Roaming Weaver WvW 2021 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Community Creations

Roaming Weaver WvW 2021

JlAlanisl.4592JlAlanisl.4592 Member
edited January 6, 2021 in Community Creations

Comments

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2020

    But its still 2020.

    Eles need nerf. No inb4 work here. Ha!

    gaggle - /ˈɡaɡ(ə)l/ - noun
    A disorderly group of Asura.
    "The gaggle of Asura tried to agree on whether a phase-shifted thermonuclear energy matrix was sufficiently powerful for a device capable of heating bread"

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:
    But its still 2020.

    He’s probably back from 2032.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Lol glad people still playing Eles after the nerfs.
    Inb4 people show up saying Ele needs nerfs :^)

    If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

  • kitten, I would never be able to 3v1. I've 2v1 a couple of times but this is very good. Any tips to someone who wants to start playing weaver (builds, tactics)?

  • @Yasai.3549 said:
    Lol glad people still playing Eles after the nerfs.
    Inb4 people show up saying Ele needs nerfs :^)

    Its funny how they never realize that after nerfs they still still cant beat ellys, the nerf fixes the class not the player, if people sucked before the nerf they will suck after it too.

  • ty all guys. train for 3 weeks, I hope to have better results in the future <3

  • Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Grand Marshal.4098 said:
    kitten, I would never be able to 3v1. I've 2v1 a couple of times but this is very good. Any tips to someone who wants to start playing weaver (builds, tactics)?

    Ez.
    Don't use yur defensives haphazardly.

    If yu watch his video carefully, he isn't using his ToFs, his Lava Skin nor his Focus defensives randomly.
    They are always used right after he is done with an attack attempt to prevent the opponent counterattack from doing too much damage to himself.

    Weaver builds, especially builds that use Healing Signet, are extremely vulnerable to spike damage that they cannot recover from, which is why yu have to time yur defensives or use defensives properly, because there is no way passive healing is gonna help yu recover fully from spike damage, and besides, S/F Weaver has soooo many defensive cooldowns to easily rotate through if yu don't panic and use them all at once.

    If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Yasai.3549 said:

    @Grand Marshal.4098 said:
    kitten, I would never be able to 3v1. I've 2v1 a couple of times but this is very good. Any tips to someone who wants to start playing weaver (builds, tactics)?

    Ez.
    Don't use yur defensives haphazardly.

    If yu watch his video carefully, he isn't using his ToFs, his Lava Skin nor his Focus defensives randomly.
    They are always used right after he is done with an attack attempt to prevent the opponent counterattack from doing too much damage to himself.

    Weaver builds, especially builds that use Healing Signet, are extremely vulnerable to spike damage that they cannot recover from, which is why yu have to time yur defensives or use defensives properly, because there is no way passive healing is gonna help yu recover fully from spike damage, and besides, S/F Weaver has soooo many defensive cooldowns to easily rotate through if yu don't panic and use them all at once.

    This.

    I feel like ‘rushing through’ is what the failing of many players (including me) is. Focus on patience and needing to plan ahead a little (with the way weaver skills pop) and you can be very effective with it.

    If you aren’t used to playing in someone’s face, S/F (or S/D) Weaver isn’t really for you.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • Grand Marshal.4098Grand Marshal.4098 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2021

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Yasai.3549 said:

    @Grand Marshal.4098 said:
    kitten, I would never be able to 3v1. I've 2v1 a couple of times but this is very good. Any tips to someone who wants to start playing weaver (builds, tactics)?

    Ez.
    Don't use yur defensives haphazardly.

    If yu watch his video carefully, he isn't using his ToFs, his Lava Skin nor his Focus defensives randomly.
    They are always used right after he is done with an attack attempt to prevent the opponent counterattack from doing too much damage to himself.

    Weaver builds, especially builds that use Healing Signet, are extremely vulnerable to spike damage that they cannot recover from, which is why yu have to time yur defensives or use defensives properly, because there is no way passive healing is gonna help yu recover fully from spike damage, and besides, S/F Weaver has soooo many defensive cooldowns to easily rotate through if yu don't panic and use them all at once.

    This.

    I feel like ‘rushing through’ is what the failing of many players (including me) is. Focus on patience and needing to plan ahead a little (with the way weaver skills pop) and you can be very effective with it.

    If you aren’t used to playing in someone’s face, S/F (or S/D) Weaver isn’t really for you.

    I'd say meditrapper DH, Staff DD and Berserker Roamer have given me a good taste of face to face combat with very bad sustain and bursts. Weaver seems to have many alternatives. It will be tough, but i wish to try it out. I imagine this class isnt supposed to kite at all tho?

  • Yasai.3549Yasai.3549 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Grand Marshal.4098 said:

    I'd say meditrapper DH, Staff DD and Berserker Roamer have given me a good taste of face to face combat with very bad sustain and bursts. Weaver seems to have many alternatives. It will be tough, but i wish to try it out. I imagine this class isnt supposed to kite at all tho?

