Skin Question — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Skin Question

Hello,

I've been playing Dark Souls 3 recently, and was quite happy with the choice of weapons, for their skill sets as well as their appearance. In GW2, I mainly play warrior. While I understand it's quite hard to create new weapons and associated skills (and not the goal of the game anyway), I was wondering whether it's be possible to get more GS skins - typically, I'd love a halberd-skinned GS, I can definitely see myself GS#2, GS#3, GS#4 and GS#5 with it :)

Cheers.

Comments

• The only problem with using the GS as a basis for the halbert skin would be the hand positions on the weapon itself so the animation wouldn't look right at all. That kind of skin would be better for a staff, but then you run into another problem none of the ingame skills work with a halbert with the exception of the revenenat or daredevil skillsets. However, again a halbert does not fit a thief/daredevil at all as it's too clunky of a weapon for a thief considering their theme.

Personally, I would love to see the Spear as a land weapon instead of water weapon. In GW1 Paragons used Spears as their main weapon so Its not too far fetched to include them since lore-wise Guardians are the result of monks and paragons eventually coming together to create the guardian class.

• Oglaf.1074Oglaf.1074 Member ✭✭✭✭

Hammer animations would fit for a halberd/greataxe weapon quite fine though.

As a matter of fact, there is a costume brawl two-handed axe toy that does just that.

Please Anet give us a hide Chest Armour-option. Tattoo-clad Norns everywhere beg of you.

• Oh yeah, I didn't even consider the hammer animations. Yea it definitely could work with that and the hammer skillsets as far I know could work thematically as well.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.