Please help me understand what I'm doing wrong with the collection Wild Abandon

CrimeDog.5614

I've been completing the specialization collection named Wild Abandon for the Ascended torch for warriors. I've spend days on this and now all I have left is the Everburning Coal, which evidently drops from the chest that appears after defeating Champion Drakin Cinderspire in the Scorchlands on the Iron Marches map. I'm lead to believe this from the description in game within the collection and even more so from the wiki pages. I've now successfully completed the event four times with my warrior (even though I don't think it matters if it is the warrior or not), and I still can not get the Everburning Coal to drop from that chest. And to make matters even worse, I decided to try again this afternoon and now the event is stalled/bugged and will not progress! I've waited a few hours and tried again and it is still bugged in the same spot. How and when can a stalled/bugged event like this be fixed? ALSO, why did the Everburning Coal not drop the four times I completed the event and looted the chest? I understand some items have a chance of dropping (such as the ones that are part of collections that drop from enemies), but how do you know if this also applies to this item. And if it does, then how unfair is that to have to replay an obscure and difficult group event over and over again until hopefully the item you need drops? I love GW and never will stop playing it, but this has really me in a sour mood and I don't even know what to do about it now besides vent on the forums and have hopes that maybe there is someone out that that can provide helpful information. Thanks!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wild_Abandonhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Everburning_Coal

@Ashantara.8731 said:The Everburning Coal is dropped by a fire elemental, not the Shaman. Did you kill one of those or did you focus on the boss?

Yes I killed numerous fire elementals during the fight all four times, however the wiki specifically states that the Everburning Coal is inside the chest after killing the shaman. I'm not quiet for sure which is right I suppose.

@CrimeDog.5614 said:

@Ashantara.8731 said:The Everburning Coal is dropped by a fire elemental, not the Shaman. Did you kill one of those or did you focus on the boss?

Yes I killed numerous fire elementals during the fight all four times, however the wiki specifically states that the Everburning Coal is inside the chest after killing the shaman. I'm not quiet for sure which is right I suppose.

Me neither, sorry. I did this a long time ago, but don't recall having any issues getting the item. Perhaps it's best you send the support team a bug report.