard hardware, so that each keypress is correctly detected regardless of how many other keys are being pressed or held down at the time.[3]

Which explains why some gaming keyboards can cost quite a bit.

EDIT (had just skimmed the opening post):Ah just realized you are using the Razr Keypad. In that case I'd recommend a clean reinstall of the software and get drivers up to date. This could be a razr issue unfortunately. Try to reproduce the issue with other games running to see if it's not hardware failure.

If my Belkin n52te tournament edition speedpad wasn't packed away in some box I could have checked on my end. Here is hoping you can fix the issue.

It's possibly lag oriented, I'm still getting it right now. It's kind of similar like the invisible wall you get after wp'ing but this looks like the client is struggling to sync. My ping isn't showing any spikes currently. It's definitely registering my keypress, because it moves, gets stuck, move, gets stuck (this is with a direction key held down). This is around a moderate sized zerg fight. Feels more like the server is struggling with its load or something. I don't know, it's just not normal behaviour for me, I don't get this even in 3way fights usually. Something is off lately.PS - like the other mentioned above though, definitely don't forget to clean your keys too, and re-init your kb software or reinstall, and test with another kb. Luckily I have another one coming in soon just to double check.

Okay so after trying deleting the local.dat file it seemed to have worked but now it's doing it again, but have also since discovered it now happening outside of gw2 so definitely seems to be a keypad issue. Luckily I have an RMA with razer but can't get another orbweaver instead can only get it replaced with their tartarus v2 which is very similar but lacks features I need oh well. I rarely ever have issues with razer products :(

@Bamfbear.5028 said:Okay so after trying deleting the local.dat file it seemed to have worked but now it's doing it again, but have also since discovered it now happening outside of gw2

Did you also try the Windows repair options I posted? Could be a corrupt driver or system file.

so definitely seems to be a keypad issue.

Like I mentioned earlier, it can also be a faulty motherboard (it was in my case).