ITT: we ask for fixes

Terrorhuz.4695

Some skills on mesmer would be alright and absolutely useful... problem is, they fail to achieve their intended purpose for seemingly no reason at all! This is not the thread to ask for buffs, I'd just love if the tools we were given (which we all know aren't really the best in the world anyway) were at least solid in the way they work!

• Sword 3: pretty much all other conditioned teleports in game (thinking of Phase Trasversal, Symbol of blades, Deathstrike and Infiltrator's strike) will teleport towards your target even when you are not in range. They won't close the full gap, but they'll help. Those that don't have this nice feature (steal and swipe, I think) will still perform a range check to prevent you from using it at all unless you're in range.Sword 3 doesn't give a fuck. If you are out of range it won't summon anything and go on full cd. Bruh.Also very very often it doesn't teleport at all. You activate the return, the immobilize procs, but you stay exactly where you are. Bruh#2.Also very very bad interaction with chilled, as you will need to wait almost 2s to activate the return while dat reaper is pummeling your low-armor. Bruh#3.

• Greatsword 5: we all hate uneven terrain, but this thing brings it up a notch. If you don't plan on giving it a wider z-axis hitbox at least make it point towards your target like an autoattack does, so that we don't get our only defensive option on gs (with 25s cooldown not reduced by trait, remember) memed by a 1m difference in height

• Sword ambush: please pretty please I just want this skill to hit. I just want to hit something with that. Monarch's Leap works fine, I guess, why does this one miss so randomly even against still targets? These skills pretty much do the same thing.

• Clones are dumb; that's part of their intended design. But it would be reasonable to update their decision tree more often than once per second or whatever it is right now. When sent to shatter against particularly fast targets (swooping rangers and jumping eles are some particularly bad offenders when it comes to that) the clones may end up crossing their paths with their target and not doing anything 'cause their AI is too slow to realize they can explode.I understand that the pathfinding algorithm can be quite taxing on the engine, but checking if target range>240 is just the Pythagorean theorem without the square root part, you may run this one a hundred times per second per every clone on a mobile phone and suffer no performance issues whatsoever. Update these guys more often please.

• Downed skill three. The phantasmal rogue. It would be cool if this guy started hitting as soon as it's summoned, instead of staring at the stars. This guy can spend ages doing nothing at all while waiting to start an attack which is quite telegraphed itself. All of that while waiting for some random crap (random stuns, random fears, random oneshots, random blinds, random immob, random aegis) to nullify it anyway.

• Skills going on full cd when people move behind your back. See that thing devs did with Bladetrail on 2015? Can we get a CTRL+c=>CTRL+v of that on greatsword 2 and pistol 5 too? Warriors and thieves keep on getting behind your back the whole time, I'd like to cast my skills sometimes.

• Blink. If I get one more blink that teleports me on the same place I'm going to lose it.Happens particularly often with mimic and instant targeting, which is kinda situational but it happens: activate mimic, blink somewhere and then WITHOUT MOVING THE MOUSE blink again; according to all logic blink should bring you where your mouse is pointing now (which is a different spot from before, since you just teleported), but the game seemingly caches where you're pointing only when you move the mouse, and not when you move.Also sometimes blink will fail and go on some 3/4s cooldown. That's rarer to get, but it happens. Never been able to reproduce it though.Q: why you use mimic?A: same reason why I play gw2. IDK, but I do.

• Greatsword 2 and greatsword 4 are projectiles. Treat them as such and make them projectile finishers! It won't be the be-all-end-all but at least give them the treatment they are mechanically supposed to have.

• Delete the clones models once they are shattered. I believe this is a QoL improvement for those that face the mesmer, I guess, but mesmers already spread a lot of visual garbage, there's no need to make the situation worse by keeping on screen clones that shattered half an hour ago and don't exist anymore.

Feel free to add whatever QoL improvement you think we deserve as mesmers. Remember!No reworks, no buffs -last balance patches show we aren't getting any of that anyway, neither us or our illusions' damage\health.Just fixes to stuff we know it would improve our life if only it wasn't buggy!

