S05E05 - Primordius Rising

Haaznahnuff.1907

Hi, I have two questions about the very first action in S05E05, that begins in the lab and ends at the docks. It's not a complaint; I know I'm not used to dungeons, fractals, and high-level content. Just curious. I haven't play LW since pre-HoT.

1. Is it designed to be played solo? I'm a L80 warden in green and yellow, and first attack at the lab made me rez like 6 times lol. At the docks, I rez only once during the second attack there, thanks to a bold tactic consisting into pulling in one or two veteran demons at a time, then fleeing back to the top of the pyramid until the asuras take the aggro on the last plateform. Perhaps I was surprised by the rather high level of damage they deal.
  2. Is the aggro system tweaked in the dock instance? Let's put aside the first attack at the lab, because there isn't much room to move. I'm not considering myself as a DPS, so I didn't expect to focus so much attention on myself. As the other guys (Braham, Ryland, Tammi) stick to me and don't charge the enemy, I have to open fire, then Braham go melee. He should take the aggro, but the 6 veteran demons target me, and even when I retreat, they forget Braham, Ryland, etc and fly up the stairs: 6 multiple rolling AoE on each attack turned me into a crispy thing (perhaps I was fleeing two quickly, allowing them to adapt their aim and spread their AoE all the way upstair). So either Braham is just there for the story, or I deal much more DPS I thought I was able to, despite my makeshift gear (mismatch stats, only one upgrade per piece, ...) :) .

Funny fact, once the 6 veteran demons gone, the rest was easy. Braham, Ryland, and a bold asura worker (the one in white clothes, you know) successfully blocked the final boss, and I could help from behind. I checked the asura's life bar : never under 50%, whereas the place was filled with peacemakers' corpses, I had to rez Tammi-golem earlier, and I couldn't myself withstand the full might of the monster. Brave worker.

Afterwards, I went to two DRM solo, Gendarran and Brisban to test my skills, and although public instances, it was off-peak hour, so I was alone (plus no NPC allies in Gendarran). I could beat any veteran in less than a minute; two veterans were a challenge, and the whole roaming group in Gendarran Fields (veteran demon, demon, veteran soldier, soldier, bursters, flamer?) were too much for me. Not to speak about the champion in Skrittsburgh. I rez twice and took like one hour? to grind it, thanks to having NPCs with me, Ryland and Caithe being immortal.

I figure I'll delay a bit before going on the LW story.

Yes the early story bits are solo aimed. LS content has been increasing slowly in difficulty to try and align itself with the average player which has grown in skill level over the years. If you haven't played LS since before HoT, you are just unused to it.

There is a massive difference between core maps and HoT/PoF and Ls3/Ls4 onwards mobs and aggro ranges

The DRMs themselves are aimed at 5 players, but can be done with less skill depending

• 3 weeks later...

It's less about the aggro range and more about all the focus being monopolized by the most "optimal" target in the related case. But again, I'm not accustomed to how aggro works, as I play mostly solo, I always draw focus, as expected, except when I have minions. Here, Braham and other meleers were not as useful as minions, until the Asuras on the last platform were caught in the fight..

@"LucianDK.8615" said:There is nothing wrong with the agro range in pof. People are just overreacting.

What's "wrong" is that new mobs in POF and onwards have 1000 units range, while the rest of Tyria is at 500, with the exception of starter areas which are at 450 units. To further complicate things old school mobs appearing in new zones have a range of 500. I wouldn't say it's wrong, but honestly it's inconsistent and for no reason, at least all mobs in a zone should have the same range. and maybe mobs with certain unique aspects (like stationary laser turrets and flesh wurms) go beyond the normal range. But seeing an Awakened Inquest at 500 range (because they use regular inquest code from core tyria) next to an Awakened Archer (POF mob) at 1000 range is really confusing.