SHOULD CONJURED WEAPONS BEHAVE LIKE WARRIOR BANNERS?

Delita Silverburg.8632

In raids at least, it feels terrible when you go to rez one of your allies and accidentally pick up your Ele's FGS. It messes with them and their rotation and also messes with you in yours. Often times leading to you weapon swapping back to your usual skills wasting the weapon entirely. I'm genuinely curious how everyone else feels about this topic? It is really useful to have the weapons be shared instead of both used by the conjurer? Feel free to discuss your opinions for and against it below!

If you want to make them sit on the ground and grant their passive bonuses aoe instead, like banners, that'd be great. Personal modifiers means ele is better in raids. But if you want to keep the skills on each weapon I think making them like kits would be better. Having other people be able to pick up your weapons is cool, but probably a balancing nightmare, since classes like thief have a lot of stat modifiers, and they don't have anything to do except auto attack between combos anyway. Or JUST REMOVING THE CAST TIME even would make it feel a lot less clunkier.

However , it's very fun to see a new discussion on this topic. Again.I'm not going to tell people to stop creating them, but at this point there have been numerous threads and a huge amount of different, creative improvements proposed and re-proposed for the conjure weapons, and the devs obviously never even bothered to try and improve them in the last 3 years.

Not trying to be mean, but it's even funnier to see a post on this topic created now, right before a new expansion, where the chances of community complains and proposals being ignored is even higher than the usual 100%.

Few changes I think would be the best solution.

First change:Allow players to drop conjured weapons on the ground again if they don't want them.

Second Change:Add a Trait to the game that makes conjured weapons that you spawn on an enemy's location explode and deal additional damage/effects at the expense of a weapon pickup.

Third Change:Allow some conjured weapons to be picked up underwater and give them an underwater skill set.

I feel conjured weapons should only be for the Caster, and a Kit weapon like Engineer Kits. You wouldn't be able to freely swap to them. There would be a casting time, and you would have a time limit with that weapon until it expires. Maybe have a trait that gives it charges like ammo so you could summon it a second time quickly if needed.

Or, once summoned, you have the weapon until it breaks. You can swap freely until broken, then you would need to summon again.

The way it works currently just seems very Odd.

People who say it should be like engie kits are insane...Engie got only 5 weapon skills that's why they get immediate access to weapon kits BECAUSE THEY NEED IT , Ele got 20 weapon skill more if u weaver it would be broken to get the same treatment.My solution would be this pic i made i feel its balanced because it still favor weapon sharers, and allow you to be selfish just at the cost of longer ammo rechargeAs for step 2, instead of dropping weapon if devs want to put more effort they can force action cam and make us aim for our friend target that we want to share with, that would be cool but doubt they will do it

solution.png

What makes conjures special is the fact that you can share them, howevery this is rarely used outside of prestacking in fractals. Solution would be for me to put the ability to share them into a trait and make the conjures normally work like kits, and half their cooldowns. This wouldn't change their use at all, but would make them way less clunky.

@Khamul.9837 said:What makes conjures special is the fact that you can share them, howevery this is rarely used outside of prestacking in fractals. Solution would be for me to put the ability to share them into a trait and make the conjures normally work like kits, and half their cooldowns. This wouldn't change their use at all, but would make them way less clunky.

What if they were changed so you cannot pick up your own conjure? Basically like warrior banners but in reverse. That way you can support with them still and they work like kits with a cd, and the dps is not balanced around a clunky pick-up mechanic.

@"volca.7234" said:People who say it should be like engie kits are insane...Engie got only 5 weapon skills that's why they get immediate access to weapon kits BECAUSE THEY NEED IT , Ele got 20 weapon skill more if u weaver it would be broken to get the same treatment.My solution would be this pic i made i feel its balanced because it still favor weapon sharers, and allow you to be selfish just at the cost of longer ammo rechargeAs for step 2, instead of dropping weapon if devs want to put more effort they can force action cam and make us aim for our friend target that we want to share with, that would be cool but doubt they will do it

solution.png

You need to play eng more if you think the class has only 5 skills for its wepon set as i think you miss the point of eng comply.

Right now ele is LOCKED to its wepon harder then say a "wepon master classs" then any thing else in gw2. Ele may not seem like it but it is the wepon master class of gw2 (most of the time you see this with war classes or melee class). If you run melee wepon you are melee and there is no other chose for you as the ele. This has a lot to do with anet error of making most of the different atument skills the same with just simply a variation of added effect burning in fire healing in water etc.. less of a atument swap and more of temp enchantment chose. Ele could of been a better class if they simply keeped the 1 to 5 skills the same name but with slightly different animations and added effects to make ele class over all more accessible to new players. But that would be less fun the player bass likes to be lied to at some level.

There is a real need for ele to have kits much like eng as its locked to this wepon master type of game play but with out ANY real wepon master bounciness. Ele use to have them moving faster with daggers bigger aoe with staffs more endurance reg with scepters (oddly foces never had an effect) but all of that was removed. So now we have a wepon master class with out the befits of being a master of that wepon but still with the lock out of only being able to use that wepon.

• 1 month later...

@"volca.7234" said:People who say it should be like engie kits are insane...Engie got only 5 weapon skills that's why they get immediate access to weapon kits BECAUSE THEY NEED IT , Ele got 20 weapon skill more if u weaver it would be broken to get the same treatment.My solution would be this pic i made i feel its balanced because it still favor weapon sharers, and allow you to be selfish just at the cost of longer ammo rechargeAs for step 2, instead of dropping weapon if devs want to put more effort they can force action cam and make us aim for our friend target that we want to share with, that would be cool but doubt they will do it

solution.png

Engis have effectively 20 skills as many as ele = 5 weapon skill + 5 (F1-5) + 10 from 2 different kits on the utility slots for a total of 20 different skills

solution.png

I don't think the kit analogy is suggesting free swapping like engineer has, just that it's entirely selfish in purpose. It'd still likely have a long-ish cooldown like it does now.

What would probably be a lot simpler if we do want it to be sharable, though, would be that while the elementalist is holding a weapon, the Conjure X skill flips over to another skill which allows the elementalist to spawn a second copy of the weapon as an environmental object, but doing so cuts 30s off the duration of the elementalist's own weapon (from a base of 60s). Alternatively, it could have its recharge reduced to 30s and become an ammo skill, but using the flipover to generate a second weapon as an environmental object uses the second charge.