[Poll] Weapon for the next Revenant Elite Specialization — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Poll] Weapon for the next Revenant Elite Specialization

Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭
edited May 19, 2018 in Revenant

What weapon would you like to get for the next Revenant elite specialization?

Clarifications:
I added an option for "other" weapons, too, so you can tell us what currently non-existant weapon you would like to get as a Revenant.
You are only allowed to specify 10 poll options so I scrapped torch and focus. If you would like to get those weapons for the next Revenant elite specialization, vote for "other" and tell us why!

I would appreciate if you voted and told us why you'd like to see your chosen weapon for the next Revenant's elite specialization!

[Poll] Weapon for the next Revenant Elite Specialization 426 votes

Axe (mainhand)
4%
Arkham Creed.7358TheWolf.1602Panda.1967Katary.7096Fjaeldmark.9043dusanyu.4057Kaiser.9873Dadnir.5038Reverielle.3972Crossaber.8934Redfeather.6401Rasp Sabreblade.5421Thornwolf.9721aldd.7016Rashagar.8349Twyn.7320Apple.1325Catchyfx.5768SirTomato.3627Caligrafers Blade.3871 21 votes
Dagger (mainhand/offhand or both)
8%
Aceofsppades.6873crosknight.3041Ealandur.1876Oldyoung.6109mOssinPL.9167Raynoke.1247Kravey.4563Pyroen.2086shiek.4862Deax.1572Ohoni.6057xivor.8754Camp Laszlo.3491Hooglese.4860DonArkanio.6419ZeftheWicked.3076Set.7461Enzo Kensei.9850Belishine.7493Dried Donkey.8504 36 votes
Mace (offhand)
0%
dbreien.2543Mikali.9651Explosia.9164Kriegsfalke.7562 4 votes
Pistol (mainhand/offhand or both)
5%
Livmused.6271PurebladeProductions.4875narcx.3570Rym.1469Buran.3796TehCorbzor.9852Corthyll.7635Ayumi Spender.1082CMinnett.2375Oh My God.8423xev.9476Elena.1543Dano.2408Durlot.5278Dropson.1360rylien.3824VocalThought.9835TheRealShaunsred.4928Doctor.1384aceofbass.2163 25 votes
Scepter
6%
LucianDK.8615witcher.3197Gandarel.5091Lonami.2987NotASmurf.1725Carighan.6758cymn.7384thewaterguy.4796Angel de Lyssa.4716nosleepdemon.1368Arkaile.5604otto.5684NaiveBayes.2587AstralDusk.1670Imperadordf.2687ViciousVyne.2935Andwari.2978DarkGriever.2047Dorian Teal.1203nia.4725 27 votes
warhorn
1%
Coolguy.8702Shala.8352Mewcifer.5198MdT.9506Eekasqueak.7850MrAptronym.2846 6 votes
Rifle
3%
BunjiKugashira.9754ScottBroChill.3254Blade.1843Skyrum.5483Dralor.3701Game of Bones.8975Shyster.7391Blood Red Arachnid.2493Mac.1576NorthernMoose.9617Fluid.2679Umair.7693Cookiemonster.8527Cuon Alpinus.7645josephleahy.2943 15 votes
Longbow
2%
Krispera.5087Xolas.9781Warlyx.6732Oshi.9324Eniam.8540Malachi.1836RICOH.6280pallas.8150Fueki.4753Levi M.7428Madness.5810 11 votes
Greatsword
63%
TheSlothArmada.6709godfat.2604Solori.6025Kam.4092DKShang.8792Demophon.4982Kahrgan.7401Abelisk.4527Dante Stormwind.3794Ertrak.9506Dart.7683Khailyn.6248Sodeni.6041Cuddy.6247Kreed.2768pah.4931GWStunnerz.9507Alatar.7364MakubeC.3026Ayrilana.1396 270 votes
Other
2%
Athel.2076Headcase.4618Klypto.1703Dinsy.2491Nawnek.2598ARIAKAS.3658Nightmare.1234ZDragon.3046Flauvious.6195thesocialdemoon.4732Benedek.2465 11 votes
<13

Comments

• Greatsword

i want greatsword and meele. But the axe is another great idea

• Mako.4137Mako.4137 Member ✭✭
    Greatsword

Id say greatsword, but in honestly depends on the overall concept for me.

