Question - WvW servers related

Paposeco.6013

Hello,

I am currently on a wvw server where there is 0% of open commanders, all of the few guilds that exist talking about leaving after this last re-link and no chance to get any type of fun out of WvW by myself.

My question is, if possible to answer, what are the servers that:

• maintained a healthy and stable WvW community during all these past years;
  • has a low percentage of bandwagoning;
  • has frequent open tag commanders;
  • where people use voice comms and not just text to communicate.

WvW is all about interaction and I feel myself migrating from server to server just to find out that on each and every re-link people just leave for ??????? reasons, I only play Gw2 for the WvW because unfortunately there is nothing better in the gaming market in that department, despite not having the developing attention it deserves. But having to transfer so often is not only expensive, but also destroys completely the community aspect of the game, in my opinion.

Thank you.

NOTE: I'm on European servers. Not sure if this forum works for both America and Europe as one.

Most of the ‘stable’ servers with a community left are host servers and listed at full.

There may he one or two links that maintain a core group of guilds that may play during your normal play hours,

I might suggest listing what hours you normally play and there may be a guild or two who message you that might meet your goals.

@Paposeco.6013 said:Hello,

I am currently on a wvw server where there is 0% of open commanders, all of the few guilds that exist talking about leaving after this last re-link and no chance to get any type of fun out of WvW by myself.

My question is, if possible to answer, what are the servers that:

• maintained a healthy and stable WvW community during all these past years;
  • has a low percentage of bandwagoning;
  • has frequent open tag commanders;
  • where people use voice comms and not just text to communicate.

WvW is all about interaction and I feel myself migrating from server to server just to find out that on each and every re-link people just leave for ??????? reasons, I only play Gw2 for the WvW because unfortunately there is nothing better in the gaming market in that department, despite not having the developing attention it deserves. But having to transfer so often is not only expensive, but also destroys completely the community aspect of the game, in my opinion.

Thank you.

NOTE: I'm on European servers. Not sure if this forum works for both America and Europe as one.

Im from FSP which is full, so I cannot advise you to transfer to it (although I totally would if you could), but just some food for thought:

1. You want low percentage of bandwagoning
  2. You want a lot of open tag commanders

Which one is it? Open tag commanders pretty much bandwagon all the time since its their job. :bleep_bloop:

I'll chime in with Zape here above by qouting myself from another recent thread on the same page as this:

@"subversiontwo.7501" said:I'd say it's more a reflection of the times Kaherdin.

The two servers you've just been on are certainly not "GvG" servers, either of them. It's more so that content is dwindling so you are not going to find the same amount of pickup content as there used to be, anywhere. There may possibly be one or two examples of servers that are better covered than others but it's not like there is anything leaps and bounds above everything else. It also tends to change as players move or drop in and out. There tends to be more motion among players that tag.

So you can expect some servers to have better prime pickup coverage than Gandara or SFR, but do not expect them to be much better. Expect things to shift, look at server discords before hopping around to at least get some indication of pickup tag amounts and hours and expect some servers that may be doing alright to not be super keen on being mentioned here because that might turn them full and scrooged by the system. Not that it will stop people from talking, but I'm sure there are a couple of players here who might have one or two suggestions in mind that they are not listing here out of curtesy (and I don't mean the nomad wagons of current flavour).

@Paposeco.6013 said:Thanks for all the replies guys, I'm just going to assume that I'm asking for too much in 2020.WvW 2012-2014 felt great and active regardless of server choice, I'm still stuck in those years.

o/

Heart of Thorns was released in 2015 with claim buffs, broken shield gens, and gazillion times faster upgrading. Downfall of WvW. Desert map still has half activity of one alpine map so were basically at 3.5 maps instead of 4.

Guilds and people slowly realised that its better to only defend. Then they realised its boring if both sides do that so they started stacking on servers so they can actually attack.

Links didn't make WvW any better either with all the active fun top servers (Deso, JS, SFR, Piken, Kodash, FSP, Gandara) being marked permafull so people were forced to go to boring servers and links. Those servers slowly bled out experienced players and commanders during bad times or decisions that never got back in and were forced to quit the game.

