[Visual Bug] Weird Particle Effect Shadows on Mount skins

I have noticed a visual bug on certain mount skins recently;1

As you can see, there is a strange white glow that overlays the texture, and thus renders those parts from certain angles colourless. The issue seems to be present with other mounts that use the lightning or fire particle effects as well - in particular, the fire pinion;

The bug is also not connected to dyes, you can recreate it with any dye combo on the shown mounts;

It is also not to do with lighting in the mount preview window, the issue is persistent in open world as well when viewing the mount from a certain angle;

The two mount skins I noticed to be affected are the Storm Ridge raptor and the Fire Pinion griffon.

I'd love it if this problem was fixed, thank you!

• 1 month later...

did anyone ever find a fix for this? It's very jarring to look at certain mounts, especially via mount preview. I have noticed that the weird "white shadows exactly visualised by the pictures above disappear in-world when you set your shaders to medium or lower, but it persist in a menu preview since those seem to be an exception to the setting.

• 3 weeks later...

@"Elad The Peculiar.9106" said:did anyone ever find a fix for this? It's very jarring to look at certain mounts, especially via mount preview. I have noticed that the weird "white shadows exactly visualised by the pictures above disappear in-world when you set your shaders to medium or lower, but it persist in a menu preview since those seem to be an exception to the setting.

It's something that anet should fix because the visual bug is in their game. The issue is also present on a few human hairstyles added via PoF, so there is something wrong with the global shaders, and that's on their end.

Again, please fix this. It's very annoying.