Don't forget the torch. Reduce its cooldowns to the same as the Scourge's torch. The Prestige -> 20s cd. Phantasmal Mage -> 25s cd. 30s in both is too much for what they offer untraited. Phantasmal Mage is also easy to avoid.

But I doubt it, I'm not counting on it. It has already been asked/requested many times and they have not done anything. I imagine they go on the same way as with the one dodge man. One less concern playing other professions against mesmers. They ignore, dodge or kite it depending on the position. It almost do no damage if you clean the conditions. Torch is more used today as a defensive weapon than anything else due to the single dodge. At least against good players and coordinated teams.

Anyways it'll solve nothing. We have too many things that should be reworked. Although it'd be a welcome update for the torch.

@"Terrorhuz.4695" said:Some skills on mesmer would be alright and absolutely useful... problem is, they fail to achieve their intended purpose for seemingly no reason at all! This is not the thread to ask for buffs, I'd just love if the tools we were given (which we all know aren't really the best in the world anyway) were at least solid in the way they work!

• Sword 3: pretty much all other conditioned teleports in game (thinking of Phase Trasversal, Symbol of blades, Deathstrike and Infiltrator's strike) will teleport towards your target even when you are not in range. They won't close the full gap, but they'll help. Those that don't have this nice feature (steal and swipe, I think) will still perform a range check to prevent you from using it at all unless you're in range.Sword 3 doesn't give a kitten. If you are out of range it won't summon anything and go on full cd. Bruh.Also very very often it doesn't teleport at all. You activate the return, the immobilize procs, but you stay exactly where you are. Bruh#2.Also very very bad interaction with chilled, as you will need to wait almost 2s to activate the return while dat reaper is pummeling your low-armor. Bruh#3.I think sword could be a tad bit better, by them making it so that it tells you if you're not in range, I think the design could be a bit more "fluid and magical" instead of mechanical compared to other classes with sword mainly: (thief,rev,ele,guard), but most of the time from experience, I'm in range, its a very telegraphed skill pvp wise so knowledgeable players will just kill the clone before you get to swap or easily move out of range. You can also cancel the first part of the skill nearly immediately resulting 1.5s faster total recharge and the most effective tech I found is pre-casting it with blink when in distance with an enemy so they never see it coming and get the immobilize easy. I've never encountered any other problems with sword and I said, I think the most they can do tell you when you're not in range...which is contrary to all the sword "teleport" skills on other classes, otherwise I think its a good skill.

• Greatsword 5: we all hate uneven terrain, but this thing brings it up a notch. If you don't plan on giving it a wider z-axis hitbox at least make it point towards your target like an autoattack does, so that we don't get our only defensive option on gs (with 25s cooldown not reduced by trait, remember) memed by a 1m difference in heightTrue but I don't really mind that cause the about face knockback jukes is enough for me

• Sword ambush: please pretty please I just want this skill to hit. I just want to hit something with that. Monarch's Leap works fine, I guess, why does this one miss so randomly even against still targets? These skills pretty much do the same thing.True

• Clones are dumb; that's part of their intended design. But it would be reasonable to update their decision tree more often than once per second or whatever it is right now. When sent to shatter against particularly fast targets (swooping rangers and jumping eles are some particularly bad offenders when it comes to that) the clones may end up crossing their paths with their target and not doing anything 'cause their AI is too slow to realize they can explode.I understand that the pathfinding algorithm can be quite taxing on the engine, but checking if target range>240 is just the Pythagorean theorem without the square root part, you may run this one a hundred times per second per every clone on a mobile phone and suffer no performance issues whatsoever. Update these guys more often please.This is why I always try to get in melee range, spawning clones then shattering with f1 and f2 especially, that mechanic you talked about I think benefits f3 alot though, a good interrupt from a clone coming from Nigeria is funny. This is also why I also take time catches up when playing chrono and I'm fighting a thief ESPECIALLY.

