Taking your time — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Fractals/Dungeons/Strike Missions/Raids

Taking your time

Is it possible to find people that takes their time in Fractal and Dungeons?

Sometimes, I just want to know the story and learn the mechanics of a fractal without being rushed. How can I find people that wants to enjoy the story?

Comments

• sokeenoppa.5384sokeenoppa.5384 Member ✭✭✭✭

@JesterX.6730 said:

Sometimes, I just want to know the story and learn the mechanics of a fractal without being rushed. How can I find people that wants to enjoy the story?

Pretty often i see dungeons parties with an lfg title "chill, watching videos" do that yourself.

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

• @sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@JesterX.6730 said:

Pretty often i see dungeons parties with an lfg title "chill, watching videos" do that yourself.

Oh, that's just great! I didn't see such group, but I'll look for them and put it in the title as suggested! Thanks

• @JesterX.6730 said:

@sokeenoppa.5384 said:

@JesterX.6730 said:

Oh, that's just great! I didn't see such group, but I'll look for them and put it in the title as suggested! Thanks

if you want something for your group, like waiting for watching dialogs, cinematic, or anything (like specific behavior and others), just ask in the lfg "X content | Chill, no rush to watch cinematics and dialogs"

You can ask what you want in your lfg.

• Westenev.5289Westenev.5289 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2020

People generally go into dungeons or fractals looking for quick cash - the story isn't quite relevant or gripping enough for many people to care.

Generally if you lfg for a slower group, you'll find these groups are filled by long term players who perform varying speedrun tactics

• Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

When I run dungeons for the story I always put "Lore Run, All welcome" in the LFG
    Fractals I generally go with "All Welcome" as well and generally end up with pretty chill groups that don't rush too much.

• Mouse.7382Mouse.7382 Member ✭✭✭

When I see a dungeon search and it says, "All Paths 1,2,3-" its a speed run. Or a fractal that says, "CM + T4s need " speed run.

I've been in this game since near the beginning and done/have everything. I find myself logging in to do old Core content (especially dungeons as a HB) for groups that are doing "Story" or asking for "help with XX," because I enjoy helping others that are near new to this game--everything to them is exciting and getting stuff like a random yellow/exotic item (which we all would trash) is an upgrade and they get joy from it. I let them choose the path and they kill the mobs--I just heal and buff and chat.

• Fractals are a bit of a problem, ppl tend to rush them on higher tiers... but those are not usually the tiers you use to enjoy the story.

There are plenty more chill dungeon runs for sure, ppl tend to repeat them often cuz they need some runes for raid builds. For me at least, farming the currency is chill time compared to what i usually do. The only decent place where you can kill some mobs and meme around with some random ppl...