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Scepter

It is very unlikely that the next weapon will be a melee weapon. The most probably is mid ranged power weapon

• Greatsword

The next legend should be a Norn or Asura representation.

• Euthymias.7984Euthymias.7984 Member ✭✭✭
    Greatsword

GS+ Jora/Aesgir Legendary Norn stance.
    Stance utilities or Transformation Kits.

• Set.7461Set.7461 Member ✭✭✭

I know many people are voting GS but I voted Dagger(both mh/oh) because that opens up the most build diversity in mixing weapons. To be fair, pistol does the same but I don't think it would work thematically with Revenant.

• Buran.3796Buran.3796 Member ✭✭✭✭

Mainhand Pistol (or both hands) because I still want condition ranged weapon viable at PvP and roaming.

• Rain.9213Rain.9213 Member ✭✭
    Greatsword

Not having Greatsword was a big disappointment for me this expac. Weaver, Deadeye, and Holo saved the experience for me, thankfully. Here's hoping that they come up with a really interesting and fun use for a Greatsword spec next time around.

Pwn what cannot be pwned.

• Sodeni.6041Sodeni.6041 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2017
    Greatsword

It's fairly interesting that there is such a great majority voting for the greatsword. Hopefully we will get it and not mace offhand for example...

• Cuon Alpinus.7645Cuon Alpinus.7645 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2017
    Rifle

@Ryouzanpaku.1273 said:
    GS for sure.
    Would love to see some unorthodox implementation though - maybe mind controlled GS levitating next to the revenant as mid range (450-600) weapon...

Make it like a mix between guardian spirit sword and a ventari's tablet for "ranged" melee at the expense of not having any cleave directly in front of you if you don't keep it close.

Permanently Embiggened

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Greatsword

I want greatsword and for its elite spec to be DPS focused.

• Greatsword

i voted greatsword in hope for something like under water weapon where is can work as both ranged condi and melee power

• NaiveBayes.2587NaiveBayes.2587 Member ✭✭
    edited October 24, 2017
    Scepter

The other two heavy professions already have greatsword so I want something different, a greatsword would just make the revenant aesthetically too cliche "black knight" for me. If it is a greatsword then give us a Norn legend please.

I chose scepter because I'm still hoping that that the renegade warband summons weren't the final nail in the coffin for a ritualisty spec... I would also like the idea of a pistol/pistol + Cobiah Marriner legend, that actually sounds awesome - I wish I picked pistols!

• Dagger (mainhand/offhand or both)

Since season 3 of the LS ended with Lazarus death, i say revenants get to invoke him for a stealth oriented elite spec using the dagger like the spear, a hybrid melee range weapon.

• Pistol (mainhand/offhand or both)

I voted pistol, not enough classes use pistol (good enough at least) and great sword is used by to many. In a side note I think the Renegade's weapon should've been a rifle, I mean, most of the skills make more sense if they came from a rifle, the legend is a charr. I think they just rushed into SB.

• Scepter

Sceptre, with Gwen as the legend. Though I respect the idea of getting a GS norn legend or rifle asura legend, for racial representation.

• Ghotistyx.6942Ghotistyx.6942 Member ✭✭✭
    Greatsword

I can't really think of anything that should come before GS. I like subverting expectations, so a greatsword that works like Ventari's Tablet would be excellent. Skill 1 commands the GS to a spot where it attacks on its own. Skills 2-5 augment the auto attack in some way.

Fishsticks

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Greatsword

GS because GS. Its a soldier class with no GS atm and two handed cleaving weapon with good utility would be nice.
    They could make it range like they did with mesmer, but i wouldnt care. Just GS.

• Belishine.7493Belishine.7493 Member ✭✭✭

i like the concept of gs for rev but if you make daggers for rev it could be a lot of fun and make them go in the mist and attack with the daggers rather then just blink around it could be a lot of fun.

