Would you pay for Housing DLC? - Similar to ESO

Halbarz.3854

Housing could be a big feature for this game, as it could fit perfectly in the housing instance. Could feel like a tiny village in some cases.Would you pay let's say 10-15 EURO's to unlock this feature in the game?

• includes housing for each home instance (you get a house and can decorate it as your will)
  • Scriber craft can also craft furniture (basic stuff)
  • Some achievements rewards you with decorations
  • Includes crafting stations, vaults and etc to make it your personal base.
  • Furniture packs could be sold in the gem store as well.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voted wrong option. I would much prefer if housing was an expansion feature, but in the event that it is released as a standalone feature that required real money to purchase it (so no gold to gems), I would buy it. Only because this is my main MMO and I would like my characters to actually have a place where they live lol.

That said, ESO asks for more money out of the player than GW2 does yet they didn't put housing completely behind a paywall. There are rooms you can get by doing an easy quest and you can get much larger houses with the in-game currency. Housing was a free patch for the base game. Anet has never asked money for an individual feature. More likely it gets put in an expansion.

I mean even though I've unlock upgrades for my home instance; I never go there. Even the guild hall, I'm usually there for a guild buffs or to meet up for guild missions. So I will maybe think about getting it; if it includes achievements, has more of a personal feel (npc updated daily info/gossip, birthday celebration and etc), unique buffs, more interaction with the cats (maybe crafting toys and such). Now that I'm thinking about this, having a armory sorta like ff14 where I can store my armor in set and pop it on when ever I like. Also having a place to store ur build even an option to label. If this will be the housing or new home instance I would enjoy it greatly this can even make playing gw2 a bit easier.

Id prefer it as a new feature all its own (reusing decorations from GH would be good though), with more in depth ability to move things around and various things obtainable all over the game, etc. Lots that are both empty and with structures like houses. I played a game once that did dozens of lots themed around regions in the world, and a few more that were similar but with an empty house in it. Then the diff decorations purchasable with real money, in game stuff, etc. Id pay full price for the xpac and then hundreds on lots and decorations

Where's the option[NO] I don't want anet to waste resources on content that adds zero to the game.Player housing sounds nice on paper, but only a small group will invest in it, and most of that groups' home instance will never be seen by other players. Join a guild, or play ESO or Fallout 4 if you want it so much, but anet shouldnt waste what little resources it has outside story, seasonals and content updates

I would love to see housing added to the game, or better yet guild houses aimed at tiny guilds that only have 2 or 3 people in them. Something that could be gained and improved without having to do guild missions and the like, so that individual members could work on improving it without relying on other members being on at specific times. Unfortunately ANet seems to think that a small guild is 50+ people, or you should go out and ask random strangers for help, rather than being happy to be in a small (<5) tight knit community where everyone can enjoy doing there own thing.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Where's the option[NO] I don't want anet to waste resources on content that adds zero to the game.You can disagree, but to say that it's a waste of resources is subjective. I could easily say the same for current aspects of GW2. People also used to say the same thing about mounts but are lapping it all up now.

Player housing sounds nice on paper, but only a small group will invest in it, and most of that groups' home instance will never be seen by other players. Join a guild, or play ESO or Fallout 4 if you want it so much, but anet shouldnt waste what little resources it has outside story, seasonals and content updatesand most of that groups' home instance will never be seen by other playersPeople have friends, family, mutual friends/acquaintances, guildies, etc in-game that could visit, you know, to spend time together. I personally enjoyed filling my Guild Wars 1 Hall of Monuments with enough stuff for a full 50/50 score and visited the halls of other friends to see what they had displayed. Player housing in GW2 could bring that "trophy room" aspect of GW1 back as well as the ability to decorate, share/utilize some conveniences if any, and provide an extra series of rewards (player home decorations, achievement trophies, etc etc) to give more incentive to play the game.

The way the should be doing it is, by slow additions of features over time. not in a big update. that way they can test what people like in the house instance.not that much resources will be spent at a time on this "project".

things like the nodes were an addition to the housing, vendors could be a new addition they could add. living world vendors would make it quite useful to go to your home instance, but not mandatory to be there all the time.

adding black market agents, banks etc would be bad though, that would empty the cities

I dont know what is the home district, never used it since game release, but IMO would not hurt the game if ANet released it as addon on the next expantion or a small DLC addon after it.

One of the major problems in this game is that ANet have improved the game in many wrong ways, being to much and only themeparked is one of them, they did a AWFULL JOB with the Guild Halls, wich they are just a mess of visual clutter and artwork.

Adding a sandbox component to player home or disctric, would be interesting, market, node farm(LoL lammers nodes), etc...Besides Guild Halls should be in cities district dedicated to guilds and should serve as a guild base not a MUSEUM OF USELESS ARTWORK, instead of serving those of fill pve map with clutter....

@Aeolus.3615 said:I dont know what is the home district, never used it since game release, but IMO would not hurt the game if ANet released it as addon on the next expantion or a small DLC addon after it.

One of the major problems in this game is that ANet have improved the game in many wrong ways, being to much and only themeparked is one of them, they did a AWFULL JOB with the Guild Halls, wich they are just a mess of visual clutter and artwork.

Adding a sandbox component to player home or disctric, would be interesting, market, node farm(LoL lammers nodes), etc...Besides Guild Halls should be in cities district dedicated to guilds and should serve as a guild base not a MUSEUM OF USELESS ARTWORK, instead of serving those of fill pve map with clutter....

For example if you're human, salma district. if you credit any nodes to your account (or after certain achievements, etc) you get things built up in your home... a full home would credit you a very nice source of income every day :3... but to buld up to that point would be thousands of gold, tons of gems, etc.

I'd be more than happy to pay for it.

But in doing so I would want a choice of houses/locations to select for my home, ideally buildings in the open world (one in each starter area) which I could buy and enter as an instance. I wouldn't want it isolated on its own map like the mistlock sanctuary. And smallish ones that can be made to feel homely, not stupidly large ones where everything feels lost and unattached (like guild halls do)

I would be content with small houses where the only facilities are the nodes you own, and maybe a chest for personal storage (10slots or something). Don't think it should have crafting stations etc, nor achievements or rewards. Decoration wise it would be nice if you could display weapons etc like Skyrim.

No, it is not something I want added to the game. If anything, I would rather they made a overhaul to the Home District. I really don't like that it is meaningless outside of story and littered with ugly event-objects and nodes. And even then, I'd much rather they focus on many other things before that.

Archived