• Downed skill three. The phantasmal rogue. It would be cool if this guy started hitting as soon as it's summoned, instead of staring at the stars. This guy can spend ages doing nothing at all while waiting to start an attack which is quite telegraphed itself. All of that while waiting for some random kitten (random stuns, random fears, random oneshots, random blinds, random immob, random aegis) to nullify it anyway.I mean I think the damage it does good enough, this can easily cuck bad and good players~sometimes (altho its obvious), the only thing is that I find it easy to interrupt yourself with your downed auto-attack personally. Just have to time it right

• Skills going on full cd when people move behind your back. See that thing devs did with Bladetrail on 2015? Can we get a CTRL+c=>CTRL+v of that on greatsword 2 and pistol 5 too? Warriors and thieves keep on getting behind your back the whole time, I'd like to cast my skills sometimes.Never happened to me this way but when it does on pistol 5 especially, its my positioning fault.

• Blink. If I get one more blink that teleports me on the same place I'm going to lose it.Happens particularly often with mimic and instant targeting, which is kinda situational but it happens: activate mimic, blink somewhere and then WITHOUT MOVING THE MOUSE blink again; according to all logic blink should bring you where your mouse is pointing now (which is a different spot from before, since you just teleported), but the game seemingly caches where you're pointing only when you move the mouse, and not when you move.LOL the amount of time I've died because of this...I still think to this day though its because of panic pressing, another annoying thing is when I need to los or stun break instantly and the terrain doesn't allow it so it ends up blinking me in place also.Also sometimes blink will fail and go on some 3/4s cooldown. That's rarer to get, but it happens. Never been able to reproduce it though.Q: why you use mimic?A: same reason why I play gw2. IDK, but I do.

• Greatsword 2 and greatsword 4 are projectiles. Treat them as such and make them projectile finishers! It won't be the be-all-end-all but at least give them the treatment they are mechanically supposed to have.True, I think atleast give Mirror blade

• Delete the clones models once they are shattered. I believe this is a QoL improvement for those that face the mesmer, I guess, but mesmers already spread a lot of visual garbage, there's no need to make the situation worse by keeping on screen clones that shattered half an hour ago and don't exist anymore.Wow, I feel offended, that's like one of my fav aspects of mesmer, I feel like compared to other classes like rev ele and scourge, mesmer's animations/summons are more unified, I literally don't play classes like revenant because of the unified messy visual clutter, maybe if you could perma stay in one legend (which doesn't make sense to do) i would play it more.Feel free to add whatever QoL improvement you think we deserve as mesmers. Remember!No reworks, no buffs -last balance patches show we aren't getting any of that anyway, neither us or our illusions' damage\health.Just fixes to stuff we know it would improve our life if only it wasn't buggy!

I would like for them to somehow show you the maximum range you can put your Portal Exeunt from the Portal Entre

I would like Phantasmal Swordsman to not do that little pointless run-up even right on top of enemy, I also would like the cd to be 3/4, maybe a bit too much? but I find it so clunky and easy to cancel.

I would also like the 1 second cd on Into the Void (after you cast Temporal Curtain) to be removed, I find that a bit clunky too.

I would also really like that the boon/condi duration gained from chaotic persistence to be showed in the hero panel, or maybe make it able to surpass 100% duration....maybe a bit too much?

I would like mantras to be reworked in terms of charges and cooldown except the power spike and distraction only

I would like the cd of elite skills to be reduced, make grav well in 60secs in pve too, signet of humilty 90 sec instead of 120, and last but certainly not least, time warp 120 sec instead of 180. I would also like veil to have 60sec cd instead of 72

I would like that you can move while casting blurred frenzy

I would like that Mirage advance function like shiro teleport !_!

I would like that dune cloak be buffed a little somehow.

I would like that Mental defense cd be reduced.

I would like the old chaotic transference back.

@Terrorhuz.4695 o/I would like to add some things, GS 5 is actually REALLY good at hitting people under you, its just people slightly above you that you cant hit, and jumping doesnt help PepeHands.All teleports that function like blink have the same bug, and they cant fix it, its partly why sword 3 fails so often, I suspect it has its own bug on top of this port bug. Jaunt and shadowstep fails on that front too.GS 4 already kind of has a finisher, since the phantasms do the whirly thingy.On the rest its all spot on, wont happen tho. None of it will lol.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Terrorhuz.4695 o/I would like to add some things, GS 5 is actually REALLY good at hitting people under you, its just people slightly above you that you cant hit, and jumping doesnt help PepeHands.All teleports that function like blink have the same bug, and they cant fix it, its partly why sword 3 fails so often, I suspect it has its own bug on top of this port bug. Jaunt and shadowstep fails on that front too.GS 4 already kind of has a finisher, since the phantasms do the whirly thingy.On the rest its all spot on, wont happen tho. None of it will lol.