• narcx.3570narcx.3570 Member ✭✭✭✭

I vote pistol... Not enough classes use it, it has some solid skins, and we can maybe get some kind of cool, i-frame heavy, Gun-Kata legend.

• Greatsword

+1 for greatsword for pure power revenant.

• Scepter

@narcx.3570 said:
    I vote pistol... Not enough classes use it, it has some solid skins, and we can maybe get some kind of cool, i-frame heavy, Gun-Kata legend.

I was just thinking that yesterday. If any class could do dual melee pistols and some cool gun-fu, it would be revenants.

• Greatsword

I voted Greatsword. I pray that we get a Power DPS spec that can actually push out competitive numbers. And I can already see some skills, imagine the opposite of axe 5, a line that pushes away enemies rather than pulls them in. Or a shockwave that u send out , that you can teleport to. Add an air spin and repetitive stab , and you got an awesome toolkit.

• Other

Scythe plz

@AstralDusk.1670 said:

@narcx.3570 said:

I was just thinking that yesterday. If any class could do dual melee pistols and some cool gun-fu, it would be revenants.

Plus, "Legendary Gunslinger" actually sounds cool.

• Greatsword

Greatsword, but melee greatsword. None of this Mesmer laser beam rubbish. Floating it beside the revenant like Balthazar would be really cool but I'd be happy to have it with standard animations.

Should thematically fit and be a power weapon. Rev has enough condi now.

• Ohoni.6057Ohoni.6057 Member ✭✭✭✭

Fully ranged MH dagger. Revenants seem perfect for a class that could just generate infinite mist daggers to fight with.

• Other

Focus offhand, obviously. I'd channel the alchemagical magistry of the legendary inventor, Snaff. Mind games, magic and a massive golem for the elite. There are enough greatsword classes in this game to go around.

• Greatsword

GS Rev with Tengu Legend (deception/physical skills type)=Samurai with magic eh eh?

• starlinvf.1358starlinvf.1358 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Greatsword

@otto.5684 said:
    It is very unlikely that the next weapon will be a melee weapon. The most probably is mid ranged power weapon

This is Revanent.... Melee weapons are ranged weapons. The Animations they used for Balthazar's weapon is exactly what I imagined a Rev wielding a Greatsword would be like..... is both a melee and med range weapon, but moves on its own, commanded by the Rev's will. I've seen this done before in a couple of action platformers, and works to good effect; visually and mechanically.

• Greatsword for Trahearne spec! X'D

• Sorem.9157Sorem.9157 Member ✭✭✭
    Greatsword

I'm really upset that this expansion's legend wasn't balthie :( It was right there asking for it. Legendary Warrior ftw.

• NaiveBayes.2587NaiveBayes.2587 Member ✭✭
    edited November 3, 2017
    Scepter

@Sorem.9157 said:
    I'm really upset that this expansion's legend wasn't balthie :( It was right there asking for it. Legendary Warrior ftw.

Why would we be channelling balthazar... to kill balthazar?
    All this wishing for balthazar to be a legend needs to stop. Same goes for (spoilers ahead) others like: Trahaerne, Eir, Tyblat, Sieran and Forgal. (spoilers end) any elder dragon. It makes so little sense! Legends should be characters from the lore that bridges the gaps between GW1 and GW2 or from GW1 but not in GW2 so there are no lore + current story conflicts, I think that is the path they're following anyway thank goodness. The entire profession's existence is already a huge plot-hole in lore.

• Dawn Wulven.1485Dawn Wulven.1485 Member ✭✭
    edited November 3, 2017
    Greatsword

Through I want greatsword for next elite weapon,but I think the revenant are so boring to played if new elite is still about 5 new normal skills on Legendary Stance &F2F3F4 ...
    Why other professions can get 6 more slot skills and new mechanics as F1~F5.
    So I want a new mechanics for revenant that it not be switching Legendary Stance each 10 seconds only !

For example, F1 is still switch stance, F2 is make your next switching only have 5 seconds coldown, F3 is make your next skill you cast that have no energy cost, F4 is make your next attack have an extra effect.

