Asking for nerfs with 9 new elite specs coming in 7 days is hilarious

LucianTheAngelic.7054

@Exedore.6320 said:I'll laugh at OP when people go back to playing HoT elite specs a week after PoF because they're so much better.

Some of them were weaker in the demo, sure. But some of them are as good or better for conquest. The point of the post is that people crying for nerfs to things right before huge balance shakeups aren't really thinking long term or big picture and it's pretty funny.

@Exedore.6320 said:I'll laugh at OP when people go back to playing HoT elite specs a week after PoF because they're so much better.

HoT specs we're technically suppose to be on par (a different way to play) with PoF specs.

... and HoT was suppose to be on par of Core but we all ow that never happened haha.

All I will say is, what Anet has said about HoT vs PoF, is more true than what they've said about Core vs HoT.. we'll just have to see.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

Some of them were weaker in the demo, sure. But some of them are as good or better for conquest. The point of the post is that people crying for nerfs to things right before huge balance shakeups aren't really thinking long term or big picture and it's pretty funny.

The only one I saw being extremely good was Scourge and that was due in part to a broken trait and way OP elite skill. Without those it's solid, but not super strong. Deadeye, Holosmith, and Soulbeast were pretty gimmicky. Weaver worked and was viable, but again not super strong. Spellbreaker probably has a good 1v1 role, but nothing amazing. The other 3 were lack luster.

@Exedore.6320 said:

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

The only one I saw being extremely good was Scourge and that was due in part to a broken trait and way OP elite skill. Without those it's solid, but not super strong. Deadeye, Holosmith, and Soulbeast were pretty gimmicky. Weaver worked and was viable, but again not super strong. Spellbreaker probably has a good 1v1 role, but nothing amazing. The other 3 were lack luster.

Power renegade was on par with power herald from my testing. It brings some interesting things to the table and does higher damage at the cost of glint. I wouldn't count the other 3 specs out yet.

@FOX.3582 said:Oh man, I can't wait to see the drama. Specially the people who are getting one-shot by a Deadeye. I'm gonna be here for some time.

Oh you mean when deadeyes will one-shot kill themselves on my retal/reflects then call me a hackor.

Yes. Much drama.

It will be just like p/p thieves "pew pew" ing themselves into oblivion facing me. Only faster.

Scourge and Spellbreaker look to be interesting for sure.Deadeye will probably depend on your comp and the map, but losing the mobility/evasion DD gave is gonna hurt somewhat in the Thief's usual role of decapping/+1ingSoulbeast will give more pressure to Ranger's bunker/bruiser play when it comes to skirmishes on side nodes and some potentially interesting buildcraft with pet abilities.Renegade doesn't really offer anything super useful beyond some mild mid-range pressure and (CC'd/destroyable) support, and you lose out on boons/reveal and a stunbreak not tied to legendswap/healingHolosmith vs Scrapper's a toss up between wanting to bunker/wanting to duel imo. The latter's still got better team support and sustain, so it may be tough to pass up depending on the comp

@FOX.3582 said:Oh man, I can't wait to see the drama. Specially the people who are getting one-shot by a Deadeye. I'm gonna be here for some time.

Deadeye was way easier to deal with using my power Rev than the current condi DD. Most of PoF specs seems weaker for the PvP environment than the core/HoT meta builds. Of course will be some exceptions, but some of the current meta builds seems to hard counter the incoming ones.

to the OP, i think it makes sense for people to complain now, before the game is launched, and after we got to test it. It would seem to be the best time to give feedback. Assuming the devs are listening/reading peoples posts about what needs to be changed, i can think of no more opportune time than right now. Dev's are probably aware of the vent rev and condi thief needing nerf, but hey, maybe they are not and a post on here wakes them up to what the community is feeling. with the lack of communication from the dev's about what they understand the state of the game to be, all we can do is be as vocal as we can and hope that Anet hears us, then wait for the comming patch. ANET if your reading this, please communicate to your Pvp community more. let us know you hear us and that changes are in the works. thanks.

@"The Mechanic.3567" said:to the OP, i think it makes sense for people to complain now, before the game is launched, and after we got to test it. It would seem to be the best time to give feedback. Assuming the devs are listening/reading peoples posts about what needs to be changed, i can think of no more opportune time than right now. Dev's are probably aware of the vent rev and condi thief needing nerf, but hey, maybe they are not and a post on here wakes them up to what the community is feeling. with the lack of communication from the dev's about what they understand the state of the game to be, all we can do is be as vocal as we can and hope that Anet hears us, then wait for the comming patch. ANET if your reading this, please communicate to your Pvp community more. let us know you hear us and that changes are in the works. thanks.

