Remove Trapper Rune

Crozame.4098

@Zephoid.4263 said:

@Zephoid.4263 said:Nope. Only thing keeping DH viable in any sense, and even then its still not in contention for top teir.

Its not called viable, its called kitten.

Not really an argument or justification. If you are just mad, we can just ignore this thread.

I am not mad, just think its bad design.

@Crozame.4098 said:

@Zephoid.4263 said:Nope. Only thing keeping DH viable in any sense, and even then its still not in contention for top teir.

Not really an argument or justification. If you are just mad, we can just ignore this thread.

Explain. Traps are nearly straight useless in pvp without the rune. The rune creates a whole build in a class that has been underperforming since the first set of nerfs it got after release. It also gives condi, which doesn't work with any traps (unless you are going condi, in which case you are glass cannon with almost no defensive traits and are using power traps for condi damage).

@Psykewne.3025 said:Needs a 10 second cooldown and stealth and super speed nerfed to 1 second in pvp only. If DH still has issues then you can balanced it from there. A rune set should not give better better stealth than many thief set ups.

DH has had issues forever, we know good and well it won't receive any buffs if Trapper runes were nerfed. All it will do is make DH useless again unless some other gimmick build arises.

@Zephoid.4263 said:

Explain. Traps are nearly straight useless in pvp without the rune. The rune creates a whole build in a class that has been underperforming since the first set of nerfs it got after release. It also gives condi, which doesn't work with any traps (unless you are going condi, in which case you are glass cannon with almost no defensive traits and are using power traps for condi damage).

using a trap gives 3 seconds of stealth and superspeed, with no CD. DH runs 4 traps. Some condi ranger runs about 1-2 traps but one trap has 10 second CD. If you dont think this is brainless, then I have nothing to say.

@Brokensunday.4098 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:Changed my mind

No other trapper rune is this annoying

So prolly dh needs some tunning down

Seems you dont know anything of dh if your asking for nerf. The traps do need something like 5 secs cd atleast in pvp

I know dh has one of the highest winrates in the game for quite a while, a class flying under the radar for 6 months at least. Now team USA made it pop and a lot of ppl are playing it it's going to be nerfed, you gatekeeping it or not

@Crozame.4098 said:

using a trap gives 3 seconds of stealth and superspeed, with no CD. DH runs 4 traps. Some condi ranger runs about 1-2 traps but one trap has 10 second CD. If you dont think this is brainless, then I have nothing to say.

4 traps= 1 stun break and nearly no condi cleanse. So you are running a glass cannon build that keeps breaking its own stealth. You have superspeed, but no swiftness so you have to rely on using traps for map mobility.

Nah, the problem isn't trapper.

@Khalisto.5780 said:

@Khalisto.5780 said:Changed my mind

No other trapper rune is this annoying

So prolly dh needs some tunning down

Seems you dont know anything of dh if your asking for nerf. The traps do need something like 5 secs cd atleast in pvp

I know dh has one of the highest winrates in the game for quite a while, a class flying under the radar for 6 months at least. Now team USA made it pop and a lot of ppl are playing it it's going to be nerfed, you gatekeeping it or not

Win rates does not mean x build or x class is overperforming. Las season dh had good winrates and was not even meta. Dh in general is in a dire need of a buff. I edited my las coment scicne i saw some mistakes. the runes need a internal cd that should alone make the build less opressive for low ranked players.

@Brokensunday.4098 said:

Edit also traps need to desapwn asoon as you place another.

They do... what do you mean?

Also remove trapper runes!

If i remember correctly you can place same traps twice if you place them then wait the cd and when some one triggers place another. Traps should despawn when the cd reset.

The moment you trigger the trap, the trap itself disappears, and a trap effect is playing out in the place for the trap in a few seconds. The trap despawns upon placing a new one, the spell that plays out after doesn't, as it's technically not a trap.And I don't get why it should despawn either, I always looked at it like the tradeoff for limiting yourself to traps. Because if trapper runes do not exist, you can see where the enemy places them, you can also expect them on specific locations, you can send in pets, clones, dodge through them etc... so the players can make up for the fact that they can be "chained" twice with their own skill. Having the effects despawn would just make blindly charging into traps a much more forgiveable mistake.You see most of us do not want to kill trapper builds, we just don't want guardians running around with stealth and superspeed.

@Brokensunday.4098 said:

Edit also traps need to desapwn asoon as you place another.

They do... what do you mean?

Also remove trapper runes!

If i remember correctly you can place same traps twice if you place them then wait the cd and when some one triggers place another. Traps should despawn when the cd reset.

When the trap is placed, the cooldown starts to run. When it is over and you place the same trap (again), the old one disappears. You cannot place the same trap twice.

Example: You place the trap, the cooldown begins, someone steps into the trap, you place the (same) trap again because the cooldown was already over. It might be a bit confusing because the cooldowns of the traps from the "Ranger" are quite short (if improved).