Let me tell you a joke.

MidnightX.6294

@"Mouse.7382" said:thats why i always get a kick outta ppl that complain in the pvp forums about their class getting nerfs--they have no idea

Those are the same people responsible for Mesmer nerfs. Cause everyone just cries all the time if Mesmers get even scraps of something good, and then anet nerfs Mesmers just to shut all those people up.

They love their thieves though. Permastealth, permaeveade, yet Mirage lost one dodge because it was "too hard to balance how evasive Mirage was"...I mean, really?

I swear, playing Mesmer feels like a punishment that i didn't deserve.

@Veprovina.4876 said:

@"Mouse.7382" said:thats why i always get a kick outta ppl that complain in the pvp forums about their class getting nerfs--they have no idea

Those are the same people responsible for Mesmer nerfs. Cause everyone just cries all the time if Mesmers get even scraps of something good, and then anet nerfs Mesmers just to shut all those people up.

They love their thieves though. Permastealth, permaeveade, yet Mirage lost one dodge because it was "too hard to balance how evasive Mirage was"...I mean, really?

Yep. Mesmer is my main--I love the 'theme' I created, the playstyle and the uniquness (clones) of the class. I play it, even though it is not META--because it is fun.

My mirage, may never again be wanted in most content--until MAYBE after the xpac. Nothing positive/negative will happen to this class until then. All of Anets focus is on the xpac

@Mouse.7382 said:

@Mouse.7382 said:thats why i always get a kick outta ppl that complain in the pvp forums about their class getting nerfs--they have no idea

Yep. Mesmer is my main--I love the 'theme' I created, the playstyle and the uniquness (clones) of the class. I play it, even though it is not META--because it is fun.

My mirage, may never again be wanted in most content--until MAYBE after the xpac. Nothing positive/negative will happen to this class until then. All of Anets focus is on the xpac

Yeah, we have to live with it for now. I also don't play anything else mcuh. I love my Mesmer.But i guarantee you that, even though other professions have and will have way more OP stuff (like being support and dealing way more damage than other simmilar mesmer supports and the like), as soon as mesmers get something that's "ok" like boonshare and mirage was, it'll get nerfed into the ground to even a sadder state than it is now.

Yes, i'm pessimistic and very salty about what they did to my favorite class. :tongue:

I truly feel that ANet has lost sight of what the mesmer is and can/should do. They're shooting blindfolded in a dark room. There's also a bull in a china closet somewhere. It just feels so heavy handed with no real explanation. It would be great if a dev popped in to say something...anything about what they're thinking for the mesmer but I doubt that'll happen.

We'll have to wait until the expansion and see what happens there.

@"excelsior.2168" said:I truly feel that ANet has lost sight of what the mesmer is and can/should do. They're shooting blindfolded in a dark room. There's also a bull in a china closet somewhere. It just feels so heavy handed with no real explanation. It would be great if a dev popped in to say something...anything about what they're thinking for the mesmer but I doubt that'll happen.

What happens will be - new eilte gets introduced, players like it and make a good build out of it that's kind of ok, but not reall - anet goes **"no we don't want mesmers to be good at anything, omg, nerf!!! How do we nerf it? Idk, take away their ability to jump or something, we already took their dodge, it's fine..."***.

Sarcasm obviously, but eeariely simmilar to what might actually happen. :tongue:

But i agree, anet doesn't want mesmers to be anything because they don't have a direction for them. And any time they get something unique, they start spreading it to other classes that have no real lore or mechanic reasons to have it. They don't want mesmers to be DPS. Ok... But they don't want mesmers to be support either (boonshare gone)... Ok, well, can we - NO we don't want mesmers to be healers either! Ok, can we at least be elusive? You know, mirrors, illusions, the whole theme about deception?

NO TAKE AWAY THE DODGE!!! TOO ELUSIVE!!! (meanwhile thieves with 3 dodges and permaevade laughing in the background)

Well congratulations Anet. You made mesmers - nothing.

Mesmers now have a pull, and kind of ok boonstrip in WvW. That's about it. Even in our field of illusion and deception are other classes better.

