When is wintersday?

@Croc.1978 said:Same here, got 50 stacks or so of emp fragments laying around.

I just hope that gobbler will gobble them up faster than they accumulate.

Yeah, one of my characters is dedicated to just keeping Bloodstone dust and Empyreal fragments lol. Dragonite ore is easier to get rid of, although i have tons of stacks of those as well.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Croc.1978 said:Same here, got 50 stacks or so of emp fragments laying around.

Already got this one?

I'm working on this one right now. Got Sentient anomaly and oddity i think. The ones that gobble dust and stars, and another dragonite ore and stars.But i have most stars i think by far, so when i run out on one of those, i need just the star gobbler to balance it out lol.

@Nate Anabe.6091 said:

(2020-12-00 — 2021-01-00) - What does this mean? Sometime december to sometime january?

yes that what it means the start and end dates haven't been announced yet

Ah, cool, thought so. :smile:

@"Randulf.7614" said:https://mobile.twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/1334909920190185472

I’m guessing news this week, live the week after on the 15th

@Solanum.6983 said:Next Update is the 15th and that's usually when the Festival starts so that's probably the best bet.

Nice! Thanks! Hopefully they'll have that star gobbler available again! I just hope i don't have to do any jumping puzzles like the one from mad king, i never completed it.

Sadly you’ll have to do many jumping puzzles to get the star of gratitude. Each item is in a chest at the end of a jumping puzzle after doing the first bloodstone collection.

I was gonna link the dulfy guide but it seems it’s been taken down. I’m sure you can find some on YouTube.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Star_of_Gratitude

The grubby packages are the ones that require the jumping puzzles. A lot of them are easy there is just maybe 2 or 3 that are hard. Usually you can find someone to port you with a Mesmer but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a lot easier now. Last time I did the collection was back before HoT

Wish you good luck and happy winter’s day. Feel free to message me if you need help.

@Veprovina.4876 said:Nice! Thanks! Hopefully they'll have that star gobbler available again! I just hope i don't have to do any jumping puzzles like the one from mad king, i never completed it.

You get the gobbler and the Wintersday Tree node in your home instance as rewards for the annual achievement quests. It does involve jumping puzzles but they are much much easier than the Mad King's since that's one of the hardest if not the hardest jumping puzzle in the game.I'd recommend using a thief or mesmer during puzzles to drop portals as your own checkpoints and keep in mind if there's other people playing those classes who get to the end they can port you too.

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Croc.1978" said:Same here, got 50 stacks or so of emp fragments laying around.

Already got this one?

No use for me, because I need my bloodstone dust and dragonite ore for Ascended crafting.

I only accumulate empyreal fragments since I currently play in "maintenance mode" (dailies only).

@"ElijahFitzroy.5762" said:Sadly you’ll have to do many jumping puzzles to get the star of gratitude. Each item is in a chest at the end of a jumping puzzle after doing the first bloodstone collection.

I was gonna link the dulfy guide but it seems it’s been taken down. I’m sure you can find some on YouTube.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Star_of_Gratitude

The grubby packages are the ones that require the jumping puzzles. A lot of them are easy there is just maybe 2 or 3 that are hard. Usually you can find someone to port you with a Mesmer but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a lot easier now. Last time I did the collection was back before HoT

Wish you good luck and happy winter’s day. Feel free to message me if you need help.

Ah well... As long as they're not timed and instafail if you make a mistake like the mad king one, then i'm ok with that. If i can take my time, i can do the jumping puzzle so...I'll do my best. :tongue: Thanks! I'll look up a guide somewhere. I'm sure there's guides for that out there, so far whatever i typed in youtube achievement wise was there haha, so someone is bound to make a guide if it doesn't exist yet.

@Solanum.6983 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:Nice! Thanks! Hopefully they'll have that star gobbler available again! I just hope i don't have to do any jumping puzzles like the one from mad king, i never completed it.

You get the gobbler and the Wintersday Tree node in your home instance as rewards for the annual achievement quests. It does involve jumping puzzles but they are much much easier than the Mad King's since that's one of the hardest if not the hardest jumping puzzle in the game.I'd recommend using a thief or mesmer during puzzles to drop portals as your own checkpoints and keep in mind if there's other people playing those classes who get to the end they can port you too.

Yeah, the mad king one is insanely hard! I even did the "hard" tyria and simmilar jumping puzzles with some fails, but did them eventually, i just don't have the reaction time i need for the mad king one. It's horrible.And i do that haha, with my mesmer, i dorp myself a portal to serve as a "checkpoint" haha, and then if i fail, i just get back to it! :tongue:The cooldown is pretty long so i have to wait until i try again, but it's a safe way to do the puzzles.But you can't do that in the mad king one, and i have a Charr, trying to figure out where the hitbox will land is anyone's guess so anything time based with instafail mechanics is a no-no for me.

@Veprovina.4876 said:Nice! Thanks! Hopefully they'll have that star gobbler available again! I just hope i don't have to do any jumping puzzles like the one from mad king, i never completed it.

The Wintersday JP is soooo much easier than Mad King. I didn't use to think so, I never beat it. Until last year when these forums clued me in that the far right path has candy stepping stones that don't vanish under you. It's still a timed JP but way more forgiving, there is time to take a breath here and there, readjust my mouse on the pad, and get to the campfire before the gifts. Then I can pause until there aren't too many people in the way and leap up the middle of the gifts to the rolling ice boulders, sashay past those using the side spots to duck them, and remember that not everything is solid on the final gift box batch while still taking my time to make the jumps carefully.

It's not on farm status for me, I can't reliably one shot the JP, but I did finally get the achieves from it (and I've been playing since launch, so that's a lot of years it took me, lol).

You'll get fewer rewards from the right hand path, but some rewards are much better than zero rewards imo. However, you don't have to do the JP to get the Gobbler, I got the Gobbler the first year it was released and as I said, I only got the JP beat last year. Take heart!

@Donari.5237 said:

The Wintersday JP is soooo much easier than Mad King. I didn't use to think so, I never beat it. Until last year when these forums clued me in that the far right path has candy stepping stones that
don't vanish under you
. It's still a timed JP but way more forgiving, there is time to take a breath here and there, readjust my mouse on the pad, and get to the campfire before the gifts. Then I can pause until there aren't too many people in the way and leap up the middle of the gifts to the rolling ice boulders, sashay past those using the side spots to duck them, and remember that not everything is solid on the final gift box batch while still taking my time to make the jumps carefully.

It's not on farm status for me, I can't reliably one shot the JP, but I did finally get the achieves from it (and I've been playing since launch, so that's a lot of years it took me, lol).

You'll get fewer rewards from the right hand path, but some rewards are much better than zero rewards imo. However, you don't have to do the JP to get the Gobbler, I got the Gobbler the first year it was released and as I said, I only got the JP beat last year. Take heart!

Oh if the JP isn't required then i'm not going to bother really. Maybe try for fun, but really, my goal for Wintersday is just the Gobbler. I'll probably spend the rest of it in WvW anyway lol. :tongue:Also, congratz on finally finishing the puzzle! :smile:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Here's a guide for the Grawnk Munch and For the Children achievements:

Good luck.

Thank you very much! :smiley:

• 2 weeks later...

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Here's a guide for the Grawnk Munch and For the Children achievements:

Good luck.

I just did the collection with the help of Tiffy's video walkthrough you linked. The whole "jumping puzzle" part took maybe half an hour total, no problem at all.

For most of the grubby packages doing JPs is not even required (there are normal open world chest alternatives).