Help Pro's

Ok i'm the type of player that likes to stay back and away from combat and have quite a bit of damage behind my attacks aka a Range DPS Charicter's

What i need is a charicter type to choose and how to build it. What skills to use and in what order.like what weapons stats to go for and also what armour stats should i get for each armour piece

*note i don't want to use consumables just yet

Without handing you something on a silver platter (half the fun is figuring out what does/doesn't work for you) i'll give you a few pieces of advice.

Your best "ranged" classes these days are, imo and in no particular order;Ranger (Druid elite) with longbow and full berserker's statsThief (Deadeye elite) with dual pistols or rifle and full berserkers stats.Mesmer (Chronomancer elite) with Greatsword a mix of berserkers and assassin's stats.Elementalist (Tempest elite) with staff and full berserker's statsNecromancer (scourge elite) with sceptor/torch and full viper's (or sinister on a budget) statsRevenant (Herald elite) with hammer and full berserker's statsGuardian (firebrand elite) with sceptor/torch and axe/torch with full viper's statsEngineer (Scrapper elite or core engineer) with rifle and full berserkers stats or pistol/pistol and full viper's stats.

As far as rotations are concerned, you will have to either do your research based on the class you decide on or work on what works for you based on learning how to play the profession.

All that being said, all of these "ranged" options will benefit more in group events by staying close to if not in melee range due to boon support from other players. This doesn't matter when roaming around the open world, but it is something to keep in mind. This game is very tuned to being up close and personal, as you will eventually find out. Believe me, everyone who wants a dedicated ranged character begins with longbow ranger and a tanky pet such as the bear. But they'll soon get left behind as they watch others run past slicing and dicing their way through mobs, while they're trying to back peddle to stay at range while plinking away at their foe. (This is an extreme and poor example, but lots of people have had this experience and it is quite disheartening).

So by all means, play what is fun for you, as that is what it is all about, but if you want to experience everything Guild Wars 2 has to offer, you might consider further researching and try to adapt to a more "in your face" play style.

Cheers,Kodiak

Archived