Example 2:
    New elite will change energy bar into new mechanics. It become a new bar that calculate your all energy cost. 0 point is the normal , and 100 points is the maximum energy cost. Every second reduce 5 points energy cost. Each energy cost will delay the switching legendary stance skill (F1) you can use. It means when energy cost bar at 0 point only , your can switch another legendary stance. Furthermore, add a new trait that can increase maximum energy cost to 150 points, add a new trait that increase the reducing speed on energy cost.

edited November 4, 2017

@NaiveBayes.2587 said:

@Sorem.9157 said:

Why would we be channelling balthazar... to kill balthazar?
    All this wishing for balthazar to be a legend needs to stop. Same goes for (spoilers ahead) others like: Trahaerne, Eir, Tyblat, Sieran and Forgal. (spoilers end) any elder dragon. It makes so little sense! Legends should be characters from the lore that bridges the gaps between GW1 and GW2 or from GW1 but not in GW2 so there are no lore + current story conflicts, I think that is the path they're following anyway thank goodness. The entire profession's existence is already a huge plot-hole in lore.

Plus, how could we even channel Balthazar from the Mists when he's not even there anymore thanks to our friendly neighborhood Revcat?

• Greatsword

Greatsword, rifle, or longbow, if only because at least then we'd be guaranteed ten new skills. Because Revenant doesn't get alternate skill bars, or extra skills, or anything cool like that. We get five new rigid utility skills, maybe a crappy F skill or two, and then whatever our weapons get. So I really don't understand anyone asking for an offhand weapon only.

• Greatsword

@Kamikazi.5380 said:

Balthazar legend and we hold the GS like he did would be sick.

YES!!! This so much!!!

• Buran.3796Buran.3796 Member ✭✭✭✭

@The Spiral King.2483 said:
    Greatsword, rifle, or longbow, if only because at least then we'd be guaranteed ten new skills. Because Revenant doesn't get alternate skill bars, or extra skills, or anything cool like that. We get five new rigid utility skills, maybe a crappy F skill or two, and then whatever our weapons get. So I really don't understand anyone asking for an offhand weapon only.

5 slot weapons leads to shipwrecks as the shortbow: a design with no mobility or defensive skills which renders the weapon useless in 2 game modes (maybe even 3). If a new weapon is bad and fills 5 slots then will be utterly unusable. A new mainhand or offhand is a better choice because we already have playable weapons which can be combined with (sword, mace, axe and sword).

• Game of Bones.8975Game of Bones.8975 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Rifle

While the rifle doesn't have a direct representative with any current deity, channeling the power of an Asuran god might be a good start.

"That's what" -- She

• Greatsword

Has to be Greatsword and maybe a Norn, kodan or joton legend.

Although it wasn't an option, I really hope they figure out a way to make our next weapon be unarmed combat... Enter the Rev-Fu.

• Cobalt.7102Cobalt.7102 Member ✭✭
    edited December 6, 2017
    Greatsword

Greatsword with Jora as the legend. Maybe the ability to transform or a lot of chill for utilities. If folks want a villain Svanir is always an option.

• Greatsword

@Game of Bones.8975 said:
    While the rifle doesn't have a direct representative with any current deity, channeling the power of an Asuran god might be a good start.

They don't have gods, and only believe in the great alchemy.

• IDKismyname.4520IDKismyname.4520 Member ✭✭
    edited December 1, 2017
    Greatsword

@otto.5684 said:

Seeing as how Revenant already has a couple of examples of "going against the norm" with weapons, they may as well use GS as a mid ranged power weapon, or scepter as a power melee for all I can say.

Examples:
    -Staves are generally conceived as ranged magic weapon (Ele, Guard, Mesmer, Druid, Necro vs only Daredevil using it as a melee weapon aside from Rev)
    -Axes are mostly depicted as a power weapon (Necro, Ranger, Warrior vs Firebrand and Mirage being added recently to use axe as a condition weapon alongside Rev)
    -Maces have been a slow, but strong and sturdy semi-defensive power weapon (Guard, Warrior vs Rev using Maces as fast-hitting condition stacker)
    -Hammers have been melee for all classes that use them (Guard, Warrior, Scrapper vs Rev)

*EDIT: I also forgot to mention that Mesmers use GS as a long-range weapon.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.