Returning player tries to buy expansion

I purchased the expansion with credit card, i was able to complete the payment process, but I wasn't notified on how to get the expansion.Hours later I had to start a ticket to see what's going on, turns out that you get a code, which they chose not to give me, because they said my transaction was under investigation.2 days pass i'm so annoyed I can't try the expansion that I just asked for a refund.On day 3 they email me the key to the expansion that i had paid for in full 3 days previous.I messaged them and said I want a refund.This is a digital transaction, the payment was already approved.I've never purchased a digital DLC or ANy cash shop in any game anywhere. Where they just go silent on you for 3 days while your wondering whats going on then say your under investigation...Although I was enjoying this game so much that I bought the expansion, I've decided I dont like being treated this way and I'll just have to peel myself off this game and play something else. The game is great but the customer service is the worste I've ever experienced. The best way to express my displeasure is to not do any transactions here at all.

There is a 72 hour wait period due to a rash of charge backs in the past. Also they verify your card to make sure it's legit. Things take time and it's mostly for your safety!!!

Edit: Once this is done your card # is assigned to your GW2 account and approved for future faster transactions unless you try to use a different one.

@Ermac.1468 said:Well one of you is lying because both can't be true.

The first person is referring to the ultimate edition, which has a 72 hour delay on delivering the gems.

There isn't normally a delay when buying the game, but DigitalRiver is paranoid and they will go as far as reversing a completed transaction that they later deem a risk, which ArenaNet sees as a chargeback and permanently bans the account. As you use your card more with DigitalRiver, you will gain a good reputation and won't have these problems; the fact you were held up means you have a low score. Frankly, with how many problems DigitalRiver causes, it's safer and usually cheaper to go through one of the other official retailers (dlgamer.com).