@excelsior.2168 said:I truly feel that ANet has lost sight of what the mesmer is and can/should do. They're shooting blindfolded in a dark room. There's also a bull in a china closet somewhere. It just feels so heavy handed with no real explanation. It would be great if a dev popped in to say something...anything about what they're thinking for the mesmer but I doubt that'll happen.

cmc said that he doesnt know think he can balance mirage so he slapped -1 dodge ( that he admited is a bad change ) just so he doesnt have to deal with it again,and the fact core/chrono is garbage too then unlucky xdand since after all this time nothing really changed should say how much fucks are given to mesmer, props to skills team for giving chrono IP tho, they real mvp

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@excelsior.2168 said:I truly feel that ANet has lost sight of what the mesmer is and can/should do. They're shooting blindfolded in a dark room. There's also a bull in a china closet somewhere. It just feels so heavy handed with no real explanation. It would be great if a dev popped in to say something...anything about what they're thinking for the mesmer but I doubt that'll happen.

cmc said that he doesnt know think he can balance mirage so he slapped -1 dodge ( that he admited is a bad change ) just so he doesnt have to deal with it again,and the fact core/chrono is garbage too then unlucky xdand since after all this time nothing really changed should say how much kitten are given to mesmer, props to skills team for giving chrono IP tho, they real mvp

The funniest thing? Mirage never needed balancing in the first place because it had neither the damage or the elusiveness of other simmilar classes.

@Woltarion.6829 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:If mesmer without
glamor
trait is a joke what is necromancer without
spectral
and
well
trait?

This a battle we should fight together

Except that I'd rather see less traits for utility skills than to many (like necromancer's 3-4 minion traits).I think it's "ok" not to have a trait dedicated to an utility skill, it leave some room for traits that affect the profession as a whole instead.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Veprovina.4876" said:

I wouldn't be all that happy as a thief main tbh. Its definitely better off than Mesmer, but its not in a good place either. IMO this meta is only fun for people who main Holosmith, Revenant, or Necromancer. The sociopaths who enjoy support specs might also get a kick out of it.

@Jables.4659 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:

I wouldn't be all that happy as a thief main tbh. Its definitely better off than Mesmer, but its not in a good place either. IMO this meta is only fun for people who main Holosmith, Revenant, or Necromancer. The sociopaths who enjoy support specs might also get a kick out of it.

Well i enjoy support chrono, i'm one of "those" lol, but even though it's better than Mirage in WvW right now, it's still not in a good place either.

• 3 weeks later...

@Veprovina.4876 said:

I main both Thief and Mesmer, and from what I can see, both classes are in the same boat. They're constantly getting nerfed because they require more than 2 brain cells to counter/play against. Thieves and Mesmers require their opponents to think. God forbid one should have to actually think. Why do that when a lobotomized pigeon can play Holosmith, or Renegade (for example) well just by crapping randomly over the keyboard.

@Keitaro Dragonheart.9047 said:

I main both Thief and Mesmer, and from what I can see, both classes are in the same boat. They're constantly getting nerfed because they require more than 2 brain cells to counter/play against. Thieves and Mesmers require their opponents to
think
. God forbid one should have to actually think. Why do that when a lobotomized pigeon can play Holosmith, or Renegade (for example) well just by crapping randomly over the keyboard.

Umm, just for clarification, you misquoted heavily. From what you edited, it seems that i wrote that quote when i didn't. @Jables.4659 did.Here:

@Jables.4659 said:

That being said... I do agree that Mesmers (and thieves if you say they're the same) are nerfed because you need to pay attention to counter one. So it's easier just to cripple us so that everyone can kill us no problem and everyone is happy. Well, excpet the class mains. Which is the worst thing you can do. But even if thieves got nerfed heavily, they never recieved such crippling nerfs like one dodge, such crippling low damage and suppoort ability like mesmers did. And that's on top of skills that are buggy and unreliable 100% of the time, you can't count on any of them to work properly. Thieves still have unparalleled stealth and evade ability and can play the saboteur. Yeah, they're not really damage dealers but that's not the point of them anyway.

Mesmers have nothing really going for them except some ok boonstrip ability right now, and they're ok in some raid wings. But even then, do you know that null field can be blocked and completely negated? Imagine the outcry if winds of disenchantment could be blocked. I mean, what the hell...

The only difference between thieves and mesmers is that thieves have no weapon CD and are able to get out of combat easily, mesmer on the other hand you blow most of you utilities etc to land a burst and once that fails you are pretty much dead. So no there is no comparison between thieves and mesmer. If you want to talk about more damage then stop running Shadow Arts.

@"Veprovina.4876" Yeah, I noticed that later, but I was too lazy to change it. xD

But anywho, it's my opinion, (and from years of watching these forums, the opinion of many others including other thief mains) that that unparalleled stealth and the initiative system, are holding the thief back. It's true, Mesmer has received more crippling nerfs, but I'm still salty as hell about how they gutted Acrobatics, re-packaged it as Daredevil, and then never fixed Acrobatics. But I digress.

Any class that plays "mind games" of any sort, always finds itself at the top of people's chopping block for the simple reason that victory isn't as easy as HULK SMASH. Unfortunately, ANet listened to those people and now we have Mesmer in this pitiful state (pity since I've loved Mesmer since GW1), with people still demanding more nerfs. What they're really after, without outright saying it, is for devs to just delete everything they don't like.

Today it's Thief and Mesmer. Whose next, tomorrow? Necromancer? Warrior?