The phantasms may whirl, but that doesn't count as a finisher either (honestly, if it did, 2 phantasms swirling around like that would be a bit too strong)

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Terrorhuz.4695 o/I would like to add some things, GS 5 is actually REALLY good at hitting people under you, its just people slightly above you that you cant hit, and jumping doesnt help PepeHands.All teleports that function like blink have the same bug, and they cant fix it, its partly why sword 3 fails so often, I suspect it has its own bug on top of this port bug. Jaunt and shadowstep fails on that front too.GS 4 already kind of has a finisher, since the phantasms do the whirly thingy.On the rest its all spot on, wont happen tho. None of it will lol.

The phantasms may whirl, but that doesn't count as a finisher either (honestly, if it did, 2 phantasms swirling around like that would be a bit too strong)

I just tested it, it counts as finisher, but I think its projectile finisher, since onle 1 bolt travels and right towards the target, this is some weird shit right there

I have a couple too, for my beloved Chrono in particular!

a) Danger time is now "When you or your illusions have quickness". Slow reliance is bad and holding us back severely. Can nerf damage increase, just let it still critcap us.

b) Chronophantasma doesn't make a second strike, it just doubles phantasms. Generating clones above limit partially recharges main shatter skills.

Chrono's big problem is that it's burst is bad, and it has a damage ramp-up like a condi build, which also super holds it back. This change to Chronophantasma not only stops this trait from delaying your shatters which makes it actively detrimental in any PvP gamemode, but also promotes interesting synergy with Bountiful Blades and opens us up to a much juicier burst possibility. It also plays well thematically with time manipulation theme, allowing you to maybe forgo shattering to refresh F3 for CC, for instance.

c) Rework wells. A lot of them are weak and cumbersome to use too. Steal Scrapper's idea and glue them to us, make them pulse boons/effects with biggest pulse at the end still, can probably glue Action and Recall into one and make another one for better boon support/utility. Maybe even heal one, because chops for becoming a support are already there, we just don't get them.

d) Lost Time is a waste of time. Replace entirely with a defensive support option, or a utility one - to compete with Chronophantasma and STM.

e) So is Delayed Reactions. It's a trait that should be a part of Flow of Time rather than it's own thing.

Wouldn't touch on core mesmer skills, because I'm not looking into writing a new bible for 0 effect anyway, lmao.

@"necromaniac.7629" said:

• Delete the clones models once they are shattered
    . I believe this is a QoL improvement for those that
    face
    the mesmer, I guess, but mesmers already spread a lot of visual garbage, there's no need to make the situation worse by keeping on screen clones that shattered half an hour ago and don't exist anymore.Wow, I feel offended, that's like one of my fav aspects of mesmer, I feel like compared to other classes like rev ele and scourge, mesmer's animations/summons are more unified, I literally don't play classes like revenant because of the unified messy visual clutter, maybe if you could perma stay in one legend (which doesn't make sense to do) i would play it more.

I'm talking about the visual bug where the clone lingers on screen even if it's been shattered. Check this video here at 0:52, you'll see it

@Terrorhuz.4695 said:

@"necromaniac.7629" said:
  • Delete the clones models once they are shattered
    . I believe this is a QoL improvement for those that
    face
    the mesmer, I guess, but mesmers already spread a lot of visual garbage, there's no need to make the situation worse by keeping on screen clones that shattered half an hour ago and don't exist anymore.Wow, I feel offended, that's like one of my fav aspects of mesmer, I feel like compared to other classes like rev ele and scourge, mesmer's animations/summons are more unified, I literally don't play classes like revenant because of the unified messy visual clutter, maybe if you could perma stay in one legend (which doesn't make sense to do) i would play it more.

I'm talking about the visual bug where the clone lingers on screen even if it's been shattered. Check this video here at 0:52, you'll see it

Yeah, that happens a LOT i thought it only happens on "my side" as in it's a "local" visual bug, i didn't know others could see it.But yeah, that's a bug that needs fixing, but i wouldn't call it a priority, sometimes it's just funny lol. :tongue:

Anyway, i'll put my own list in this thread later what i think mesmers need.