It honestly doesn't make any sense for them to adjust the existing classes (including ventari/condi thief) within the next week and any calls for nerfs now will not necessarily be relevant once PoF drops. That is the entire point of the post. Calling for changes to demo classes is different and totally understandable.

People can argue that ventari and condi thief need nerfs now, but they've only been successful and "abused" in the current format because of the fact that theyre powerful in the current format. But just because they are great now does not mean they will be great in the upcoming POF format. Ventari is getting bare minimum two specs that are able to hard counter it and condi thief has at least 1 coming as well. 9 new specs add tons of new ways to combat older "over performing" builds which can in turn result in those builds falling out of favor or losing some of their previous effectiveness. It's honestly ridiculous to call for nerfs now when they may be completely unnecessary later. No one truly knows what POF is going to do to the meta (even the "pros") and it will take a few weeks for things to settle down.

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

Oh you mean when deadeyes will one-shot kill themselves on my retal/reflects then call me a hackor.

Yes. Much drama.

It will be just like p/p thieves "pew pew" ing themselves into oblivion facing me. Only faster.

Man P/P thieves? What is life like in bronze?

@omgdracula.6345 said:

Yes. Much drama.

I'll have you know P/P thieves are plenty common in Gold.

@omgdracula.6345 said:

Yes. Much drama.

Actually gold but I'm up against bronze all the way to legend. Also pp is in there right up till plat.

Anything ever new there will people who will debate both good and bad it is to be expected. People will either commend or disapprove of certain ways of things, but its essential to remember that each elite spec will not be better then the next or previous. They are supposed to be additions to the already existing trait lines to give a new perspective on the class. Some give support, damage, tanky-ness, or healing contributions. It is something to remember on opening day for any new expansion that their will be people with different opinions based on what they like and dislike. Just don't get too dragged down with all the negatives, balance out what you want to do and what you like.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:It honestly doesn't make any sense for them to adjust the existing classes (including ventari/condi thief) within the next week and any calls for nerfs now will not necessarily be relevant once PoF drops. That is the entire point of the post.

People can argue that ventari and condi thief need nerfs now, but they've only been successful and "abused" in the current format because of the fact that theyre powerful in the current format. But just because they are great now does not mean they will be great in the upcoming POF format.

This logic is terrible. Those builds are dominant now because they're easy to play with high reward. PoF won't change that. Builds like that are bad for the game in general. You also need to consider that PoF should be viewed as an option, not a necessity.

@Omar Aschi Popp.7496 said:

Yes. Much drama.

Yeah, know know what you mean, but still drama is coming. No need to tell me how easy you can beat a Deadeye mate. =)

@FOX.3582 said:

Yes. Much drama.

Yeah, know know what you mean, but still drama is coming. No need to tell me how easy you can beat a Deadeye mate. =)

To be totally honest it was a complete assumption! I havent tested any new spec, and did not do preview weekends.

I want that new shiny feeling when PoF hits.

@Exedore.6320 said:

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:It honestly doesn't make any sense for them to adjust the existing classes (including ventari/condi thief) within the next week and any calls for nerfs now
will not necessarily be relevant once PoF drops.
That is the entire point of the post.

People can argue that ventari and condi thief need nerfs now, but they've only been successful and "abused" in the current format because of
the fact that theyre powerful in the current format.
But just because they are great now does not mean they will be great in the upcoming POF format.

This logic is terrible. Those builds are dominant now because they're easy to play with high reward. PoF won't change that. Builds like that are bad for the game in general. You also need to consider that PoF should be viewed as an option, not a necessity.

The logic isn't terrible, it actually makes the most sense. Sure they're easy to play with high reward, but ventari especially will likely only be high reward now because there isn't much that can directly counter it outside of better rotation tactics and a few select builds at the moment. However, as mentioned before, Scourge pretty much deletes Ventari rev and other specs being released also have a bunch of answers to it as well. If the builds are still overperforming in a month after the expansion is released then they should get further balance changes. But there is no need to nerf builds now that may or may not do well or be viable in the new meta.

PoFs release will have a huge impact on the meta whether or not people view it as an option or a necessity. You won't need PoF to do well necessarily, but that does not mean that PoF magically doesn't exist and its answers to current HoT Meta problems aren't available to people.

Archived