48 000 Burn Damage In 3 Seconds

Heisen.2315

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So... It's screenshot reading time:Burn: 48690 damage; 32 hitsTranslated, it mean that you took 32 hits of burn which mean that the 48k were applied over 32 seconds for an average burn damage of 1521.5 damage per seconds.

It also mean that technically, over those 3 seconds you claim were enough to down you, you took an average of 4563.5 damage which may be close to half your total health pool if you are an thief, guardian or elementalist without any ressource investment into vitality. (Obviously those number are as unrealistic as your own because they do not take into account possible burn burst, like your's does not take into account the simple fact that you took those 48k over 32 hits but it does have the merit to put things into perspective).

Cheer up, over the same time frame, you could have taken the same amount of power damage from any AA in game.

It looks like a good 40-60% of PvP playerbase plays guards nowadays (core and DHs). It's not like they've suddenly become more enjoyable to play through some kind of mechanics rework, which didn't happen btw, but clearly this is the case of them being incredible easy for the power that they have.

Now, before some neanderthal here says it's l2p issue and that the higher you get the less of them you see, which is true, I must remind you that no game, either competetive or PvE, should be balanced around top 100 players and the way they play, because sooner or later we will end up with the entire PvP population shrinking to that number if this continues to be. This has to change, people are tired of seeing guards every match and those that aren't are most likely playing one themselves.

Personally, as a warrior main, I do really good against them, but they are the only class that requires me this level of baiting and dancing around their traps that it is really annoying to fight against. I prefer to fight any other class, even those that I'm at severe disadvantage against, than burnguards and spirit burn DHs, because of the amount of precaution it takes to fight them. I wish it was just as easy as using "shake it off" in the right moment like some here say.

I play guard, not burn guard, but at the same time power isn't viable, traps are useless, bow is useless, the only damage i have is auto attacks.greatsword is a pve weapon you can kite, the only trap with damage is used for pve raids, the burns are stupid strong if you stand in it, and i usually do because why not.cancer builds aren't the problem, cancer balance is, pve/raid builds wouldn't be viable if pvp builds were viableI've swapped to engi for now because you can spam 4-5 turrets with reflects, 2 reflects on shield, party healing, 4-5 cc's, even has more health than guard.

@Dadnir.5038 said:So... It's screenshot reading time:Burn: 48690 damage; 32 hitsTranslated, it mean that you took 32 hits of burn which mean that the 48k were applied over 32 seconds for an average burn damage of 1521.5 damage per seconds.

... what? Ok apparently not everyone knows how condis work in death recap. When it says 32 hits, that doesnt mean 32 ticks of damage. Thats means he took damage from 32 stacks of burn in total. If you were to get 100 stacks of burning applied to you, downing you in one tick, and finishing you off in another tick, that wouldnt show as 2 hits. It would show as 200 hits. So no, its actually 15600 damage per second-ish.

It also mean that technically, over those 3 seconds you claim were enough to down you, you took an average of 4563.5 damage which may be close to half your total health pool if you are an thief, guardian or elementalist without any ressource investment into vitality. (Obviously those number are as unrealistic as your own because they do not take into account possible burn burst, like your's does not take into account the simple fact that you took those 48k over 32 hits but it does have the merit to put things into perspective).

Same mistake as above. He took an average of 45635 instead. Thats more than the entire lifetotal of a full tank warrior. Significantly more, actually.

Cheer up, over the same time frame, you could have taken the same amount of power damage from any AA in game.

Same mistake once more. In reality, no power build can maintain 15k dps over 3 seconds. Im not sure any can even reach 30k burst in 2 seconds.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Dadnir.5038 said:So... It's screenshot reading time:Burn: 48690 damage; 32 hitsTranslated, it mean that you took 32 hits of burn which mean that the 48k were applied over 32 seconds for an average burn damage of 1521.5 damage per seconds.

... what? Ok apparently not everyone knows how condis work in death recap. When it says 32 hits, that doesnt mean 32
ticks of damage
. Thats means he took damage from 32 stacks of burn in total. If you were to get 100 stacks of burning applied to you, downing you in one tick, and finishing you off in another tick, that wouldnt show as 2 hits. It would show as
hits. So no, its actually 15600 damage per second-ish.

Same mistake as above. He took an average of 45635 instead. Thats more than the entire lifetotal of a full tank warrior. Significantly more, actually.

Same mistake once more. In reality, no power build can maintain 15k dps over 3 seconds. Im not sure any can even reach 30k burst in 2 seconds.

For that to make sense, each stack of burn would do 1520 damage per tick (48690/32 = 1520).

There is no build possible in PvP that can make a single burn stack tick for that much. Not even 1/3rd of that amount.

Anyone looking at the Death Breakdown for serious analysis is never going to learn anything useful. It's buggy asf.

If we assume he really did take that much damage over 3 seconds, that must mean he had 30+ burn stacks on him. To reach that, a DH has to hit you 90, yes, NINETY, times. How are you managing to get hit 90 times in such a short window? And if a power build hit you 90 times, would you expect to still be alive?

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@"Dadnir.5038" said:So... It's screenshot reading time:Burn: 48690 damage; 32 hitsTranslated, it mean that you took 32 hits of burn which mean that the 48k were applied over 32 seconds for an average burn damage of 1521.5 damage per seconds.

