*Answered* Crafting 2nd Twilight, need INFOrmation. *Answered* — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Players Helping Players

*Answered* Crafting 2nd Twilight, need INFOrmation. *Answered*

Elithur.2671Elithur.2671 Member ✭✭
edited January 7, 2021 in Players Helping Players

Hello there, happy new year.
~Keep in mind, I'm a returning player with a 2 year gap.~
Until recently, I had a Twilight on a Warrior character of mine. An ex-"family"-individual deleted my Twilight out of spite. I want to craft it again, but, I can't find definitive info on how to go about it. I can only find guides on a material list and crafting steps, which I've also used the first time around, years ago. A couple guild members have told me that precursors are only craftable once and I have to buy Dusk a second time around. Random players in map chat have told me that's not true because they've sold extra ones for gold income Thing is, almost everyone I've spoken to gives me cryptic answers as if I need to pay someone for some advanced crafting input or as if it's my fault that I don't know these things already. I'm stuck in the middle, I want to start the process and I can't find anything definitive on Google or Reddit. Any info on how exactly I would go about crafting Twilight on an account that has already crafted one in the first place, would be much appreciated.

Apologies for the longish read, in my head, I had to give enough info for context.

P.S. To avoid needless replying and posting, support can't help me. Already reached out.

Comments

  • DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭✭

    From the wiki re: Dusk:

    Crafted once per account after completing the Twilight III: Dusk collection.

    X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

  • Gen 1 precursors (like Dusk) can only be crafted once because that crafting is tied to an Achievement that can't be repeated. Some of the crafting components of the Achievements can be re-crafted but you won't be able to craft a second Dusk. In that, your guildies are correct. However, Gen 1 precursors also drop randomly from foes and from throwing rares or exotics into the Mystic Forge. There are other sources which is also why other players talk about selling them on the TP. Unless you want to try your luck at flushing rares /exotics down the Toilet, your best bet if you've already crafted Dusk once is to save gold and buy it off the TP. After you have the precursor, the rest of the steps to make Twilight are the same as always.

    TLDR: you can only CRAFT a Gen 1 Precursor once, but can buy it off the TP as well. You can make as many Twilights as you want as long as you have a Precursor for each and the materials.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Put in a support ticket if you know the day it was deleted you should be able to get it back from support.
    I hope you have changed passwords and dont make it auto login so it can happen anymore tho.

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:
    Put in a support ticket if you know the day it was deleted you should be able to get it back from support.
    I hope you have changed passwords and dont make it auto login so it can happen anymore tho.

    I agree with this, Support may well be able to restore the one that was deleted if you ask them. I think it's worth asking even if you don't know exactly when it was deleted, although they'll probably want to check their records to make sure you really did have it and it really was deleted (not sold or traded or whatever) so if you can narrow down when it happened that will probably increase your chaces of getting it back. But at least ask them.

    If you do need to make another one then you will not be able to craft Dusk because some components come from collections which can only be completed once. I suspect the random people in map chat are either confusing crafting the precusor with creating the finished legendary, or they're refering to making precursors in the Mystic Forge by throwing in rare and exotic weapons. There's no limit to how many you can get that way, but the chance of getting one at all is very low.

    If you do make it again you can either buy the precursor from the TP or try your luck with the Mystic Forge. Personally I'd buy it because you could easily end up spending far more on items to throw into the Forge and currently Dusk is the cheapest it's been since 2013, but it's up to you.

    Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

    "Life's a journey, not a destination."

  • Veprovina.4876Veprovina.4876 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Yup. Support might give it back. I mean, no one deletes a legendary on purpose, so if you explain what happened, they might help you.

  • DeanBB.4268DeanBB.4268 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Otherwise, you can apply the skin to any greatsword, without the legendary perks.

    X__________________________
    (Signature Required)

  • Cuks.8241Cuks.8241 Member ✭✭✭

    Just having the skin and not having the account bound sword on you might be proof enough. I guess you can't get the skin before the sword is bound.

  • Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2021

    @Cuks.8241 said:
    Just having the skin and not having the account bound sword on you might be proof enough. I guess you can't get the skin before the sword is bound.

    That's a good point, you can't get the skin without having the sword. It's not even included in things like the Wardrobe Unlock. (And if it wasn't bound before it was deleted then deleting it would unlock the skin.)

    Danielle Aurorel, Desolation EU. Mini Collector

    "Life's a journey, not a destination."

  • Ronan.9518Ronan.9518 Member ✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2021

    @Danikat.8537 said:

    @Cuks.8241 said:
    Just having the skin and not having the account bound sword on you might be proof enough. I guess you can't get the skin before the sword is bound.

    That's a good point, you can't get the skin without having the sword. It's not even included in things like the Wardrobe Unlock. (And if it wasn't bound before it was deleted then deleting it would unlock the skin.)

    Especially for the Gen1 greatswords having the skin unlocked alone doesn't prove that it just got deleted, as you could (,even after unlocking the skin,) theoretically use those to craft Eternity , which then again could be sold/gifted/etc. .

  • Happy new year everyone and thank you for your replies. As I have posted in my initial post, the first time around, I reached out to support and they can't recover it for me. I've already begun the process of crafting a different legendary. If there's a moderator reading these, you can archive my post. At any rate, my query has been resolved.

