Cannot place Legendary Runes — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Cannot place Legendary Runes

Made my last Legendary Rune tonight and cannot place it in my armor. I pulled off another piece of armor and the Legendary Rune popped out. Now I can't get either of them to slot in the armor. Regular runes work fine.

Comments

• same when i would change the runes my game would crash so i removed them to try and add them back but now i cant add them back on

• same, started after patch Tuesday. Took awhile but managed to change them one at a time but afraid to try again. Thje populate all option is what seems to crash now.

Adversity is the medium thru which strength and greatness are forged.

• RazorClaw.9475RazorClaw.9475 Member
    edited January 8, 2021

I had the same problem, with my legendary rune and legendary armor, but at least i figured out how to by pass it.
    RMB on the legendary armor and select "Change", now click on "Unused Upgrade Slot" and select your legendary Rune.
    Just in case someone has not figured it out.
    cheers

• Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭

Lol they fixed a bug and another one suddenly appear, great testing...

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

• I think that bug arrived with the wintersday update too.
    At least i think it's a bug. Normally they should behave like normal runes on normal armor shouldn't they?
    What i mean is select the armor and then select the rune to place it.

• @RazorClaw.9475 said:
    I had the same problem, with my legendary rune and legendary armor, but at least i figured out how to by pass it.
    RMB on the legendary armor and select "Change", now click on "Unused Upgrade Slot" and select your legendary Rune.
    Just in case someone has not figured it out.
    cheers

Thanks! that worked great. FYI You have to select the flavor of the rune before the Accept button lights up.

• ty RazorClaw.9475, was fighting with the legendary runes right now XD was already "it must work with the money and time i spent on it"

• Moradorin.6217Moradorin.6217 Member ✭✭✭

If I had to guess I would say this issue is related to the same thing that causes all my legendary weapons I swap in and out of various equipment tabs to often pickup stats of the other tab EACH time I swap in (like default to trailblazer not power or other that matches the same tab) and also makes all the sigils and infusions fall out (have to customize weapon each time its swapped into equipment tab)

Personally, I would lose the ability in options to check a box and use the old system in which I have a wvw build, pve build, pvp build I control my weapon stats, sigils, etc so that I dont feel like legendaries are such a pain in the kitten.