Here's a few on top of my head:

1. "Better weapons" traits should be removed and their effects should be baseline. Like Malicious Sorcery and others. Then make room for new traits that don't clash with each other within 1 trait column. It's awful needing to have a choice between your weapon working, or having a trait that improves somehting. That should not be a choice we need to make. I'm not sure how many other professions even need to do that. Choose between making their weapon work, or some other benefit.
  2. Illusions need to be immortal and on a timer. It's a core mechanic and it's impossible to use 90% of your traits in WvW due to this. Because traits are tied to shattering clones, and needing to have more of them, while in any WvW aoe spam, any clones and even phantasms can't survive 1 second. Also make them not be a target for skills to prevent 10 mesmer raiding parties that all absorb damage into invulnerable clones. If they're targeted by a single target skill, an "invulnerable" message pops up, if they're in an AOE nothing happens. That should also give other players good indication who is a mesmer and who is a clone, while still giving a mesmer the "illusion master" vibe. And don't make the usual anet thing "ooh we give you one thing but we take 3 for it" so don't make invulnerable timer clones last 2 seconds. About 30 seconds before they disappear is enough for most shatter builds.
  3. Make support buids actually support players. Return boon sharing in one way or another, or make the boons we give ourselves also apply in the same capacity to other players.
  4. Wells need a change. It takes too long to actually get an effect out of them, and by the time they're cast+end players are already out of them. They're useless in WvW and probably in PvP too, though i don't play that mode so i can't comment on that. Comparing Chrono wells to every other profession that has them, they're by far the worst. Especially on the Wells heal when they end trait. By the time you need to heal someone it's a snap decision. By the time a well should heal someone they're already dead. Wells should heal on each pulse. Like, i like that summoniong clones heals allies, shattering them heals you and others, but that's not enough healing for a good sustain build, wells need to reflect that too. As for how much, idk, but wells should pulse their effects on each pulse instead of just the last one. So the longer you stand in them, the better the effect (or worse if you're in an enemy mesmer's well).
  5. Reduce casting times. Mesmers have one of the most slowest casting times compared to the effect they produce. Other classes are either instant or have a 1/4 casting time for the same or better effect.
  6. Need i mention the atrocity that is Staff 5? I can burn all cooldowns on staff, change to another set and burn all those, then change to staff and still need to wait for that cooldown! Either make hybrid builds on mesmer possible, or decide if staff is power or condi. Right now it can't be both. And if it's meant for support then what's with the insane cooldowns on weak effects like staff 5 and weak bouncy boons? Have all staff skills give boons if that's a support weapon.
  7. Return Mirage dodge. This should have never happened and has been going on for far too long.
  8. Shield 4 most of the time doesn't spawn a phantasm when you block. Idk why, probably a bug.
  9. Crystal sands does too little damage and has too little use to be a utility skill. It's just there for a mirror, and that's what Sand through Glass already does and better so... More damage on that please, or some other effect like like more confusion stacks or CC
  10. Lots of ambush skills are buggy, but OP already wrote that.

@"Veprovina.4876" said:Here's a few on top of my head:

