[Poll] Weapon for the next Revenant Elite Specialization - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

[Poll] Weapon for the next Revenant Elite Specialization

Comments

• Greatsword

Let us use spear on land and give us the Paragon elite spec. Which means we would have the option to choose between paragon or renegade (just Mass Effect things) :P

• ArmageddonAsh.6430ArmageddonAsh.6430 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ghotistyx.6942 said:
    I can't really think of anything that should come before GS. I like subverting expectations, so a greatsword that works like Ventari's Tablet would be excellent. Skill 1 commands the GS to a spot where it attacks on its own. Skills 2-5 augment the auto attack in some way.

An interesting idea. Though NOT location. I think it would be MUCH better having it as a Target. Have it so that when we're not attacking we dont hold it but like floats near us. The auto attack could use the kinda animation from say the Mesmer staff auto attack (hand pointing forwards) as if to command the sword to go and attack. What the attacks could actually be i dont know. We already have a VERY overpowered Power weapon, so i dont think it would be good to have it as power, they attempted a hyrbid (BADLY!) so manged a Ranged GS Condi based weapon? Concentrating on Burning and burst damage?

• Here is a different posts that strongly relates to this one: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/19034/what-role-should-the-new-elite-specialization-unlock-for-revenant#latest

I am currios to see what kind of role do you hope to gain from your new elite specialization and weapon.

• Ertrak.9506Ertrak.9506 Member ✭✭✭
    Greatsword

@Sorem.9157 said:
    I'm really upset that this expansion's legend wasn't balthie :( It was right there asking for it. Legendary Warrior ftw.

Wouldn't have worked lore wise. Revs channel legends in the mists. Balth was not in the mists during the story. To top it off (someone correct me if I'm wrong) gods do not go to the mists when they die, they completely cease to exist, therefore we wouldn't have been able to channel him.

I would also argue that we would not be able to actually channel him anyways even disregarding what i said. Hes a god so he's so powerful that i ding w would have been able to actually control him/ his power.

• Lonami.2987Lonami.2987 Member ✭✭✭
    Scepter

I voted scepter, for a potential ritualist elite specialization, featuring Master Togo, but greatsword would come second, featuring Asgeir Dragonrender.

Still, I think it's time for new weapon types, of which revenant should get one. Greataxe could be cool for another elite specialization, and scythe could be added to the core profession, together with main-hand axe and off-hand mace, since we're so short on skills anyway.

@Kamikazi.5380 said:
    Let's hope Anet focuses on gameplay instead of shoehorning a female legend for the sake of having more females.

Balthazar legend and we hold the GS like he did would be sick.

If they are so obsessed with female representation, remove Mallyx and bring Varesh Ossa back! Far better character than the demon gorilla.

• Other

I still holding out for Legend Snaff, with off hand Focus. Utilities with a telekinetic theme and an f2 that summons a golem that has a flamethrower for enemies less than 600 range and homing missiles for 600-1200 range foes.

• I vote for dual pistols but instead of shooting with them we bash enemies with them in melee cos why not?

• LucianTheAngelic.7054LucianTheAngelic.7054 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 20, 2017
    Greatsword

GS, but it's kind of generic, so they'd have to do something fun with it. Otherwise Focus, for some sort of power Sword/Focus magic swordsman.

• Manpag.6421Manpag.6421 Member ✭✭✭

@Cobalt.7102 said:
    Greatsword with Jora as the legend. Maybe the ability to transform or a lot of chill for utilities. If folks want a villain Svanir is always an option.

I do think Jora is a very likely candidate for the next Espec, and I'm sure she WOULD have used a greatsword in GW1, if they'd been a thing then. I do feel we're due a villain again though, to balance things; we've got an even mix for core rev, but both current elites are heroes so Svanir would be an amazing choice. Svanir would also be a really interesting one actually; I could see it being a power spec (badly needed now), but with a lot of chill that could synergise with Abyssal Chill. You could also argue for either GS for him (we see Svanir once in a cinematic in GW1, so they wouldn't be contradicting anything by giving him a weapon that was unavailable then) or double daggers since, you know, he was stuck in bear form. With claws.

I think the core legends were planned slightly poorly; if there had been a bit more of a balance of genders then, there wouldn't be a feeling of "Oh, they're just picking women now" because there would be no perceived inequality to address. Still, since I think racial equality is more important than gender equality (in the context of GW2 and its core theme of uniting all the races) for the planning of future Especs.

