Badge of honor problem

Junkpile.7439

It's the lowest tier currency along with karma, you can buy a lot of basic wvw stuff with it, but it is not the major currency of wvw.After 8 years there's no reason for anet to put in a badge sink, it's a general currency which already gets added to new stuff, but they bring out new currencies with the new stuff so that you don't use banked currency to mass buy new stuff (like living story stuff).

@"DeceiverX.8361" said:Just like Karma, core game resources seem to only be there for Posterity's sake.They could put actually good food in the WvW merchant inventory, but that'd be expecting way too much.

There's even food that they had drop from black lion chest (from the battle-hardened kit) at one point that could do well there, I can't remember the names off the top of my head but I remember one gave -8% dmg reduc as opposed to -10% etc, they were like a tier lower which matched all the other foods from provisioner.

• Canned Rice Ball with "Lucky" Fillings
  • Can of Eggplant Saute
  • Can of Stewed Oysters

I wish they'd add higher tier foods though, for a bigger cost, but like you said, it'd be expecting too much. Speaking of which, they really need to update the foods in there.

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:buy
badge of tribute
and sold it on TP, god u have 160000? i used 4000 its give to me 14g, so basically u will get near ~1400g

more like 640 gold (4,000/30x0.12 = 16g, 160,000/30x.012 = 640).

All the maths...

Nice. Still a decent chunk of change.

I’ve been hoarding legendary spikes. It’s my rainy day fund if I need to sell an expensive item on the TP and don’t have the listing fee lol.

Plus, you never know when Anet will introduce some weird WvW armor or weapon that costs 4 stacks or something..

@Cyninja.2954 said:

@"ugrakarma.9416" said:buy
badge of tribute
and sold it on TP, god u have 160000? i used 4000 its give to me 14g, so basically u will get near ~1400g

thanks,sry for miscalculate im really a bit in a rush there.

@ugrakarma.9416 said:

@ugrakarma.9416 said:buy
badge of tribute

thanks,sry for miscalculate im really a bit in a rush there.

No worries, the 1,400g was just a bit to good to be true (I did the math on my own BoH first). While 640 gold are nothing to sneeze at, it does seem low for the time spent acquiring the BoH. Still some gold is better than none and no one has to convert all of their BoH, so the suggestion remains valid.

You can buy WvW bags with them for a bit cheaper than either making or maybe buying off TP (though check first), and the laurel merchant sells discounted stuff with badges in WvW instead of just laurels... So you can buy WvW infusions with them. But other than that, not much use.

Would be great if anet would make badges be able to convert to skirmish tickets. But yeah...