1. "Better weapons" traits should be removed and their effects should be baseline. Like Malicious Sorcery and others. Then make room for new traits that don't clash with each other within 1 trait column. It's awful needing to have a choice between your weapon working, or having a trait that improves somehting. That should not be a choice we need to make. I'm not sure how many other professions even need to do that. Choose between making their weapon work, or some other benefit.
  2. Illusions need to be immortal and on a timer. It's a core mechanic and it's impossible to use 90% of your traits in WvW due to this. Because traits are tied to shattering clones, and needing to have more of them, while in any WvW aoe spam, any clones and even phantasms can't survive 1 second. Also make them not be a target for skills to prevent 10 mesmer raiding parties that all absorb damage into invulnerable clones. If they're targeted by a single target skill, an "invulnerable" message pops up, if they're in an AOE nothing happens. That should also give other players good indication who is a mesmer and who is a clone, while still giving a mesmer the "illusion master" vibe. And don't make the usual anet thing "ooh we give you one thing but we take 3 for it" so don't make invulnerable timer clones last 2 seconds. About 30 seconds before they disappear is enough for most shatter builds.
  3. Make support buids actually support players. Return boon sharing in one way or another, or make the boons we give ourselves also apply in the same capacity to other players.
  4. Wells need a change. It takes too long to actually get an effect out of them, and by the time they're cast+end players are already out of them. They're useless in WvW and probably in PvP too, though i don't play that mode so i can't comment on that. Comparing Chrono wells to every other profession that has them, they're by far the worst. Especially on the Wells heal when they end trait. By the time you need to heal someone it's a snap decision. By the time a well should heal someone they're already dead. Wells should heal on each pulse. Like, i like that summoniong clones heals allies, shattering them heals you and others, but that's not enough healing for a good sustain build, wells need to reflect that too. As for how much, idk, but wells should pulse their effects on each pulse instead of just the last one. So the longer you stand in them, the better the effect (or worse if you're in an enemy mesmer's well).
  5. Reduce casting times. Mesmers have one of the most slowest casting times compared to the effect they produce. Other classes are either instant or have a 1/4 casting time for the same or better effect.
  6. Need i mention the atrocity that is Staff 5? I can burn all cooldowns on staff, change to another set and burn all those, then change to staff and still need to wait for that cooldown! Either make hybrid builds on mesmer possible, or decide if staff is power or condi. Right now it can't be both. And if it's meant for support then what's with the insane cooldowns on weak effects like staff 5 and weak bouncy boons? Have all staff skills give boons if that's a support weapon.
  7. Return Mirage dodge. This should have never happened and has been going on for far too long.
  8. Shield 4 most of the time doesn't spawn a phantasm when you block. Idk why, probably a bug.
  9. Crystal sands does too little damage and has too little use to be a utility skill. It's just there for a mirror, and that's what Sand through Glass already does and better so... More damage on that please, or some other effect like like more confusion stacks or CC

9 Sand through glass deals amazing damage from its cast time, 0,25s for 3.0 coof damage is one if not the best in the entire game. Problem is that the shards themselves dont come into a pint but stop in a circle around its aoe. If you go into pvp zone and try to target a golem you will be unable to land all shards ( I have tried for ~20minutes and the best I could get is 5 out of 6 hits by casting it sideways ) and thus in pvp you will land 1 shard, 2 if you are lucky. Even unmoving CCed target wont get hit due to huge delay and needing pixel perfect cast. As for PvE its damage doesnt matter since mirage is garbage as power dps, and for condi its used simply for another ambush.All they have to do to make this skill viable is make the shards themselves converge all the way into the middle of the aoe, that way its actually possible to land this skill ( I would still have my doubts )8 Shield 4 is bugged. If enemy is dodging when you are about to finish the block the phantasm itself does not appear. On top of it you need to fully channel the block and phantasm seems to appear after delay so its summon is interrupted my other actions.6 staff 5 is fine, its main issue is that the rest of the skills are fucking useless. after all the nerfs weapon can no longer be carried to viability with basic attack, 2 and ambush anymore.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@"Veprovina.4876" said:Here's a few on top of my head:
  1. "Better weapons" traits should be removed and their effects should be baseline. Like
    and others. Then make room for new traits that don't clash with each other within 1 trait column. It's awful needing to have a choice between your weapon working, or having a trait that improves somehting. That should not be a choice we need to make. I'm not sure how many other professions even need to do that. Choose between making their weapon work, or some other benefit.

9 Sand through glass deals amazing damage from its cast time, 0,25s for 3.0 coof damage is one if not the best in the entire game. Problem is that the shards themselves dont come into a pint but stop in a circle around its aoe. If you go into pvp zone and try to target a golem you will be unable to land all shards ( I have tried for ~20minutes and the best I could get is 5 out of 6 hits by casting it sideways ) and thus in pvp you will land 1 shard, 2 if you are lucky. Even unmoving CCed target wont get hit due to huge delay and needing pixel perfect cast. As for PvE its damage doesnt matter since mirage is garbage as power dps, and for condi its used simply for another ambush.All they have to do to make this skill viable is make the shards themselves converge all the way into the middle of the aoe, that way its actually possible to land this skill ( I would still have my doubts )8 Shield 4 is bugged. If enemy is dodging when you are about to finish the block the phantasm itself does not appear. On top of it you need to fully channel the block and phantasm seems to appear after delay so its summon is interrupted my other actions.6 staff 5 is fine, its main issue is that the rest of the skills are kitten useless. after all the nerfs weapon can no longer be carried to viability with basic attack, 2 and ambush anymore.