Norn is a given, with greatsword very likely, as previously stated.
    Asura, probably Snaff, granting access to either pistol or rifle, is on the cards – but I can see this being another summon-based one with turrets so not straight after Kalla.
    Vekk would be another viable choice for this if they wanted to give us scepter instead.
    Sylvari is a bit tricky because there's debate over whether they actually have souls and go to the Mists, and most of them are too recently departed by current standards.

I wonder about a Legendary Lich stance, channelling Vizier Khilbron. He may have started out human, but he wasn't at the end. He'd sit nicely alongside Shiro as a fellow campaign antagonist, though may be a little similar to Mallyx in both theme and skills. That would almost certainly giv revs scepter, since although the Scepter of Orr is more of a staff it does at least have 'scepter' in its name. Focus would also be an option, given that his most infamous act was reading the forbidden magic that sunk Orr; we already have quite a few foci that are books or scrolls, and an elite skill that was a mini-cataclysm just like Shiro's Jade Winds would be incredible. I'm seeing tonnes of Mallyx synergy there, but also a more mobile summon-based spec that would allow revs to play like a necro.

• Greatsword

I would love a varesh stance

• Tora.7214Tora.7214 Member ✭✭
    edited December 22, 2017
    Greatsword

i doubt any new legend would be any deceased character we have meet so far, it would be a big spoiler for any new player just coming and buying all expansions at once. (Trahearne stance with a living Trahearne right at your side in the main personal story from vanilla gw2 lol)

rewarding weapon, well, we allready have a support elite and a condition damage elite, so hopefully next elite will be a decent power spec and GS is the only one that makes sense to me to fill this role unless Anet thinks revenant still doesnt have enough range weapons and decides to gives us a dps elite with LB, scepter or pistols-rifle.

dagger mh is another weapon that could be made into a power option for reve, but it would look extremely odd using dagger main hand with sword offhand but considering we had seen odd combinations before like medium range mace/axe and ranged GS, Hammers...

• Rasp Sabreblade.5421Rasp Sabreblade.5421 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2017
    Axe (mainhand)

I voted Ax, but now thinking about it - I should have voted Dagger - Main and offhand
    Off-hand dagger would pull target to you – like offhand previous version of offhand sword and thief’s scorpion wire

When we go to Cantha I want to be able to channel Kanaxai or Urgoz as a legend or get 2 new legends for my Revenant.

Also I would like to see the Revenant have weapon spells ( think GW1 ritualist ). However, they bind the Rev and the enemy and each would have the effect. examples below.
    1. Splinter Weapon - causes dmg to foes around you and around your foe to their allies when they use a skill.
    2. Nightmare Weapon (upkeep) - steals health but you do less dmg to foes around you and around your foe siphons health from their allies for you when they use a skill.
    3. Wailing Weapon - interrupts/blinds foes around you and around you foe to their allies when they use a skill.
    4. Weapon of Aggression - you and your allies gain swiftness, whereas your foe and their allies are slowed.
    5. Weapon of Fury – pulls and removes all conditions from you and your nearby allies (3-5) and transfers them to your foe, but only for half of the duration. So if you only/allies had 1 stack it would transfer that, but if you/allies have 5 stacks it would only transfer 2, whereas as 6 stacks would be 3.
    6. Vengeful Weapon - steals health from foe you do damage to and gives health your ally who your foes does dmg to.
    7. Resilient Weapon (elite) - you and your allies gain health regen and 100 toughness, while your foe and their allies looses health (bleeding) and 100 toughness

So it is all about doing AOE dmg and making your foe cause AOE damage to their allies and themselves - sort of like torment but not a condition and only lasts for 3-5 secs or a certain number of hits.

• Greatsword

necro thread but I hope arenanet is looking. I'd fall in love with great sword, doesn't have to be balthazar, but reuses assets of his animations. it's cool af.

• Still a huge fan of greatsword with balthazar as a legend.

• Kahyos.1437Kahyos.1437 Member ✭✭✭
    Greatsword

A greatsword legend that works well with shiro double sword would be nice. Herald is too clunky for me.

• Pyroen.2086Pyroen.2086 Member ✭✭
    Dagger (mainhand/offhand or both)

dagger dagger with razah legend with stealth, evades and blind

• Kahyos.1437Kahyos.1437 Member ✭✭✭
    Greatsword

@Pyroen.2086 said:
    dagger dagger with razah legend with stealth, evades and blind

This is nice too, anything but pistol, scepter, focus please.

• ZeftheWicked.3076ZeftheWicked.3076 Member ✭✭✭✭

Offhand dagger.

I want it have an ability to be thrown and tethered to an enemy. While tethered, mainhand's auto would strike them regardless of range, as long as the tether is up. Follow up skill would pull enemy to you.