... what? Ok apparently not everyone knows how condis work in death recap. When it says 32 hits, that doesnt mean 32
ticks of damage
. Thats means he took damage from 32 stacks of burn in total. If you were to get 100 stacks of burning applied to you, downing you in one tick, and finishing you off in another tick, that wouldnt show as 2 hits. It would show as

I think you might have to consider that you're wrong here. Why would the report even work like that? It doesn't make sense at all.The report never give you the number of stacks you had on you. It's called "hits" for a good reason. It doesn't either give you the duration of the fight. No report will give you the "potential damage" of a maximum number of condition stack. It would be like having the report give you the potential damage of power skills as if your opponent was in a light armor without any damage reduction: nonsense.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

ticks of damage

I think you might have to consider that you're wrong here. Why would the report even work like that? It doesn't make sense at all.The report never give you the number of stacks you had on you. It's called "hits" for a good reason. It doesn't either give you the duration of the fight. No report will give you the "potential damage" of a maximum number of condition stack. It would be like having the report give you the potential damage of power skills as if your opponent was in a light armor without any damage reduction: nonsense.

I dont have to consider it, because I know thats how it works. Why would the report work like that? Because it makes more sense. Each stack does its own damage, its just combined for simplicity. Each stack does a hit per second. So thats just how its shown. But if you want to know how I know, have you ever been killed by a power Holo, and noticed that in the death log, you had 5, 6, all the way up to 8 hits of burning? If it worked the way you think it works, that wouldnt make any sense. Holo doesnt put burning for 8 seconds on you. It barely uses burning at all, since its a power build. Except, there is one ability that has incidental burning. Photon Blitz. Every single of the 8 hits of Photon Blitz applies burning. And very usefully for our purposes, they each last 1 second. If it worked the way you assumed it worked, then a full photon blitz burning would show up as 1, maybe 2 hits. But it shows up as up to 8.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

ticks of damage

For that to make sense, each stack of burn would do 1520 damage per tick (48690/32 = 1520).

There is no build possible in PvP that can make a single burn stack tick for that much. Not even 1/3rd of that amount.

Anyone looking at the Death Breakdown for serious analysis is never going to learn anything useful. It's buggy asf.

True, the damage seems a bit off, though not by as much as you seem to imply. Burn guard can get up to 500+ damage per burn tick.

If we assume he really did take that much damage over 3 seconds, that must mean he had 30+ burn stacks on him. To reach that, a DH has to hit you 90, yes, NINETY, times. How are you managing to get hit 90 times in such a short window? And if a power build hit you 90 times, would you expect to still be alive?

Uh, no? Did you forget that Guardians virtue passive isnt the only source of burning? I mean, hell, even ignoring the spirit weapon, or any of the other burn skills, its also a lot of multihitting abilities that hit for very little individually.

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@"UNOwen.7132" you are doing this thing where you assume you are right again

Yes, how dare I assume that the thing I tested and confirmed is true ... is true. What, are you also telling this to the scientists who confirmed that theropods have feathers? Its called the scientific method mate. But then again, seems youre still hung up about being duped and tripling down even after being shown that you were duped.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@UNOwen.7132 you are doing this thing where you assume you are right again

Yes, how dare I assume that the thing I tested and confirmed is true ... is true. What, are you also telling this to the scientists who confirmed that theropods have feathers? Its called the scientific method mate. But then again, seems youre still hung up about being duped and tripling down even after being shown that you were duped.

https://imgur.com/gallery/8XRgX6sthis is 2 stacks of burning and 4 stacks of bleedingawaiting apology

@Leonidrex.5649 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:@UNOwen.7132 you are doing this thing where you assume you are right again

this is 2 stacks of burning and 4 stacks of bleedingawaiting apology

Wait, you show a screenshot confirming what I said, and you assume it ... denies what I said? Count the burning ticks. Thats 8 ticks. Now according to you, that means 8 hits. Instead it shows 24 hits. Is it possible you miscounted the burning stacks, which were 3, and got hit for 3 burning 8 times. Like, idk, 3*8=24? Funny how things do be lining up. Likewise, bleeding shows 20 hits over 4 ticks. Once again, if we assume you miscounted and it was 5 bleeding stacks, that would give us 4*5=20. Once again, it oddly lines up perfectly.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

ticks of damage

Oh and in case you want something like this in video form,

. Notice how the death recap says 52 hits of poison, but the entire fight doesnt even last 52 seconds, let alone the poison. But he does get 9 stacks of poison ticking for a few seconds from just the poison grenade. And a few stray poison ticks here and there. That would suddenly make 52 hits a lot more explainable.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

this is 2 stacks of burning and 4 stacks of bleedingawaiting apology

Wait, you show a screenshot confirming what I said, and you assume it ... denies what I said? Count the burning ticks. Thats 8 ticks. Now according to you, that means 8 hits. Instead it shows 24 hits. Is it possible you miscounted the burning stacks, which were 3, and got hit for 3 burning 8 times. Like, idk, 3*8=
? Funny how things do be lining up. Likewise, bleeding shows 20 hits over 4 ticks. Once again, if we assume you miscounted and it was 5 bleeding stacks, that would give us 4*5=
. Once again, it oddly lines up perfectly.

my bad, I read through your first post where you explained it poorly.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rocket_Kick -> its 2 burningwhat I want you to realize is that death recap is shit that doesnt show the full story, and combat log is what actually matters