Anet Email for a Survey: True or Pishing?

Hello

I did receive an email earlier, that seems to be from Anet, however with a bit a somewhat "strange" appearance and text content, asking me to click a button for a survey.

Quote/Listening to our community is vital to making Guild Wars 2. We'd appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to fill out a short survey. This survey is an opportunity to influence our development process—your opinions will go straight to the ArenaNet team.

You've been individually selected for this mission, so please don't forward the invitation to anyone else. This is your chance to be heard and to help us make Guild Wars 2 the best game it can be./Unquote

Anyone else got that email? Is it a true one or a tentative pishing?

Thanks for info

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:Header shows email address: guildwars2@ncsoft.com

Pretty sure I have had mail like this before and I can say with decent confidence that it is fake.A big give away is the @ncsoft.com which I am absolutely sure Anet employees never use.

To my knowledge Anet will never contact you by E-mail with stuff like this either so.. yeah very very sure it's fake.

Some helpful information as well.https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/230553847-Avoiding-Phishing-Scams#additional-resources

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:I tested the link, we land on an internet site with a simple logo, no names, and requiring to login... B)

Doesn't sound good LOL

Be careful about clicking links in dodgy e-mails, never know what scammers can hide in them.From the sounds of it whoever sent you that mail is a low skill scammer at best and is trying to get you to give them your log in information.

@"Dreamy Lu.3865" said:I tested the link, we land on an internet site with a simple logo, no names, and requiring to login...

The "login" is the link itself. Past surveys have been a link to guildwars2.ncsoft.com, which redirects to a survey site, for example: qualtrics.com.

Also, asking for you login/personal information is how you'd know it's fake, since ArenaNet already knows that information.

@Teratus.2859 said:

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:Header shows email address: guildwars2@ncsoft.com

Pretty sure I have had mail like this before and I can say with decent confidence that it is fake.A big give away is the @ncsoft.com which I am absolutely sure Anet employees never use.

To my knowledge Anet will never contact you by E-mail with stuff like this either so.. yeah very very sure it's fake.

Some helpful information as well.

@Dreamy Lu.3865 said:I tested the link, we land on an internet site with a simple logo, no names, and requiring to login... B)

Doesn't sound good LOL

Be careful about clicking links in dodgy e-mails, never know what scammers can hide in them.From the sounds of it whoever sent you that mail is a low skill scammer at best and is trying to get you to give them your log in information.

Just an FYI: ArenaNet emails do come from @ncsoft.com

I'm not asserting that this particular email is legitimate, though I've received the surveys with that exact text in the past (that were legitimate).OP can always contact the CS Team for information about the email/survey.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:OP can always contact the CS Team for information about the email/survey.

That would be the best thing to do.

I'm pretty sure that's what I did as well and was told that Anet employees wouldn't contact me via E-mail with stuff like that.

This was a good while ago though and I don't trust my memory to be accurate about details.

Here's the text from one of the surveys I received last year:

Listening to our community is vital to making Guild Wars 2. We'd appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to fill out a short survey. This survey is an opportunity to influence our development process—your opinions will go straight to the designers, artists, and engineers at ArenaNet.

You've been individually selected for this mission, so please don't forward the invitation to anyone else. This is your chance to be heard and to help us make Guild Wars 2 the best game it can be.

Take the survey!

The survey link led to Qualtrics.com - Survey MonkeyIt came from guildwars2@ncsoft.com

You can google and find posts, here and on Reddit, about these surveys.

I got one on one of my accounts as well. It's real - it goes to qualtrics.

It was a survey asking if we knew what the combo system is, and how much we use it / like it.

They're still trying to gauge whether or not to continue to support this system. They've been patching out combo traits/runes etc.

Removing that system will likely just lower the skill ceiling a ton and dumb-down the game quite a bit, which is not fun at all.