Seems reasonable

idk the exact names, but sand shade regularly does only this 150-300 dmg (and full zerker scrouge often crits), and if u pop F5 then the dmg gets to sth around 2200-2700ish for a short while, so with maximum dmg sets this is not really impossible. @"SkyshaAdbinderMoonshard.7026" the hackers chars are normally rather the smallscale ones. (bc the generally better mobility and stealth options, so out-of-sight + hackON is easier)

.1 Power mod, let's just throw out a damage modifier stack of 5.0, not sure necros can get it quite that high, but for experiment purposes.

4000 PowerPower mod weapon strength power / armor = damage dealt..1 1100 4000 / 1900 = 231.5231.5 * 5 = 1,157.89

Something about that is definitely fishy. Just played around with golems in armstice bastion and can't find any easily identifiable bugs. Harbringers shroud is called harbringers shroud in combat log. Desert shroud ticks each hit so won't register more than about 2k, wasn't able to get manifest over 800 damage in the combat log, and mashing all 4 shade skills at the same time with a macro still makes them register in combat log separately (at least as an attacker, maybe as a defender it would register them all combined?) Every other shroud related trait didn't seem to adjust the damage of manifest and came with its own combat log entry if it dealt damage.

Looking at the other damage you took I have to assume there was some crazy damage modifier increase placed on you, as symbol of punishment and well of suffering shouldn't hit that higher either in a single tick.

screw your calcs, really man. that was likely in the middle of a fight and he even probably had several stacks of vulnerability (as well as no boons) onto him since fighting a necro. Desolation is the whole time low on numbers compared to our foes, therefore chances are high that a firebrand is somewhere nearby who used Empower....

plus, all our latest fights been pretty easy... high chances that it's just his miscalculation.

all this stuff hit our friend btw in one minute, means he's bathing in a bomb and likely had no boons left on him/or had them corrupted. i crited several people for about 2,5k from this, without even running zerker, my armor has a bit bulk even. (also, my rank isn't within those calcs)

if that time stamps are gmt+1, i roughly know where u might be from even.

@kamikharzeeh.8016 said:screw your calcs, really man. that was likely in the middle of a fight and he even probably had several stacks of vulnerability (as well as no boons) onto him since fighting a necro. Desolation is the whole time low on numbers compared to our foes, therefore chances are high that a firebrand is somewhere nearby who used Empower....

plus, all our latest fights been pretty easy... high chances that it's just his miscalculation.

all this stuff hit our friend btw in one minute, means he's bathing in a bomb and likely had no boons left on him/or had them corrupted. i crited several people for about 2,5k from this, without even running zerker, my armor has a bit bulk even. (also, my rank isn't within those calcs)

if that time stamps are gmt+1, i roughly know where u might be from even.

I mean, there's no way for Manifest sand shade to hit for 3k+ damage barring a bug, or a really old screen shot. That was the point of the math. 4000 power is basically maximum power barring some really obscure buffs. Vuln was applied in the damage modifier. IE. 250% crit and 25 stacks of vuln results in 2.5*1.25 damage or a 3.125 damage mod. 5.0 was a generous estimation of all his damage modifiers multiplied together. All of that combined and it's still only hitting for 1.2k which isn't even close. There's simply no way for it to actually hit that hard barring some really weird bug (or I guess a hack, but the fact others hit unusually hard makes me wonder)

Edit: Actually if they had a banner and got CC locked and gained the defiance break buff, that increases damage taken by 50%. That would start putting the numbers listed there as close to possible.

25 Vuln + 25 Might can achieve this with relative ease.

People keep thinking "hur hur Coefficient nerfs mean Power does no damage anymore"

Wrong.Coefficient nerfs mean Power no longer hits as hard as before, if we take builds at face value without applying external factors like Boons.

25 Might is 750 Power and Condi25 Stack Runes is 250 Power25 Vuln is a whopping 25% damage modifier

These all enable bursts, even if the coefficients were nerfed.

Also, the target could also have been affected by Weakness, which makes the target's crits not only lose the crit damage, but also lower their base damage by 50%.

This is an enormous reduction if yu know how much Power relies on Critical hits to deal big damage.

@"Yasai.3549" said:25 Vuln + 25 Might can achieve this with relative ease.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSwAYd3lNwugZij0V5DB-zRIYRU/XINFB1WUVkq2eAC4vF9PjA-eAll keep buffs, max might, max sigil stacks, banner, assassins presence, superior bloodlust, and we'll EVEN throw in the fact they swapped on kill food for another +200 power. 4871 Power, 263.67% crit chance, target has maximum vulnerability stacks, and we'll even throw in the banner exposed debuff.

Damage modifiers: 2.63 1.1 1.1 1.2 1.05 1.1 1.05 1.25 1.5 = 8.684Damage: 4871 1166 .1 = 567,958.6

Damage * damage mod = 4,932,152.48

So against an exotic armored light class: 4,932,152.48/1920 = 2,568.8 damage dealt.

we are STILL over 500 damage short of what this player took from manifest sand shade and in the realm of totally unrealistic conditions.

there's just so many numbers around that it just is very likely some of those got forgotten. of all things, i never noticed any of our scrouges doing better damage than usual.

in the end the likelyness that there is rather more than one thing involved that the calcs miss out completely is just way higher that a random player "noticed" unnormal damage during a fight and found "weird numbers".

it's a bit odd that a only rank100 char would be doing that surely (likely some alt acc of someone). but if u can by now hack damage modifiers in, then this would been done yet by a ton of people, means by a huge load of people constantly.

i mean i don't even see evidence that this pic wasn't just made before the damage nerfs, which would explain the high numbers pretty fast.