One Wolf Pack needs it's ability to Crit removed

SteepledHat.1345

@"aspirine.6852" said:Its not really game changing damage now is it.

Might be a poor argument given Rangers aren't very good/are unwanted in zergs, but OWP + Barrage can pretty easily push a 30k AOE.It isn't as good as Meteor Shower because single hits don't do much damage, but if used in a choke it is absolutely lethal for most who get caught in it even if it's the only thing hitting them. I've seen my own OWP/Barrage combo's go as high as 40k+- granted the Retaliation damage does nearly as much to myself, lol.

As for the OP, this is one of those things I don't really have a strong opinion about. With all the nerfs Soulbeast has gotten in recent times however, it's getting to the point where the difference between Soulbeast and core Ranger is minimal. Kind of feels like Ranger 2.0 minus a pet right now. And as much as I dislike the spec at times, I think it's pretty close to being at a good spot balance-wise. The boonbeast build is probably better with core right now, and without OWP + "Sic 'Em!" its damage isn't much better than core either.

@SteepledHat.1345 said:Pulmonary impact got that treatment along with mug a long while ago. Why is ranger allowed to persist in it's 100% swiftness, nuke from 1500-1800 range, with stealth access, an AI pet, and GCDs the length of an asuran golemancer?

Ummm, SB isn’t the only setup across professions that is capable of doing a lot of damage in a short amount of time. And I don’t think you’ll find much support for nerfing 1 thing on 1 profession just because you didn’t dodge, evade or block a skill with a longer channel and visible tell.

@Junkpile.7439 said:I hate these pop all cooldowns gimmicks. I don't even have any motivation play core ranger because only way to make some damage is use rhese gimmicks.

Well, when you have a base profession with some of the worst power coefficients in the game being propped up by an obscene number of traits, utilities & elite additives designed to multiply that otherwise mediocre core damage, this is the sort of thing you're left with. Rangers should have higher damage out of the box rather than those traits and shouldn't be forced into combos such as sic 'em/one wolf pack/rapid fire to contribute burst potential offensively. If you're not going to passively try and boost your damage, you might as well run condi.

As for this thread, you can dodge, interrupt, teleport away, los, reflect/block most of those shots and stealth up so they can't follow up -- and while rapid fire will be back up in a few seconds, sic 'em & one wolf pack won't be. You're comparing a trait to an elite skill. Meanwhile thieves can literally 1-3 shot rangers (and anyone else) that run that glassy. OP just lost initiative, or got ganked by a +1.

~ Kovu

@"SteepledHat.1345" said:OWP crit for 3k twice in one rapid fire in my screenshot..

Do you have issues with this damage too? Or is it just an issue that a non-thief can do great damage sometimes?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow_Shot

“Fire an unblockable shot at your foe, which blinds them, and then shadowstep to them for a dagger strike.”

• Damage: 481 (1.3125)?
  • Blindness (5s): Next outgoing attack misses.
  • Combo Finisher: Physical Projectile
  • Range: 900
  • Unblockable

Costs 5 Initiative in wvw and spvp...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/104151/thief-is-totally-broken-now

“15k shadowshot 0_0”

“I've dealt 8-9k shadow shots pretty happily before the feb patch, just trying to think how you would get 15k.”

“I don't have a single piece of zerk on my Thief so I have 19k health, and I don't use Assassin's Signet and look at these crits.”

“I've been playing Thief regularly for a few days now and it's not uncommon for me to be seeing 10 - 12k Heartseekers and 8 - 10k Shadow Shots.”

And high chances are that the Ranger who pewpewed you with Rapid Fire had high damage gear and had to use some utility skills to produce that, but.. someone using thief says “I don't have a single piece of zerk on my Thief so I have 19k health, and I don't use Assassin's Signet and look at these crits.”

Think you should be more aware of your surrounding and dodge and stuff. But if you really want 1 skill nerfed, then I think we should ask the devs for another round of 30% damage reduction across all professions in wvw and spvp for balance... What say you?

@"LionZero.3479" said:You know someone doesn't play ranger when they say OWP works on barrage lol

Here's a .gif I made for you. Look at the golems and you can see the claw marks from OWP. I put my stats in the left corner of the screen to show that I am not full Berserker. This can do a lot more damage, especially if receiving buffs from others.

@"SteepledHat.1345" said:Pulmonary impact got that treatment along with mug a long while ago. Why is ranger allowed to persist in it's 100% swiftness, nuke from 1500-1800 range, with stealth access, an AI pet, and GCDs the length of an asuran golemancer?

If they remove evade on Dagger Storm and also make it no longer crit then you can make One Wolf Pack no longer crit. Mind you, you are comparing 2 insignificant traits (Pulmonary Impact and Mug) to a Gog Dam ELITE SKILL!!!, if it cant crit then OWP is worse than Impossible Odds which also gives superspeed on top and can be activated on demand with no cooldown.

Dagger Storm is the skill that needs to be nerfed, Dagger Storm can evade and attack at the same time, cleave multiple targets, reflect projectiles, inflict cripple, bleed, increase movement speed by """""100%""""", can be enhanced to remove conditions( Trickster and Escapist's Fortitude ) which can also be enhanced with antitoxin runes to remove more conditions, this skill is absolutely LOADED, it can be used to counter projectile pressure, survive 1 shot burst, escape sticky situations like sonic, cleave downed enemies and noone can interrupt you, teabag people while spinning where One Wolf Pack at best you can only use to add some damage on top to burst down 1 enemy, you cant escape with it, cant tank cc with it, sometimes damage is not even enough with people running tank condi builds or block builds. LMAO ?.