Can We Get A WvW Test Map?

Sviel.7493

It's an age old story; I log into WvW to test something specific like "what is the best way to defend against proxy catas on SW Airkeep wall using siege?" and end up running back and forth actually contributing to the war effort instead. How can I justify taking supply from a keep that's under threat to build a bunch of trebuchets that may not even be useful? Not to mention the time and resources I spend constructing the things and the confusion my allies suffer when they see pointless siege engines littering the courtyard.

This isn't something that can be tested in a neutral location as my remaining questions are almost entirely about specific map geometry. Given how critical it is to know these things, it would be extremely helpful to be able to test them without trolling my own team.

@Threather.9354 said:Its pointless to presiege stuff, there aren't enough enemy groups. State of WvW is such. Home bl gets attacked by something you would need siege against maybe once a day.

I'm sure it varies by server, but for most of the time I'm online it is worth pre-sieging the more popular assault points. This is especially true if the only counter is a treb since it takes too long to build those in the middle of an attack.