  • @DeanBB.4268 said:
    From the wiki re: Dusk:

    Crafted once per account after completing the Twilight III: Dusk collection.

    tyvm, I probably glanced off it without noticing the one thing I actually wanted answered. xd

  • @Meow Ren.5382 said:
    Gen 1 precursors (like Dusk) can only be crafted once because that crafting is tied to an Achievement that can't be repeated. Some of the crafting components of the Achievements can be re-crafted but you won't be able to craft a second Dusk. In that, your guildies are correct. However, Gen 1 precursors also drop randomly from foes and from throwing rares or exotics into the Mystic Forge. There are other sources which is also why other players talk about selling them on the TP. Unless you want to try your luck at flushing rares /exotics down the Toilet, your best bet if you've already crafted Dusk once is to save gold and buy it off the TP. After you have the precursor, the rest of the steps to make Twilight are the same as always.

    TLDR: you can only CRAFT a Gen 1 Precursor once, but can buy it off the TP as well. You can make as many Twilights as you want as long as you have a Precursor for each and the materials.

    Happy new year and thank you for your reply. Thanks to you and some others, my query has been resolved.

  • @Danikat.8537 said:

    @Cuks.8241 said:
    Just having the skin and not having the account bound sword on you might be proof enough. I guess you can't get the skin before the sword is bound.

    That's a good point, you can't get the skin without having the sword. It's not even included in things like the Wardrobe Unlock. (And if it wasn't bound before it was deleted then deleting it would unlock the skin.)

    I have the skin, I was using it on my warrior. Happy new year. I'm already going for Exordo-something instead. At any rate, my query has been resolved.

  • @Veprovina.4876 said:
    Yup. Support might give it back. I mean, no one deletes a legendary on purpose, so if you explain what happened, they might help you.

    Happy new year and thank you for your reply. As I have posted in my initial post, the first time around, I reached out to support and they can't recover it for me. I've already begun the process of crafting a different legendary. If there's a moderator reading these, you can archive my post. At any rate, my query has been resolved.

  • @Veprovina.4876 said:
    Yup. Support might give it back. I mean, no one deletes a legendary on purpose, so if you explain what happened, they might help you.

    Happy new year,hope you're safe in these weird times and thank you for your reply. As I have posted in my initial post, the first time around, I reached out to support and they can't recover it for me. I've already begun the process of crafting a different legendary. If there's a moderator reading these, you can archive my post. At any rate, my query has been resolved.

  • @Linken.6345 said:
    Put in a support ticket if you know the day it was deleted you should be able to get it back from support.
    I hope you have changed passwords and dont make it auto login so it can happen anymore tho.

    I put a new authenticator in place of the old one. Happy new year btw. As I have posted in my initial post, the first time around, I reached out to support and they can't recover it for me. I've already accepted that I lost the actual item and begun the process of crafting a different legendary. If there's a moderator reading these, you can archive my post. At any rate, my query has been resolved.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2021

    @Elithur.2671 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:
    Put in a support ticket if you know the day it was deleted you should be able to get it back from support.
    I hope you have changed passwords and dont make it auto login so it can happen anymore tho.

    I put a new authenticator in place of the old one. Happy new year btw. As I have posted in my initial post, the first time around, I reached out to support and they can't recover it for me. I've already accepted that I lost the actual item and begun the process of crafting a different legendary. If there's a moderator reading these, you can archive my post. At any rate, my query has been resolved.

    You dident say that you reached out to support at all in your inital post, anyway thanks for update and happy new year/gaming.
    About the archiveing they dont need to do anything edit your post and put [ solved ] in title is all you need to do, even if you dont do that when people stop responding to this thread it will fade into the back pages.

  • @Linken.6345 said:

    @Elithur.2671 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:
    Put in a support ticket if you know the day it was deleted you should be able to get it back from support.
    I hope you have changed passwords and dont make it auto login so it can happen anymore tho.

    I put a new authenticator in place of the old one. Happy new year btw. As I have posted in my initial post, the first time around, I reached out to support and they can't recover it for me. I've already accepted that I lost the actual item and begun the process of crafting a different legendary. If there's a moderator reading these, you can archive my post. At any rate, my query has been resolved.

    You dident say that you reached out to support at all in your inital post, anyway thanks for update and happy new year/gaming.
    About the archiveing they dont need to do anything edit your post and put [ solved ] in title is all you need to do, even if you dont do that when people stop responding to this thread it will fade into the back pages.

    It's legit in my PS though. :D

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Elithur.2671 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Elithur.2671 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:
    Put in a support ticket if you know the day it was deleted you should be able to get it back from support.
    I hope you have changed passwords and dont make it auto login so it can happen anymore tho.

    I put a new authenticator in place of the old one. Happy new year btw. As I have posted in my initial post, the first time around, I reached out to support and they can't recover it for me. I've already accepted that I lost the actual item and begun the process of crafting a different legendary. If there's a moderator reading these, you can archive my post. At any rate, my query has been resolved.

    You dident say that you reached out to support at all in your inital post, anyway thanks for update and happy new year/gaming.
    About the archiveing they dont need to do anything edit your post and put [ solved ] in title is all you need to do, even if you dont do that when people stop responding to this thread it will fade into the back pages.

    It's legit in my PS though. :D

    Thats after you edited right?