    If yu are talking about Sw/F, no.

    Rather yu can't afford to, or else yu lose pressure on yur target and they will easily heal up from yur damage and reset the fight.

    If yu are talking about FA Sceptre Focus though, that build has to kite.

    If I play a stupid build, I deserve to die.
    If I beat people on a stupid build, I deserve to get away with it.

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Very good vid, educational as well. Kudos!

  • Voltekka.2375Voltekka.2375 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Yasai.3549 said:

    @Grand Marshal.4098 said:

    I'd say meditrapper DH, Staff DD and Berserker Roamer have given me a good taste of face to face combat with very bad sustain and bursts. Weaver seems to have many alternatives. It will be tough, but i wish to try it out. I imagine this class isnt supposed to kite at all tho?

    If yu are talking about Sw/F, no.

    Rather yu can't afford to, or else yu lose pressure on yur target and they will easily heal up from yur damage and reset the fight.

    If yu are talking about FA Sceptre Focus though, that build has to kite.

    Most helpful comments here. Glad to have people like you here.

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Yasai.3549 said:

    @Grand Marshal.4098 said:

    I'd say meditrapper DH, Staff DD and Berserker Roamer have given me a good taste of face to face combat with very bad sustain and bursts. Weaver seems to have many alternatives. It will be tough, but i wish to try it out. I imagine this class isnt supposed to kite at all tho?

    If yu are talking about Sw/F, no.

    Rather yu can't afford to, or else yu lose pressure on yur target and they will easily heal up from yur damage and reset the fight.

    If yu are talking about FA Sceptre Focus though, that build has to kite.

    Exactly. A guildie of mine described the play style as ‘spider monkey’, with a little patience. 🙂

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2021

    Bruiser ele is one-dimensional. Well timed dodges are irrelevant against it. It's just an endless storm of 500 to 1k damage hits. Either you have enough damage to kill it or you don't.

    If you don't, then you lose the attrition fight and if you do, then you win it.

    Last 50 fights against bruiser eles:

    • I am on wanderer template, the fight lasts 2 minutes, I lose
    • I am on marauder template, the fight lasts 2 minutes, I win

    against glass eles (FA):

    • me on wanderer: easiest matchup in the game
    • me on marauder: dodge perfectly or die

    That's how the piano class works. It's super predictable for the opponent and just memorizing skill sequences for the ele or you end up in the wrong attunement with the wrong skills.

  • primatos.5413primatos.5413 Member ✭✭✭

    Tempest needs buffs. Staff too. Ty and happy new year \o/

  • All comments are very interesting and useful for new players. Enjoy the video, enjoy the character "piano" <3 happy new year all.

  • fuzzyp.6295fuzzyp.6295 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2021

    @Grand Marshal.4098 said:
    kitten, I would never be able to 3v1. I've 2v1 a couple of times but this is very good. Any tips to someone who wants to start playing weaver (builds, tactics)?

    A couple players have offered good advice on surviving outnumbered. But I feel it also needs to be said that the quality of your opponent will also dictate whether or not you win. What I mean by this is that a lot of 2v1 or 3v1s you see in these montages tend to be against players who are mostly new to WvW, unfamiliar with PvP or play mostly in zerg settings. Even at the top of your game, fighting a 2v1 against actual roamers can be incredibly difficult, let alone impossible when compared to fighting a few zerglings pugs that got lost on their way to a zerg. This doesn't reflect anything on your own skills however, its just how the game is balanced. Don't get discouraged if you find yourself loosing outnumbered fights.

    For the vid, I think the fights were awesome and I love seeing Weavers kick butt. I'm pretty sure I've fought fought you and know you're a great Weave and either you beat me or I think we went 1-1 in the times we fought. I don't remember but great vid, hope to see more from you.

  • @fuzzyp.6295 said:

    @Grand Marshal.4098 said:
    kitten, I would never be able to 3v1. I've 2v1 a couple of times but this is very good. Any tips to someone who wants to start playing weaver (builds, tactics)?

    A couple players have offered good advice on surviving outnumbered. But I feel it also needs to be said that the quality of your opponent will also dictate whether or not you win. What I mean by this is that a lot of 2v1 or 3v1s you see in these montages tend to be against players who are mostly new to WvW, unfamiliar with PvP or play mostly in zerg settings. Even at the top of your game, fighting a 2v1 against actual roamers can be incredibly difficult, let alone impossible when compared to fighting a few zerglings pugs that got lost on their way to a zerg. This doesn't reflect anything on your own skills however, its just how the game is balanced. Don't get discouraged if you find yourself loosing outnumbered fights.

    For the vid, I think the fights were awesome and I love seeing Weavers kick butt. I'm pretty sure I've fought fought you and know you're a great Weave and either you beat me or I think we went 1-1 in the times we fought. I don't remember but great vid, hope to see more from you.

    Thank you, I will upload more content. I'm glad people like my videos.<3