What is your wish regarding guild wars 2 in 2021? :)

kappa.2036

Mine is to have a REAL competitive build - after 8 years - for wvw zerg fights with my ranger without getting kicked from the squad or blamed for not bringing a meta class :)Of course i also have firebrand, spellbreaker, scourge and scrapper but ranger was always my favourite class and i would really love to be considered useful with it and on par with other meta classes. I really hope the next expansion will bring something truly useful in this regard :)

And you? What is your personal wish for 2021? Merry Christmas everyone :)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, going back to Cantha ha always been my dream since my first MMO adventures started on Guild Wars Factions. I’m also very excited to see “my people” the Kurzicks and can’t wait to see how maps/locations are translated into the game.

What I “want”, it would be cool (and make a lot more sense) if they tied the usage of Underwater weapons to be used on land, to our new elite specs.

But aside from that, I’m pretty easy going and just want to be immersed by Cantha once more for nostalgia. I’ll probably spend a few days exploring before I even care about the living story with the dragon lol.

I have several wishes, but all from a different category. Even one of them would be perfectly fine for me.The fix-that-bug wish: Please remove the bug that makes Battle Maul go on cool down, if go down a slope or stairs in WvWThe revert-that-nerf wish: Please revert all the nonsense done to this skill the past few years (e.g. longer cool down, if you don't hit; can't be used it mid air and the latests damage nerf in WvW/PvP, because RTL is clearly overpowered)The convenience wish: Can I please create charged quartz with material from the vault/material storage and not carry the quartz in the bag?The home instance wish: Can I please have a Noxious Pod node?The guild mission wish: Can you please remove the requirement of 3 guildies on the same server from sentry, dolly and camp related WvW missions?The game content wish: Can you please stop making "content" that requires me to do map event/meta X for dozens of times or do weapon collections for hundreds of gold pieces that is included in a story meta achievement.The personal vanity wish: I hope to see a nod to my storybook selling NPC in GW1 in the Cantha expansion.

@kappa.2036 said:Mine is to have a REAL competitive build - after 8 years - for wvw zerg fights with my ranger without getting kicked from the squad or blamed for not bringing a meta class :)Of course i also have firebrand, spellbreaker, scourge and scrapper but ranger was always my favourite class and i would really love to be considered useful with it and on par with other meta classes. I really hope the next expansion will bring something truly useful in this regard :)

And you? What is your personal wish for 2021? Merry Christmas everyone :)

Communication between the company and the players. Start by giving us a beta test 3-6 months before End of Dragons releases, gather feedback, then apply it properly.

Many of the problems with this game would have never happened if they had interacted with the community in the first place.

@ OP: https://gw2mists.com/builds/ranger/power-soulbeast

1. "Leak" that EoD expansion is the GW2 equivalent of GW: Factions and that it is competitive focused and brings Alliances.

2. Making good on the announcement that they will bring GW2 to Steam to expand the playerbase and bring back older players due to the obvious expanded media coverage.

3. (In the longterm) More optimizations to the engine that benefit everyone (multi-threading). It's been done before with the move to the 64-bit client to eliminate 4GB VRAM+RAM total limit crashes. Expecting a port to DX12 or Vulkan is unrealistic, but everything apart from the render threads is fair game I think. Intel and AMD have been upping core counts the past few years significantly so unlike a few years ago the benefit of additional multi-threading affects more of the userbase.

4. (In the longterm) More viable build options for PVE thieves where condi is preferred and boon thief isn't usable (i.e. Cairn, Sunqua Peak), better balancing for mirage and berserker in competitive modes among other classes.

5. (In the longterm) Less grind and/or RNG achievements tied into masteries. More accessibility for newer players to grow and expand the playerbase. (As an example, strikes rewarding currency for ascended was a good step.)

I want a short period of CC immunity (a few seconds) after being CC'd. Nothing like getting CC'd 7-8 times in a row in a WvW zerg fight. The first couple eat your stab, the next eats your stun break, then the rest come in succession before you can do anything. By then, you've been unable to play your character for 8-12 seconds and are probably dead.

GW2 has the worst implementation of CC for large scale competitive combat in any game I've played. There is the illusion of counter-play, but the counter systems are designed around sPvP one-on-one's and just don't work in anything bigger than 5v5 (if then).

Considering the expansion releases next year, I think most of the attention will be on that, which makes sense. I’m trying to not expect anything crazy like a playable race which to me has about 50/50 odds right now, I could see it but I won’t be surprised if it doesn’t happen. I think it’s more than fair to expect 9 elite specs though, and the maps/story to be as big as or more so than PoF. Especially considering where we’re going, how much land there is there and how much history. Also hoping the following living world seasons stays there to really give us as much as possible

-SAB world 3-Correctly fleshed out primordius/asura/depths of tyria episodes/living world.-More cultural armors for asura, sylvari, charr. Since norn got 2 complete ceremonial armor sets.-A form of housing or racial gh decos.-Exo suit_Warclaw and Exo suit_Skyscale skins-Old Lion arch lounge for dungeons and raids.-New foes and models not from 2012.-Primordius surviving Jormag, Sbubbles killing Primordius.-New faces and haircuts for asura, norn, sylvari, goatee and beards, different scars.-Plague Doctor/ Bioengineer elite for engineer-Elementalist elite with a bow.

Solving the problems about the lag in both EU and NA servers. 2. New hairstyles, new horns, new beards, new tattoos, new faces, new scars for every races, male and female. 3. The Alliance system in World versus World mode. 4. New maps and their new mechanics for Players versus Players mode (Deathmatch 5v5 included would be great). 6. New maps for World versus World mode (such as a map in the snow, one in the rain , one in the summer) and new designs for towers, keeps, guards including lords. 7. Guild versus Guild mode with new unique maps(Deathmatch:10v10 , 15v15 , 20v20, 25v25, 30v30, 40v40, 50v50) 8. If one makes the same mistake more than twice times (for example; botting, cheating others intentionally with any means[cheat engine, trainers, etc.]) with no remorse despite being warned and being temporarily suspended, one should be banned for good. It would be pleasing if Game Masters punished them with no hesitation. 9. Cantha(I can't wait to see it!).