[Poll] Weapon for the next Thief Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041

What weapon would you like to get for the next thief elite specialization?

Clarifications:I added an option for "other" weapons, too, so you can tell us what currently non-existant weapon you would like to get as a thief.You are only allowed to specify 10 poll options so I scrapped scepter and focus since they aren't really that "thief-y". However, if you would like to get a scepter or focus for the thief's next elite spec, vote for "other" and tell us why.

I would appreciate if you voted and told us why you'd like to see your chosen weapon for the next thief's elite specialization!

Definitely Sword Off-Hand.I would love to see a proper Brawler-Spec for Thief (again) and I feel like Off-Hand Sword thematically best fills that spot.A spec that really gives a whole new meaning to what were the mind-games of Acro S/D in ages past. Don't want it to try and be a Mesmer though, Illusions on a Thief seems more like something suited for a Scepter.

Another option would ofcourse be the Focus for a Bard spec that I've seen some people suggesting... Could be interesting for a party-support sort of spec, especially after seeing what they've done with the Firebrand's Tomes/Virtues.

But yeah, I definitely want Sword Off-Hand next, I just need that duellest/brawler-y goodness that other classes have been enjoying and that we've felt in the past.

Mace both off and mainhand. This will create the most weapon combinations and new sets that is possible giving a much greater variety in builds. Sword is appealing but in reality would not shake up the existing meta enough as we already have sword MH.

We already have three two handed weapon specs and two handers add nothing to existing OH sets. It time to break out of dagger , pistol , sword.

@babazhook.6805 said:Mace both off and mainhand. This will create the most weapon combinations and new sets that is possible giving a much greater variety in builds. Sword is appealing but in reality would not shake up the existing meta enough as we already have sword MH.

We already have three two handed weapon specs and two handers add nothing to existing OH sets. It time to break out of dagger , pistol , sword.

I agree with you! But sword offhand would also offer new skills to dagger, pistol and sword 3.

how about torch for simply reason of adventure in nights?as class based on shadow, dark? with daredevil staff on back while moving with right skin looks great and then how about just torch offhand with any other thief weapon in mainhand?S1Ctfd3.jpgit can be in theme as wanderer or something like this who just is always in move, dont have permament 1 place to alive and dont care if he will steal something on his way for his needs, reasons :p

@Dadnir.5038 said:100% torch, I'd like to see a burn thief e-spec named treasure hunter. Thief steal and the treasure hunter idea push this fact even further, leading the thief to roam the world, seeking treasures to snatch.

oh this is great, what I mainly mean, treasure hunter :D...always have problem with simple explain xD

Thief uses initative instead of cooldowns for weapon skills.That basically means you won't swap weapons for fighting purpose (because kind of shared cooldown of every weapon skill).Which means thieves are way way way better off with 2handed weapons.Please people, understand that.Mostly you do auto attacks as well, with an offhand weapon you mostly get nothing new and exciting. It will be super boring and you guys will complain again.Just think this once through.....

@Turk.5460 said:It's a tough choice between Offhand Sword and Offhand Torch. We already have 2 main 2-hander's (Staff and Rifle), and I would love to see more utilization of the dual-skills, which is one of our profession-defining mechanics.

I'm curious how an offhand torch thief would play. Maybe the theme would be like a bandit that places bombs and mines all around the battlefield and ignites their fuses with a torch. It would actually be pretty could and fitting for the thief!

@Sodeni.6041 said:

@Turk.5460 said:It's a tough choice between Offhand Sword and Offhand Torch. We already have 2 main 2-hander's (Staff and Rifle), and I would love to see more utilization of the dual-skills, which is one of our profession-defining mechanics.

I'm curious how an offhand torch thief would play. Maybe the theme would be like a bandit that places bombs and mines all around the battlefield and ignites their fuses with a torch. It would actually be pretty could and fitting for the thief!

Dual skills to ignite the attacks of the main-hand weapon and add burning, maybe. It would be burn and blind focused most likely.

@Turk.5460 said:

@Sodeni.6041 said:

Dual skills to ignite the attacks of the main-hand weapon and add burning, maybe. It would be burn and blind focused most likely.

That sounds interesting since thief hasn't access to burning yet.

While the desired weapon skills have been discussed , I think trait wise i would like any new spec to focus on shadowsteps wherein traits used to enhance.

Theif has three main "defining" characteristics. These are stealth access, Doddges and shadowsteps. While other professions have the same to an extent the thief tends to be at the top or near the top in each of these in way of utility.

Daredevil focused on dodges.DE IMO is focused more on stealth.Plug in name here should be about shadowsteps.