Give me your best engineer pitch!

Dashiva.6149

engineer is a very versatile class, specially on the fields/finishers department. Thing is on group play you have absolutely no way to prioritize your own fields and the effects they have aren't exactly game changing, you can clear/do any kind of content completely ignoring the fact fields happen beyond some might stacking pre-boss or stealthing (completely optional) in PvE. In PvP fields have a bigger impact and holo can be really fun to mess with and takes advantage of fields often (scrapper traits are pretty disjointed atm) but it's something you could categorize as niche.

You end up pressing a lot more buttons than with other simpler, easier to approach classes for limited impact.

@Lunateric.3708 said:You end up pressing a lot more buttons than with other simpler, easier to approach classes for limited impact.I personally see this as a benefit. I'm no 3-kit raider (played all other game modes) but having 1-2 kits and constantly pressing and switching buttons in combat prevents things from getting stale like I find in some other classes (for which you spend the most time waiting on cooldowns).Another aspect that I enjoy is that you can build the engie to play a variety of perfectly viable dps styles (power, condi, tank, range, aoe, stealth) with a lot of utility skills.

Archived