whats a good wvw roaming build

felix.2386

i've been running s/s herald which is what i enjoy the most in spvptho it works fine on average wvw players.then there's some optimized (cancer)player with trailblazer or dire and weakness spam and slow tiny condi application over time, i don't do enough damage and dies after some time..feels kinda BS tbh.

any decent roaming build that's actually nice to play and doesnt die to cancers?preferably shiro

Shiro in general, is just weak to Condi bunkers due to how Shiro works as a target access utility set, combined with unblockables to help yu gap close and blow up a target fast, so Condi Bunkers naturally beat Shiro.

Yu have to play carefully no matter what if yu are still bent on using Shiro, because anything which survives yur PT > Sword combo is gonna be unkillable without some outplaying on yur end.

Try Core with Shiro/Mallyx using Corruption instead of Retribution.Pick the trait which gives Resistance on Demon Stance skill and yu will be able to have a good amount of Resistance uptime for tanking someone's condi burst.

It has a severe weakness of being extremely weak to CC though, so if yu get CC locked, yur pretty much dead with no panic buttons like Infuse Light to save yu.

Rev has always been weak to condi, so yu actually have to have some knowledge on what yu are fighting and avoid their condi bursts either way.

If you want to stand a chance against condis with a Power Herald in WvW, then you need to be optimized to fight condis.

If you don’t already have it, make sure to optimize your build against conditions:-Sigil of Cleansing-Sigil of Purity-Sigil of Generosity-Superior Runes of Resistance (or similar)-plus Vitality Armor (Marauder or mix w/ zerker)-Staff offhand-Condition Duration Reducing Food or Bowl of Spice Red Lentil Stew (remove condi on evade 10s ICD)

You can even go further and add Mallyx and Corruption into the mix, but then you have to give up Glint or Shiro, which is rarely ideal.

But the truth of the matter is: Power Rev sucks at dealing with conditions even when optimized against them. It always has. And some condi matchups are just bad for Power Rev almost always (I.e. condi mesmer). But you can make your life easier with more anti-condition stuff. And WvW has far better anti-condition stuff than PvP so use it. Use all of it if you have to.

I have tried building around making a Shiro build anti-condition in the past, and while it can be effective, I prefer to just roam on power accepting that I just have to walk away from some condi builds. I more often than not run core Jalis/Shiro when I run power, and the cleansing from staff, cleansing sigil, swapping, and dwarf heal tends to be enough. With that ssid, sometimes I just have to walk away from certain matchups, like condi Herald. Since the Incensed Response nerf, I am back to using Speed Runes which much more easily allow me to disengage from unwanted fights. It doesn't really bother me that some matchups are losing because I can outrun most condi builds and I like the benefits of what my build offers me.

Perhaps not the answer you are looking for, but I would rather be able to run Jalis and Shiro together, and I like Retri, Invo, and Deva too much to sacrifice for Corruption. I don't doubt a build like @""Yasai.3549"'s could work for fighting conditions, and Mallyx is honestly strong even on power builds with the CC and boonrip, but I like my stab road, hammers, and taunt too much lol. I win most of my matchups against condi builds luckily since the skill level of WvW players is pretty low and cleansing sigil is an absolute blessing. It's crazy how much of a difference that alone makes.

Acolyte of Malice

This is my hybrid Mace/Sword build that I've been using for some time now.

A little bit about the build;

• Low base Condition Damage but plenty high once a fight gets going. Most times you'll be between 1k and 1.5k which is more than enough for your Conditions to do some serious damage. You also have Yearning Empowerment and the runes which will give you 20% Condition Duration.
  • Because the auto attacks on Mace are so quick you can very rapidly build Torment while also spiking people with high Power damage. Mace/Sword combo together very well and there are a lot of good set ups you can do. The one I most commonly use is- Shackling Wave-> Searing Fissure-> Legend Swap for Invoking Torment proc-> Echoing Eruption-> Death Strike.
  • This build is all about aggression. You can stack a lot of Conditions quickly while still pressuring with Power damage, but you lose the evade from Unrelenting Assault and need to auto attack spam a little more frequently. Because it has base armor this also means you will need to be cautious about trading hits and will not have the defensive utility of Sword 3. Making people panic is what it is best at. You only have moderate damage on engage but will ramp up very quickly. You also have enough area pressure to force people in to expending defensive skills early. Just remember to boost your autos with Impossible Odds as often as you can and keep people stacked with Conditions so you can surprise them with Power spikes.

I literally never see anyone using Mace/Sword yet it feels so natural. Axe is a great hybrid weapon and I understand why it is the preferred pick, but with this particular set up I think Sword is objectively better. It has higher spike damage and a better Shadow Step that also grants Fury. It compliments Mace very nicely by allowing you to lock people down and stay in their faces where as Axe is more about a single hit Condition + Power spike that requires a set range.

I find it to handle all build types very well for some of the reasons I've outlined. It has so much hybrid pressure, area denial, and chase potential that often times people just straight up panic. Although it does suffer the usual weakness to Conditions that a Sword/Sword Herald might, it tends to also force said Condition builds in to being more defensive which means they won't be pressuring you as much. As long as you stay aggressive most things won't be able to handle you.

I find that power shiro renegade does better at counter pressuring cheese tanky condi build, still being hard but it's manageable with skill as it does enough damage to penerate the sustain

i think berserker/marauder just in general does not enough damage may caused by easily stacked sustain stats, people can be super tanky while still doing moderate damage which is like very common in wvw from what i see..

kinda boring tbh, as long as both players know how to press keyboard then it's just infinitely lasting duels

@Neukku.5713 said:If you build your wvw power herald correctly, pretty much every single matchup is winnable, condi or not. Few very hard matchups are: pistol condi thief, backstab thief and condi mesmers.

My I add: core bunker necro. I'm quite new reve and i need advice with those. Can't do ranged damage with sw/sw + staff, can't go melee because of that ebola spam and if do they just hold up infinite barrier and don't get hurt. Easily hardest of the few remaining non-invisibility classes for me :(

@hammu.1752 said:

My I add: core bunker necro. I'm quite new reve and i need advice with those. Can't do ranged damage with sw/sw + staff, can't go melee because of that ebola spam and if do they just hold up infinite barrier and don't get hurt. Easily hardest of the few remaining non-invisibility classes for me :(

Barrier and Ebola spam?That sounds more like Scourge.

Scourge is pretty easy to clap once yu force their hand and make them cast their major Barrier skills like their Heal and Desert Shroud.

It's wiser to poke with Facet skills with some range and Sword 4 and if they pull out all their Ebola AoE, use Sword 3 to evade a good duration of it.

Keep yur distance if yu see the big red circles, there is no way they escape Rev mobility so it's okay to not pressure them in melee all the time.

@hammu.1752 said:

That sounds more like Scourge.

Nope, core. Scourges are doable but vs cores my winning% is close to zero. I guess it's l2p thing and i've got lot of work to do. Thanks anyway.

You have that 10s window to cc and burst them when they leave shroud. You will never burn their shroud. Core necro, condi, power or anything between. Not the easiest but easy fight on power rev.

• 3 weeks later...