The second skill be melee, single target fear, or knockback, to allow for some disengage and all the torment stacks that condi rev stacks to actually do their job.

• Greatsword

Pretty sure if GS isn't the next weapon, there will be riots

• Greatsword

@Venatorn.7619 said:

I'd quit 100% no questions asked. they already did me in with not completing dhuum's armor set from wing 5. balthazar is the reason i even came back to the game after years of not feeling it. don't hurt me no mo'. :'(

• Doctor.1384Doctor.1384 Member ✭✭✭
    Pistol (mainhand/offhand or both)

@Venatorn.7619 said:

If its not gs ill stop playing rev, if its scepter or focus ill stop playing gw2

• Warlyx.6732Warlyx.6732 Member ✭✭
    Longbow

i would love power longbow , but rev just got shortbow :(
    Greatsword would be cool too.

• Justine.6351Justine.6351 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Greatsword

While I would love to see a Greatsword it probably should be a one-hander now that we got 3 two-handers.

Its actually shocking we didn't get a focus on core rev now that I think about it considering what a focus item is conceptually ingame.

Anet buff me :-(
    Make me good at game!

• SirTomato.3627SirTomato.3627 Member ✭✭
    edited March 18, 2018
    Axe (mainhand)

We already have majority of classes that can wield greatsword (warrior, mesmer, necro, guardian, ranger). Revenant absolutely shouldn't be another.

I accidentally voted for axe. But, imo, warhorn will more suit to revenant. (Something like channeling powers of mists through warhorn sounds)

Or even design new weapon type. Even elite specialization that changes some old weapon skills will be looks better.

• Greatsword

Pretty clear a significant majority want GS. Hopefully with Herald being tank/support and Renegade being condi we'll get GS with a power spec next expansion.

• Axe (mainhand)

@narcx.3570 said:
    Although it wasn't an option, I really hope they figure out a way to make our next weapon be unarmed combat... Enter the Rev-Fu.

Oooh! I love this idea!

• Axe (mainhand)

Seriously, people are asking for GS? How imaginative! Like we really need that! And with Balt as Legend, it would most probes be another fiery condi set.
    Now Tybalt would be awesome and hilarious. We could get rifles, so more range options.

But what would really be cool would be ice-themed Norn legend with axe for a good cc heavy build.

• Rashagar.8349Rashagar.8349 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2018
    Axe (mainhand)

I can't even remember what I voted for in the poll at this stage, part of the reason I'm posting here is out of curiosity to see what answer comes up under my name heh.

In general, I prefer getting one handed weapons so they're capable of being mix and matched with earlier base weapons, but revenant doesn't actually have the base options to mix and match with, so that becomes much less of a factor.

I agree about core rev and focus.

*Edit
    Oh ok apparently I voted axe. Cool.

• Belishine.7493Belishine.7493 Member ✭✭✭

i think this is to hard becouse the rev could use almost any wepon and get good skills with the way its set up right now

• Haelow.7243Haelow.7243 Member ✭✭
    Greatsword

I'd really like to see Great Sword. It just seems like something is missing when Warrior and Guardian get it out of the box, so as the final Heavy it just makes sense to have the GS.

• Greatsword

Greatsword
    Id love a power Rev with GS/Staff for some solid duels/smallscale combats.
    Like, a combo of current Power Herald an Power Spellbreaker
    give it a dark knight theme, and a cool legend, a cool F2 like full counter and Ill love my rev even more !

• InsaneQR.7412InsaneQR.7412 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Greatsword

Man this poll is nearly a russian election. Its basically clear. If Anet does not take GS they mess with the community big time^^

• Buran.3796Buran.3796 Member ✭✭✭✭

What if we get the greatsword but ends being as bad as in the Reaper? Overall the track for weapons in the specs is mostly mediocre.

• Other

What I'd like is for the next elite spec legend to be an asura Golemancer (mainly cuz my only rev, so far, is an asura) but I couldn't decide if it should Oola or Zinn that they channel. But recently, I decided why not both? Your rev would would channel two golemancers at once who, given their shared history, would occasionally bicker at each other while the rev tries to play mediator and gets them to try to work together. The weapon I'm considering would be either a scepter, a focus, or both and their utility skills will involve controlling a golem hologram that hovers above the player when active.

