Core support guard and its boon application is seriously overtuned in conquest

Dantheman.3589

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@snoow.1694 said:What shout can give 45 boons? Also what in the world are you talking about? Who plays Shout Core Guardian? If anything they play meditations - this has to be a troll post

“Save your self” traited can give 45 boons granted 4 other allies are also close. There’s ppl not even trying on core support guard in plat3-legend on Eu, many top teir mat teams are trying to find a comp for it and I’ve seen some annoying ones at that. You could try to run a mediation variant if you want, not sure what the point would be though as that’s more for personal sustain imo.

@Aktium.9506 said:

@"Dantheman.3589" said:“Save your self” traited can give 45 boons granted 4 other allies are also close.Have you considered reading what the shout actually does? ?

It doesn't trigger Pure of Voice's condi conversion when you transfer condis from allies and the boon application is only on the caster.

Doesn't it? Couldn't test it myself, but the wiki says it first converts one condition, then draws in all the remaining conditions.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Save_Yourselves!%22

@snoow.1694 said:What shout can give 45 boons? Also what in the world are you talking about? Who plays Shout Core Guardian? If anything they play meditations - this has to be a troll post

I feel like most of his posts are troll posts today...

@Dantheman.3589 said:

“Save your self” traited can give 45 boons granted 4 other allies are also close.

No it can't. This is a really basic mis-understanding of how the game works.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

“Save your self” traited can give 45 boons granted 4 other allies are also close.

On these forums? Never seen that happen before :p

@Starbreaker.6507 said:

On these forums? Never seen that happen before :p

And the annoying thing is that people will just read it and think it's true.

This is why the world is so messed up. People spreading mis-information, either maliciously or because they're not smart enough to sense-check, and other people just accepting it.

@"Megametzler.5729" said:Doesn't it? Couldn't test it myself, but the wiki says it first converts one condition, then draws in all the remaining conditions.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Save_Yourselves!%22?This say the opposite unless I'm completely dafthttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pure_of_Voice

"Save Yourselves!" will transfer conditions before Pure of Voice triggers and converts any conditions.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

Ok maybe I’m wrong about that. Was late and my internet was barely functioning.

@Crozame.4098 said:People start to use this, its not that popular yet, but I think I will be soon. And yes, given that only a few players have used this build before, the balance team might not checked it before.

Yes it’s actually very good in 2s and even better in 5s- I even did an at with 3 necros + 1 holo and everyone was basically immortal

@Aktium.9506 said:

@"Megametzler.5729" said:Doesn't it? Couldn't test it myself, but the wiki says it first converts one condition, then draws in all the remaining conditions.
?This say the opposite unless I'm completely daft

"Save Yourselves!" will transfer conditions before Pure of Voice triggers and converts any conditions.

It looks like the wiki for save yourself says it converts before, though the English seems weird, while the on for pure of voice says otherwise. It be interesting to test in addition to soldier runes effects

Note- I tested the healing applied from empower. It seems it not only heals only per pulse but for each stack of might that’s x12 x80 healing per person x5 which is almost 5k healing in addition to the very high healing. This is absolutely insane personal sustain being put ontop of high team sustain and constant boon application

@Dantheman.3589 said:Note- I tested the healing applied from empower. It seems it not only heals only per pulse but for each stack of might that’s x12 x80 healing per person x5 which is almost 5k healing in addition to the very high healing. This is absolutely insane personal sustain being put ontop of high team sustain and constant boon application

Raw healing is never as potent sustain as actual defence mechanics like block/evade/invuln. 5k healing sounds impressive, but 1 hit from any DPS class will completely negate it. In the time a staff-guardian stands still to channel that 5k heal (which, remember, assumes all 4 team-mates are in close proximity, which is not likely in PvP, and 2nd reminder has a 2.5s cast time), any competent opponent will do twice that much in damage. It's why Ventari or Druid aren't good supports, because raw healing really isn't everything.

@Dantheman.3589 said:

@"Megametzler.5729" said:Doesn't it? Couldn't test it myself, but the wiki says it first converts one condition, then draws in all the remaining conditions.

