Open-World Power Burn Core Build

Opopanax.1803

I've been running this in Open World. Mostly Carrion; a Power Burn Core build. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWCBw+t3jJYI2kVpFc4V0XVA-zRRYLhnN6hSJnIIhEIiCo3QwmB-eThis build is absolutely crazy for just mowing down groups of mobs. However, I am looking to improve it.

I have found the Heal Signet lackluster for CD, but am using it because it is the largest heal that we have, but also because it gives me condi cleanse. I am wondering if it may be worth dropping Amplified Wrath for Perfect Inscriptions. It would help with getting my heal back sooner, which seems like I need with all the mobs that I am fighting. But I am wondering if Perfect inscriptions is that useful on the bonus side of things.

I am hoping you could share your thoughts on other ways of potentially improving this build, either through tweaks, or even a totally different trait line. The one key is that I do want hybrid Power and Condi damage like this. Zeal's "Kindled Zeal" is incredible, as are the rune bonus and "Fiery Wrath".

On the flip side, if you have an open world build that you love to run, please also share it!

I think that your sustain will greatly improve replacing the signet heal by Litany of Wrath. The meditation has shorter cooldown even untraited, and despite you main source of damage are the burns, with the gear so full of power (carrion and grieving) your healings would be better. That build is very straightforward and powerfull for open world PvE; it would perform well in terms of damage against regular minions, veterans, silvers and even some champions and open events. The main headaches will arrive if you try to solo large events, bounties and other "dangerous game" preys: you have very limited access to cleansings, no stun breaks and very narrow mitigation windows. Despite the large HP, is a full glass cannon build, which will face some problems intrinsec to that kind of design.

So I've played with Litany of Wrath, and it indeed works better.

I will say that this Carrion set up is quite fun. Yes, in many ways it is All DPS with how power synergizes with runes of Flame Legion and Fiery Wrath, and then again with Power converting to Condi damage via Kindled Zeal. But the HUGE amount of vitality really gives me a lot of play to stay in melee for quite some time doing tons of AOE burning with Torch and Permeating Wrath.

You are correct that it does not work well on soloing hard champions, but for any Metas, this thing has been far exceeding my expectations.

I have debated tossing Bane Signet, but I have found that on Guardian, break bar skills seem hard to come by... are there any other options for breakbar damage? I suppose I could swap out scepter for hammer, but does it even do that much BB damage?

Thanks again.

@otto.5684 said:Core condi does not have CC, unfortunately. You can go FB for CC, if necessary.

What weapons have the most break bar on them? I'm pretty happy with camping sword/torch with Zealot's Flame procs... tons of aoe burning from that. I would be open to a second weapon that was just used for Break Bar damage.

It looks like Hammer with Banish could be my best option. Ring of Warding: do they actually have to cross it, or can you get a proc if you just lay it on them?

@Opopanax.1803 said:

@otto.5684 said:Core condi does not have CC, unfortunately. You can go FB for CC, if necessary.

What weapons have the most break bar on them? I'm pretty happy with camping sword/torch with Zealot's Flame procs... tons of aoe burning from that. I would be open to a second weapon that was just used for Break Bar damage.

It looks like Hammer with Banish could be my best option. Ring of Warding: do they actually have to cross it, or can you get a proc if you just lay it on them?

I find hammer CC to be inconsistent. 4 has a long CD and 5 does not work well in pvp or PvE. And of course it is a power weapon. I usually stick it out with sword/torch and scepter/torch and forgo CC. If something absolutely needs CC I would respec to FB. You can also use utilities, bane signet and hammer specter weapon.

@otto.5684 said:

I find hammer CC to be inconsistent. 4 has a long CD and 5 does not work well in pvp or PvE. And of course it is a power weapon. I usually stick it out with sword/torch and scepter/torch and forgo CC. If something absolutely needs CC I would respec to FB. You can also use utilities, bane signet and hammer specter weapon.

Thanks. I think I'll keep running bane for now. Most of the time I'm able to make it alive through CC because of the high Vitality. I think I'll just skip an offset weapon and other options for now.

Thanks!