LF Best Professions and Builds for Melee — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions

LF Best Professions and Builds for Melee

Right now I have had a lot of fun with some spellbreaker mace/shield builds and also some Dire Condi Guardian [core] builds.

I'm looking for builds that do the best at staying up close and personal. Rough builds like: profession, trait lines, and gear would be fantastic. I'm also trying to find more power builds that can pull this off, although I am not opposed to Condi... it's just that I have been playing a lot of Condi damage lately.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I ran this after the Feb. Patch in WvW:
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PKwAceFlJwuYJMMWJOWLWHVA-z1QYhoBZpjIu0CJsSo1IoiEwvpRAbaA-w

Sentinel stats on a core warrior. I floated between Defense, Discipline, and Tactics. The only trait line that stayed constant was Arms really to make up for Crit chance and Ferocity.

Runes fluctuated between pack, dolyak, durability, sanctuary, and vampirism. Took rifle instead of GS sometimes. Doesn't work as well now as then though since people have acclimated to the meta and are finding ways to push their damage higher with things that were nor nerfed, but I've killed more wannabe gankers with that build than I did with any other build outside of the first week of the berserker rework when Arc Divider deleted people (so much death...).

Pretty much just tank the opening burst then CC them and then burst them back. You'll still hit a Thief for over 8k on an eviscerate on that setup, which is most of their health last I checked.

• You should try sword/shield holosmith so much fun being in melee, visually stunning and plenty of tools to play with.

• AliamRationem.5172AliamRationem.5172 Member ✭✭✭✭

I'm not clear on which game mode we're talking here, but since you mention Dire stats I'm going to assume open world/story solo play is the focus.

I think herald, holosmith, or chronomancer (all with sword) would be good picks for melee power builds with a nice balance of damage and sustain. My personal favorite pick for all out melee aggression is weaver (also with sword), but the power variants have poor sustain, unfortunately.

• Opopanax.1803Opopanax.1803 Member ✭✭✭✭

@AliamRationem.5172 said:
    I'm not clear on which game mode we're talking here, but since you mention Dire stats I'm going to assume open world/story solo play is the focus.

I think herald, holosmith, or chronomancer (all with sword) would be good picks for melee power builds with a nice balance of damage and sustain. My personal favorite pick for all out melee aggression is weaver (also with sword), but the power variants have poor sustain, unfortunately.

Ive played a Dire Tempest, but I havent had time to unlock Weaver yet. I suppose I should get around to that sometime soon!

@Opopanax.1803 said:

Ive played a Dire Tempest, but I havent had time to unlock Weaver yet. I suppose I should get around to that sometime soon!

For a great open world melee build, I definitely recommend it! Here's a clip with build link in comments:

That's the build I generally prefer for open world, but here's an alternative option I also recommend: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGgAw2lZwmYXMJmJOKPnvaA-zRJYkRD/YkoA6kA6nFfd2A-e

• jpsssss.7530jpsssss.7530 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 5, 2021

This is the Firebrand I use in WvW. I use it to PUG blob and to roam
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PWABc6x3lRwkYgsP2IOqTrvaA-zRRYhhJG7DpRRQmShKUAWcWEUZD-e
    You can swap Judge's intervention and the invuln for stand your ground and the mantra elite when blobbing.

Anyone have a power mirage build to share?

@Opopanax.1803 said:

As far as I can tell, power mirage is not a great choice for PvE. The weapons you would use with it are greatsword and sword, neither of which have a good ambush skill for PvE. Chronomancer is a much better choice for power mesmer builds in PvE.

@Opopanax.1803 said:

As far as I can tell, power mirage is not a great choice for PvE. The weapons you would use with it are greatsword and sword, neither of which have a good ambush skill for PvE. Chronomancer is a much better choice for power mesmer builds in PvE.

Ty! 7charsshort