It looks like the wiki for save yourself says it converts before, though the English seems weird, while the on for pure of voice says otherwise. It be interesting to test in addition to soldier runes effects

Look, if you're not sure how any of the mechanics on a class/build work, I'm not sure on what basis you're so confidently coming here to declare that it's over-tuned.

Pure of Voice does not work with Soldier Runes. With PoV+Soldiers, a shout will convert 1 condi to boon, and cleanse but not convert a 2nd condi.

Cleansing 2 condis on a 30s utility is not mind-blowing sustain. Shake It Off already removes 4 as baseline.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

Look, if you're not sure how any of the mechanics on a class/build work, I'm not sure on what basis you're so confidently coming here to declare that it's over-tuned.

Pure of Voice does not work with Soldier Runes. With PoV+Soldiers, a shout will convert 1 condi to boon, and cleanse but not convert a 2nd condi.

Cleansing 2 condis on a 30s utility is not mind-blowing sustain. Shake It Off already removes 4 as baseline.

That’s wrong on the wiki it says it’ll still cleanse a condition and it game each shout removes 2 conditions and one of those is converted into boonsEdit or maybe I misread. I don’t think I claimed ever that it puts 2 condis to boons it’s 1 cleared and 1 converted. Also 1 condition converted is much stronger than 1 cleared and it brings this to all shouts as well as 1 cleared as well as much superior boons so I don’t see the problem

@Ragnar.4257 said:

@Dantheman.3589 said:Note- I tested the healing applied from empower. It seems it not only heals only per pulse but for each stack of might that’s x12 x80 healing per person x5 which is almost 5k healing in addition to the very high healing. This is absolutely insane personal sustain being put ontop of high team sustain and constant boon application

Raw healing is never as potent sustain as actual defence mechanics like block/evade/invuln. 5k healing sounds impressive, but 1 hit from any DPS class will completely negate it. In the time a staff-guardian stands still to channel that 5k heal (which, remember, assumes all 4 team-mates are in close proximity, which is not likely in PvP, and 2nd reminder has a 2.5s cast time), any competent opponent will do twice that much in damage. It's why Ventari or Druid aren't good supports, because raw healing really isn't everything.

What matters though is the comp. I already know for a fact in ranked its counterable- heck I’ve farmed them with sword/d thief, but say a double power rev + s/d thief could probably be ezily beaten by a real meta comp. if it wasn’t for that fact I don’t anyone would run support at all but ofc they still doEdit: also it’s 5k healing on top of 5k more and some really strong block prot and even healing on dodge roll which u claim is all important- so it brings it all

@Dantheman.3589 said:

What matters though is the comp. I already know for a fact in ranked its counterable- heck I’ve farmed them with sword/d thief, but say a double power rev + s/d thief could probably be ezily beaten by a real meta comp. if it wasn’t for that fact I don’t anyone would run support at all but ofc they still doEdit: also it’s 5k healing on top of 5k more and some really strong block prot and even healing on dodge roll which u claim is all important- so it brings it all

Ah yes, having the same 2 dodges that everyone else has, that must be super-OP (sorry Mirage).

And lets make a list now of all the channelled blocks on the core-support build (i.e. blocks that block more than 1 hit, like warrior Shield Stance or Rev Staff).

Here is the list:

List complete.

@Ragnar.4257 said:

Ah yes, having the same 2 dodges that everyone else has, that must be super-OP (sorry Mirage).

And lets make a list now of all the channelled blocks on the core-support build (i.e. blocks that block more than 1 hit, like warrior Shield Stance or Rev Staff).

Here is the list:

List complete.

It has a butt load of aegis and an in vuln frame I seriously don’t see the problem. U don’t need a channeled block to be viable as a support

@Dantheman.3589 said:

Here is the list:

List complete.

It has a butt load of aegis and an in vuln frame I seriously don’t see the problem. U don’t need a channeled block to be viable as a support

Viable =/= "seriously over-tuned".

Core-guard is certainly viable as a support, but to call it "seriously over-tuned" is a "serious over-statement".