• Frozey.8513Frozey.8513 Member ✭✭
    Greatsword

@Headcase.4618 said:
    What I'd like is for the next elite spec legend to be an asura Golemancer (mainly cuz my only rev, so far, is an asura) but I couldn't decide if it should Oola or Zinn that they channel. But recently, I decided why not both? Your rev would would channel two golemancers at once who, given their shared history, would occasionally bicker at each other while the rev tries to play mediator and gets them to try to work together. The weapon I'm considering would be either a scepter, a focus, or both and their utility skills will involve controlling a golem hologram that hovers above the player when active.

No no, I do hope they won't be bringing up another non-GW1 legend like they did with Kalla. Even if that would somehow justify bringing Scepters or Focuses for Revenant.

Since most of the people here, myself included, seem to be hoping for the Greatsword, here are some amazing options for Legends with some actual background that would work very well with it;

-Turai Ossa: Great option, lot of history and lore in the background, already wielded a sword.
    -Jora: A character whose history is sadly forgotten by many in GW2 so bringing her up would at least make Norns seem more relevant as a race, also mighty warrior who wielded a blade.
    -Devona: Similar arguments as Jora although not being a Norn. She walked with us through whole GW1, would be more than happy to see some of that to be brought back again.
    -Dhuum: The previous god of death, would make awesome option for another darker themed Revenant besides Mallyx. His profession was Dervish and since Revenant's upkeep skills are reminiscent of that class, it would be a logical choice for a Legend.
    -Balthazar: Fits for Revenant perfectly, wielded a Greatsword rather than just a sword, anyone who has played the story will understand why. Perhaps even the best choice among all of them.

• Klypto.1703Klypto.1703 Member ✭✭✭
    Other

Main hand torch pls and make sure all the powers are stationary easy to counter stuff like ventari tablet and charr spirits please.

• Cuddy.6247Cuddy.6247 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 5, 2018
    Greatsword

@Frozey.8513 said:

@Headcase.4618 said:

No no, I do hope they won't be bringing up another non-GW1 legend like they did with Kalla. Even if that would somehow justify bringing Scepters or Focuses for Revenant.

Since most of the people here, myself included, seem to be hoping for the Greatsword, here are some amazing options for Legends with some actual background that would work very well with it;

-Turai Ossa: Great option, lot of history and lore in the background, already wielded a sword.
    -Jora: A character whose history is sadly forgotten by many in GW2 so bringing her up would at least make Norns seem more relevant as a race, also mighty warrior who wielded a blade.
    -Devona: Similar arguments as Jora although not being a Norn. She walked with us through whole GW1, would be more than happy to see some of that to be brought back again.
    -Dhuum: The previous god of death, would make awesome option for another darker themed Revenant besides Mallyx. His profession was Dervish and since Revenant's upkeep skills are reminiscent of that class, it would be a logical choice for a Legend.
    -Balthazar: Fits for Revenant perfectly, wielded a Greatsword rather than just a sword, anyone who has played the story will understand why. Perhaps even the best choice among all of them.

Oola and Zinn were both in GW1. Dhuum wasn't a dervish, he was a god. I think Turai would be better fit for a rework of sword/shield. Jora or Balthazar would be my choices for a greatsword - inb4 Jora didn't wield a greatsword - she does in concept art! It's conceptual! Game mechanics aren't lore!

• MithranArkanere.8957MithranArkanere.8957 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Greatsword

I didn't need to see the poll to know it has to be greatsword.

• Rashagar.8349Rashagar.8349 Member ✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2018
    Axe (mainhand)

@Frozey.8513 said:

@Headcase.4618 said:

I really, desperately want Owl to be the new legend we get to channel.

• ZDragon.3046ZDragon.3046 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Other

Focus in main and off hand :>

• Eekasqueak.7850Eekasqueak.7850 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2018
    warhorn

Warhorn but make it either able to change the rev's skillbar to add more ranged choices or summon things. Maybe even give it an icy theme and have one if the Kodan from the first game as a legend. (Though that could work for great sword too which would be my second choice)

Edit:Or just main hand warhorn because that hasn't been done before.

• Theocraft.6053Theocraft.6053 Member ✭✭✭
    Greatsword

almost - whatever - as long as its power based and viable. I will try to make it work for sword-sword

• Gihn.1043Gihn.1043 Member ✭✭
    edited April 20, 2018

everyone has such an amazing hard-on for the greatsword, but i like what another poster said: 4/5 out of 9 professions already have it. what are you going to run, gs and sw/sw? thats too many blades. There is a serious need for some really underused weapons in this game, and greatsword is most definitely one of the most used. shortbow was another cool one, but we all see what the devs did with it in renegade.
    give us DUAL-pistol!! blindfolded melee mystical gun-fu soldier class is extremely unique, compared to the greatsword option. have it be able to switch between melee and range, a stance within stances maybe, or split it mainhand melee pistol and offhand range pistol. and this is even taking into account rev's sore need for weapon variety, and just look at the different ways spellbreakers could use the daggers! the mix of pistols will give rev some much needed flexibility in builds, even if not to the extent spellbreaker did.
    no matter what though, everyone on this thread seems to want a serious damage spec for the rev and not yet another support. hence: dual pistol, power spec for next expansion. NOT EVERY CLASS NEEDS TO WIELD ETERNITY, people

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    Scepter

I suspect twilight is to blame for the greatsword fetish. I -completely- agree that we need to see more underused weapons getting their time in the spotlight. Revs rarely works with weapons in the usual way. Look at the hammer for example.

