fix core warrior

felix.2386

i literally haven't played warrior for ages.i decided to try some theory crafting with recent nerfs as new builds like core support guard/side node scrapper are being tested by top players in ATs.

tho seriously, the major problem i noticed.

WARRIOR IS NOT SUSTAINABLE WITHOUT FULL COUNTER AND SHIELD AND MOBILITY FROM GREATSWORD.core warrior dies to nothing. has basically no sustain, no lockdown, can't stick to people and trash at range.and does less damage then spellbreaker.

Berserker is calling...

In all seriousness, warrior mains just roll with it. You can't theorycraft warrior anymore. Discipline is a must have and Tactics/Strength/Defense always have the same traits regardless of build.

Spellbreaker has innate defense so it's automatically better. Shield is a must have unless double axe cleaver you dies after 4 seconds (Endure Pain be like).

Core Warrior can't be played like a sustain duelist anymore.

Forget about sustain, play more like a Rev now.

Focus on avoiding hits with Dodge roll, Shield, GS 3, and Bull Rush.

Core Level 3 GS Burst hits like a truck, and so does Core Level 3 Eviscerate.

That's kinda why some Warriors just went ahead and play Berserker instead, since it supports aggressive playstyles better.

@Yasai.3549 said:Core Warrior can't be played like a sustain duelist anymore.

That's kinda why some Warriors just went ahead and play Berserker instead, since it supports aggressive playstyles better.

Gs t1 or t3 hits the same, just get more fury right?

My t3 evis with 20 might stacks full zerk str/tacs/discipline hit people for a whopping avg 5k, I did hit a dh once for 8.5k. I felt pretty chuffed with that 1. Way before Feb patch t3 evis was doing 14k upwards on glass targets with defence line.

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Yasai.3549 said:Core Warrior can't be played like a sustain duelist anymore.

Gs t1 or t3 hits the same, just get more fury right?

My t3 evis with 20 might stacks full zerk str/tacs/discipline hit people for a whopping avg 5k, I did hit a dh once for 8.5k. I felt pretty chuffed with that 1. Way before Feb patch t3 evis was doing 14k upwards on glass targets with defence line.

I hit thieves in WvW for 8k with T3 Eviscerate if it makes you feel any better.

@Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

@Psycoprophet.8107 said:All of warrior needs fixed not just core, these devs have seriously screwed warrior up something special like, they should actually be kinda proud, honestly think these devs should win a award for least competant in the balance dept. Never seen devs like anets before lol its something to behold that's for sure.

To be fair, since Spellbreaker and Berserker have to take 2 core traitlines then fixing Core would also 'fix' them. I put quotes there because Berserker needs a rework to the rework.

True, good point.