1. Yeah, the whole skill "hits" weird, good point. Maybe it would be viable without many changes if it would just converge in the middle like you said. That would also make it kind of a "high skill" utility, as you need to position it so that as many shards hit while having a large AOE that can hit multiple targets. Good idea! :smile:
  2. yeah, i figured something was wrong with shield 4, always felt weird using it. I mean, it's a really good block, no doubt about it, but if it says it summons a phantasm, then make it consistent at least right?
  3. The whole staff needs a rework. Staff 5 is ok boon wise, but the cooldown is just too long. That would be mitigated somewhat if what i said in 1. would be implemented, that all the weapon traits should be baseline. Then all they'd need to do to make staff good is to make it consistent. Staff would make a great boon/condi weapon. What 1 already spreads boons and condis. I like the chaos theme of it, that it spreads random boons and condis, but maybe add 1 more bounce or something to make it viable in parties. 2 is fine, i love staff 2 and its synergy with 5. 3 is mostly the problem. Now it summons power phantasms, right? What if it summons 2 phantasmal disenchanters instead? to further drive the boon/condi chaos theme. That would be better i think. 4 is armor, that's good, and 5 could use a slightly shorter cooldown. So i guess mainly 3 is the problem on staff.

@Veprovina.4876my thoughts on staff1 skill is OK, it has its good points, it has its bad points. Staff ambush is bad, long cast time, low damage, high chance of missing.2 Is REALLY good, its still too strong imo3 Is almost 100% useless4 is almost 100% useless and IMO is an insult, imagine if other classes had what boils down to as ( combo finisher ) as entire skill5 is good, its good as interrupt tool, not as a boon/condi machine, you rupt with it AND gain some boons/condisRework 3, rework 4 and the weapon would be good. IMO staff 3 could even just gain extra power dmg per condition on the enemy scaling with condi stats for example

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@Veprovina.4876my thoughts on staff1 skill is OK, it has its good points, it has its bad points. Staff ambush is bad, long cast time, low damage, high chance of missing.2 Is REALLY good, its still too strong imo3 Is almost 100% useless4 is almost 100% useless and IMO is an insult, imagine if other classes had what boils down to as ( combo finisher ) as entire skill5 is good, its good as interrupt tool, not as a boon/condi machine, you rupt with it AND gain some boons/condisRework 3, rework 4 and the weapon would be good. IMO staff 3 could even just gain extra power dmg per condition on the enemy scaling with condi stats for example

Good suggestions. I don't think 2 is too strong, it's just a short teleport that can generate a clone, thieves have loads of those, as well as some Revenant skills that are simmilar. I don't think that needs a change, especially if Staff would be a boon weapon.I like the shield, i know Elementalists have different types of shield so i don't see anyting wrong with that skill. The fact that it's also a combo finisher is a bit iffy, but at least you can get it twice per rotation.

@Zoser.7245 said:Don't forget the torch. Reduce its cooldowns to the same as the Scourge's torch. The Prestige -> 20s cd. Phantasmal Mage -> 25s cd. 30s in both is too much for what they offer untraited. Phantasmal Mage is also easy to avoid.

But I doubt it, I'm not counting on it. It has already been asked/requested many times and they have not done anything. I imagine they go on the same way as with the one dodge man. One less concern playing other professions against mesmers. They ignore, dodge or kite it depending on the position. It almost do no damage if you clean the conditions. Torch is more used today as a defensive weapon than anything else due to the single dodge. At least against good players and coordinated teams.

Anyways it'll solve nothing. We have too many things that should be reworked. Although it'd be a welcome update for the torch.

dont, torch is already one of if not the best offhand