• narcx.3570narcx.3570 Member ✭✭✭✭

@LucianDK.8615 said:
    I suspect twilight is to blame for the greatsword fetish. I -completely- agree that we need to see more underused weapons getting their time in the spotlight. Revs rarely works with weapons in the usual way. Look at the hammer for example.

I don't even get how people even like Twilight anymore... It feels like they just send you one in the mail for free for dinging 80 on your Guardian. :trollface:

• Bart.5296Bart.5296 Member ✭✭
    edited April 22, 2018
    Greatsword

@Gihn.1043 said:
    everyone has such an amazing hard-on for the greatsword, but i like what another poster said: 4/5 out of 9 professions already have it. what are you going to run, gs and sw/sw? thats too many blades. There is a serious need for some really underused weapons in this game, and greatsword is most definitely one of the most used. shortbow was another cool one, but we all see what the devs did with it in renegade.
    give us DUAL-pistol!! blindfolded melee mystical gun-fu soldier class is extremely unique, compared to the greatsword option. have it be able to switch between melee and range, a stance within stances maybe, or split it mainhand melee pistol and offhand range pistol. and this is even taking into account rev's sore need for weapon variety, and just look at the different ways spellbreakers could use the daggers! the mix of pistols will give rev some much needed flexibility in builds, even if not to the extent spellbreaker did.
    no matter what though, everyone on this thread seems to want a serious damage spec for the rev and not yet another support. hence: dual pistol, power spec for next expansion. NOT EVERY CLASS NEEDS TO WIELD ETERNITY, people

In my opinion there is no such a thing as "too much blades" :P
    But I understand not everyone may like blades as much as some - that's the reason behind the poll - to indicates to devs what are the "moods" and impressions regarding rev's next weapon.

As for pistols....I don't like it. An frankly, most of the public don't like this idea of technology-revenant as well. Neither do devs, I have troubles with finding a source, but i'm pretty sure i recall interview in which one of the dev claimed that revenant is somewhat the opposite of engineer - it looks toward past, unlike engies. Thus, revenant naturally more resonates with "ways of old magic", blades, bows, shortbows, malee etc. Don't think gunpowder fits heavy armor classes in general - since solider professions draws inspirations from medival warfare // classic high fantasy. Especially it contradicts rev, which is this shamanistic warrior, taping powers from the "underworld // other dimensions".

• Buran.3796Buran.3796 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2018

My previous choice of pistol was based in the assumption that we had a mobile block in the off hand sword, which no longer is the case.

I already have Eternity in my Guardian, but if the creative team behind the future Rev spec is the same as the Renegade I would instead to call a trident or a harpoon as the next weapon, because after the clusterkitten they made with the short bow I think that they are disconnected from the reality and any thing they would do with the greatsword is aiming towards a fiasco.

I also disagree with the notion of "pure damage oriented" for the next spec: Renegade is a pure damage buff and still is thrash outside PvE raids: is bad for close combat fighting vs humans because has no sustain nor defensive/mobility tools, and is retardely bad at range due the short bow fails to make any pressure against human players.

Since I doubt they add a new ranged weapon (we already have one and half) I would like to see a mele bruiser with good mobility (made from a different creative team). Is amazing to see how Mesmers are better than us at ANY range while having better sustain and mobility at the same time.

• Aeolus.3615Aeolus.3615 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 22, 2018
    Greatsword

Dawn Wulven.1485

Next will be a Norn Elite spec:
    Turai Ossa - GS https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Turai_Ossa wich IMO should HAD BEEN the PoF elite rather than the charr.
    Eir Stegalkin - Longbow (i dont onw pof, so i dont recall for sure wich is short or LB is from PoF campain elite spec).

I would prefer Turai IMO, and Turai is already late...

• warhorn

How about...

Weapon: Warhorn - Stormcaller
    Legend: Prince Rurik! Prince Rurik! ..... Prince Rurik!

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.