I prefer pirateship to boonshare crap

Arheundel.6451

I disagree with the the statement that "its better". Like the boon-share maximum tankiness meta was bad, but the pirateship can be good only if you are a part of it, aka you are a necro bombing the enemy having fun doing so. Now Imagine you are not, you are some close combat class or support. It gets tedious and boring pretty fast. Me aka primary guard/DH/FB, well, lets just say Im not having the best time.

@Dawdler.8521 said:I like trains

You can visual the current meta as a 'centipede meta'. centipedes are kind like trains no?

They got giant teeth that bite chunks off the other centipedes till they split in 2. Then the 2 remaining sections are still alive and well and can regrow a heads and limbs.

You wanna come over and play trains? WEll you BROKE ALL UR TRAINS! Go outside and collect some centipedes and play with those.

@XenesisII.1540 said:I prefer hammer train with range bomb and pick team, you know actually having two groups, not this heavy boon sharing condition corruption garbage we've had to deal with for over 2 years now.

Ever since hot came out it's been purely one dimensional metas: all ranged, all melee, all condi, all boring. Vanilla meta with melee + ranged + gank was the best and most varied meta.

@Coldtart.4785 said:

@XenesisII.1540 said:I prefer hammer train with range bomb and pick team, you know actually having two groups, not this heavy boon sharing condition corruption garbage we've had to deal with for over 2 years now.

Ever since hot came out it's been purely one dimensional metas: all ranged, all melee, all condi, all boring. Vanilla meta with melee + ranged + gank was the best and most varied meta.

This happens a lot in games when the extreme setups become more powerful and when people understand how to push things to their limits. A balanced build is playing rock paper scissors with blunts scissors, sandstone and tissue paper as a single item, as the other people start playing with lazer sharpened razors, diamonds and graphene you'll start struggling. Happened in GW1 as time went on, the hexway, spike builds and gimmicks slowly just began to over power balanced. This is both due to skill updates and people just becoming better at understanding how to construct group setups in the extremes.

Nearly every major meta shift in wvw has been the result of updates. The original pirate ship meta was because stability got nerfed into uselessness, then after it got buffed back to relevance the huge increases in potential boon duration plus resistance added in hot brought about the boonshare meta. After boonshare got nerfed groups that relied on on resistance for condi defense suddenly had none and so the condi meta that persists to today started. Now in pof we have pirate ship again because spellbreakers can create absolute no-go zones with winds and it seems to be tending towards power pirate ship because scourges can't reliably condi bomb people down from 1200 away and firebrands have hilarious condi clear and resistance spam.

Archived