[WvW] Shadeless - build

Shroud.2307

Shadeless

As the name implies, summoning Shades with this build doesn't do much for you (but not nothing either, I mean you can still summon for a ranged Fear or something) because it isn't using any Barrier enhancing or Corruption traits.

This build is all about extreme aggression and oppressive damage, similar to Reaper. With various ways to CC, and a metric ton of Torment, this build will absolutely shred anything it touches, even those highly resistant to Conditions.

Pros

• Tremendous AOE damage
  • Lots of passive sustain via Parasitic Contagion, food, and runes
  • Extremely high durability from Carapace and Protection, further enhanced by health regen
  • A good amount of cleanse
  • Can duel/outnumbered fight quite well

Cons

• Very weak to prolonged fights. Terrible Life Force generation makes it vulnerable to being worn down.
  • Only a few Corrupts mean they need to be used wisely.
  • Very low Barrier application
  • 0 investment in Shades

I actually made this build a long time ago now but have only recently been using it a lot. By no means do I think this build is amazing, but it has a strong niche and is very fun to use. I enjoy seeing 3, 4, or 5k Torment ticks on top of 2k Terrors, lol.

Until a warrior passes by and stunlocks you

or a thief hitting and running

or a longbow soulbeast

or a bunker ele facetanking and outdamaging

or a scapper running while nadespamming

When I played scourge the first time in the beta in 2017, the first thing I did was trying to find a viable roaming build that works without the dumb and clunky shades. Haven't found one until today.

@KrHome.1920 said:Until a warrior passes by and stunlocks you

or a thief hitting and running

or a longbow soulbeast

or a bunker ele facetanking and outdamaging

or a scapper running while nadespamming

When I played scourge the first time in the beta in 2017, the first thing I did was trying to find a viable roaming build that works without the dumb and clunky shades. Haven't found one until today.

Thief and Rev are the only things I struggle against with this build. Everything else is an easy win if I play right.

Like I'd said though, prolonged fights are the counter because it has bad Life Force gain. Anything sustainy can be troublesome, but not unwinnable.

This is why when I make these build threads I'll usually add a disclaimer that I'm not saying it's an S tier build that's going to compete with or steamroll the meta. I just like to share builds I've had a lot of success with that are strong in their niche, or at least versatile. Otherwise people come in saying stuff like LOL your build is bad and here are all the bad things about it with no actual attempt for constructive conversation.I don't disagree that there are numerous fights that will be difficult, but it's still quite good.

@Anchoku.8142 said:A condi-burst build has value; especially if you have allies to roam or zerg with. I am glad you found a Scourge build you like.

Since I don't like Scourge much in general, yes I quite enjoy this build.It's kind of meme-y, but it's strong as well. As long as I'm staying aggressive I'll have lots of health regen and armor. Often times it takes quite a while for people to actually kill me even if I get stuck in a stun lock.

Mostly though, I just enjoy watching people die in 0.5 seconds from my AOE vomit, lol. All it takes is one Fear or Torch 5 and they'll have so much on them they'll probably lose 50% of their health before they can even cleanse it.

Let's see, scourge is also known as the sitting duck. Mobility is horrible. So... Any half decent player of any class baits your lifeforce skills, boom, you die. Plus most players run condiremoval these days due to revs being abundant. I used to play this before some time. Scourge makes for a terrible roamer

@"Voltekka.2375" said:Let's see, scourge is also known as the sitting duck. Mobility is horrible. So... Any half decent player of any class baits your lifeforce skills, boom, you die. Plus most players run condiremoval these days due to revs being abundant. I used to play this before some time. Scourge makes for a terrible roamer

I used to play a Power Dagger - WH/Focus Roaming Scourge that uses Feed from Corruption.It works pretty well, but only because it doesn't use Scourge as a Scourge, but it uses Scourge as a defensive traitline plus converts my Boon rips into Boon application for myself.

The moment something like a Boonbeast starts injecting themselves with steroids, I simply rip those boons and give myself those steroids and slice them up.But yea, I'm wasn't playing the stereotypical "Condi vomit" Scourge build.

Doesn't work anymore though : Anet saw to that when they nerfed all Boon removal across the board.

@Yasai.3549 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:Let's see, scourge is also known as the sitting duck. Mobility is horrible. So... Any half decent player of any class baits your lifeforce skills, boom, you die. Plus most players run condiremoval these days due to revs being abundant. I used to play this before some time. Scourge makes for a terrible roamer

I used to play a Power Dagger - WH/Focus Roaming Scourge that uses Feed from Corruption.It works pretty well, but only because it doesn't use Scourge as a Scourge, but it uses Scourge as a defensive traitline plus converts my Boon rips into Boon application for myself.

The moment something like a Boonbeast starts injecting themselves with steroids, I simply rip those boons and give myself those steroids and slice them up.But yea, I'm wasn't playing the stereotypical "Condi vomit" Scourge build.

Doesn't work anymore though : Anet saw to that when they nerfed all Boon removal across the board.

I used to play the same build with power and condi, could even 1v2 with relative ease. Now its just impossible