I'd like to share what needs to be nerfed and some way to buff other area so that nerf is not impacting the class as a whole.
- Greatsword is over performing in sPvP mode. The block is too long making this weapon clearly too forgiving for the class. I would reduce the block time to 1.5s seconds leaving in 3s for WvW. Reducing the block will not be enough thou, because the other weapon combinations don't bring enough utility. Axe#4 needs a wide corridor area of effect, Dagger#5 needs a teleport to target when hit.
- Ancient Seeds is an extremely passive trait which brings too much immob in any game mode. That trait needs to be removed as no rework can make a trait which applies immobilize fun to play with or against to.
- Multipliers on Soulbeast are too many. It still can make absurd numbers like 10k mauls (against glass targets). Remove the 7% from fury as that is basically a constant extra damage, replace that minor with GM Oppressive Superiority which will make the Soulbeast to have less multipliers. It will also make the multiplier less consistent as it will apply depending on the enemy hp related to the ranger. I don't see Skills like Sic'em as an issue as those work the same as other classes have to increase burst for short time.
- Druid has access to too many stealth sources. Druid having access to smokescale F2 (lunar impact, warhorn, sword, Greatsword can apply stealth from there) + Celestial Shadows + Runes of the trapper makes too many sources of stealth which can be constantly applied during the battle. This will scale in the future if newer pets get additional combo fields or effects the druid may interact with. Remove access to pets F2, as such druid does does not have access to secondary effects from the pets.
- Axe main hand is overperforming in all PvP modes, that single weapon can carry tank builds with little investment. Axe a ranged weapon (900 range) does too much damage being able to hit for 4-5K with the autos. Splitblade can be a one shot skill if you hit with the 5 blades (2.5K each * 5 times ), Winters Bite can still deal more than a Maul with the additional range, no visual cue and the effects of weakness and freezing. The main culprit is the might from the auto attack which can build very fast with the bouncing attack. Remove might from the auto attack, that will bring the numbers down still allowing the ranger to build a burst with different skills/traits. Winters bite could benefit from an slower projectile and a more clear visual cue like a bigger projectile or an snow trail. Honed axes should increase Expertise ( 150 + 150 ) when equipped instead to empower the hybrid nature of the weapon.
- Beastmastery traitline brings too much for the Soulbeast in any gamemode. It does bring more damage and utility than skirmish and marksmanship with the extra stats, extra damage when at full hp and the extra movement speed increasing at the same time the tankiness of the soulbeast. Additional Stats and movement speed should be removed from the traitline and applied as baseline for all the pets. If the movement speed for the soulbeast is important can be applied as secondary effect in Essence of speed or as minor to the Soulbeast traitline.