The 100% decision is in your hands. Gw2 is a competitive game. The degree of freedom is very high. Even if you cannot join the team. You can still play it. Your situation. Consider that you will have less BUFF and Treatment amount in the battle (even if you don’t join the team, you still have a chance to get the team’s BUFF and Treatment amount within the specified distance)The advantage you get is that you will not rely on the commander's instructions. Improve your judgment of the battle situation. Not being able to join the team is not necessarily a bad thing.

@"Veprovina.4876" said:This makes me really glad i'm on a full server.There's always something going on in WvW.I'm sorry you can't have a good WvW experience, hope you find a good server, or that yours gets a good link or some commanders.

thing is, even the full servers are not at their best stand. not many real Wvw fighting guilds still exist. the dirtbag action is still fun, but for me it would just be more fun to have way more people everywhere that know what they're doing.

there's complete stacked servers full of ppt focused blobs. they swarm you keeps on three different borders at the same time, run if your own blob comes, but they have the triple amount of players, so u eventually won't be able to get them every time.

the server fullness is actually more a problem than a good thing. if u lose core players and get in the same amount in smallscale-only players, the whole thing gets way more unstructured. and its really not fun to have all those 20-25 dps chars clouding around a 35 man group, trying to get a another 35 man group, constantly bombarding with their cc, pulls or glasscannonDps.

when Wvw was young, there been prestigous tournaments, ppl saw it as competitive mode. also upgrades of stuff been expensive; by now, it barely matters anymore. while it is kinda good that it got a bit softened up (players have reported kinda burnouts from the tournaments), i think it was a major mistake to fully kittenize the whole format

you could have just closed EU servers during nighttime during the tournament times, and make a leaderbord sorta, where it makes finally sense to have equal skilled players stack up. these days, it's nearly a own sport to know where which guilds swapped to, and if they even still exist. i'd not call the still existing top tier guilds numerous, rather super rare. (and for the record: this does not refer to server tier, those are completely without any reason.

idk why even calling tiers there, since it matters absolutely not. "winning ppt" is never really a win. the highest ppt servers are just doing what apparently "burnt out" the players during the tournament time. even importing North / south American guilds into EU timezone servers :sleeping:

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:This makes me really glad i'm on a full server.There's always
something
going on in WvW.I'm sorry you can't have a good WvW experience, hope you find a good server, or that yours gets a good link or some commanders.

thing is, even the full servers are not at their best stand. not many real Wvw fighting guilds still exist. the dirtbag action is still fun, but for me it would just be more fun to have way more people everywhere that know what they're doing.

there's complete stacked servers full of ppt focused blobs. they swarm you keeps on three different borders at the same time, run if your own blob comes, but they have the triple amount of players, so u eventually won't be able to get them every time.

the server fullness is actually more a problem than a good thing. if u lose core players and get in the same amount in smallscale-only players, the whole thing gets way more unstructured. and its really not fun to have all those 20-25 dps chars clouding around a 35 man group, trying to get a another 35 man group, constantly bombarding with their cc, pulls or glasscannonDps.

when Wvw was young, there been prestigous tournaments, ppl saw it as competitive mode. also upgrades of stuff been expensive; by now, it barely matters anymore. while it is kinda good that it got a bit softened up (players have reported kinda burnouts from the tournaments), i think it was a major mistake to fully kittenize the whole format

you could have just closed EU servers during nighttime during the tournament times, and make a leaderbord sorta, where it makes finally sense to have equal skilled players stack up. these days, it's nearly a own sport to know where which guilds swapped to, and if they even still exist. i'd not call the still existing top tier guilds numerous, rather super rare. (and for the record: this does not refer to server tier, those are completely without any reason.

idk why even calling tiers there, since it matters absolutely not. "winning ppt" is never really a win. the highest ppt servers are just doing what apparently "burnt out" the players during the tournament time. even importing North / south American guilds into EU timezone servers :sleeping:

Well, my server is pretty active all the time, but that is because i got into good active guilds.Maybe i'm just lucky. I don't know.

Can it be improved? Probably. But so far, i'm ok with what i've got on my full server.I only recently started playing WvW full time, so i don't know how it was way before.