Skyscale Rider: Tarnished Coast STILL broken

I've been stuck at 11/12 rifts for Tarnished Coast for nearly a year. I have reported this bug in-game multiple times, but ArenaNet remains indifferent. I've seen it reported multiple times on these very forums and beyond, and the supposed patch for this achievement last February doesn't appear to have actually done anything.

Before everyone floods in here with the usual attempts to get around this bug:

• "Make sure you're trying to close the right one using your API on the wiki!"
  • "Try different map IPs!"
  • "Just do all of them over and over again until the achievement works!"
  • "Make sure you're waiting at the front of the rift to make sure the counter comes up!"
  • "Try your other characters!"

Yes, I know, I have been doing all of these things for some time now, and none of them work.

• "There's a rift out in Caledon that counts twice!"

No, it does not, at least not any more, because I've tried both of them multiple times and the achievement doesn't budge.An actual fix, or some new insight/supposed tricks that aren't listed here, would be appreciated.

• 2 years later...

Hi, Anet! It's been several years now, and this content is STILL broken.

I've tried searching the forums for a solution, I've tried bug reports, but nothing seems to actually get through.

I can only assume that the problem's been completely given up on at this point. And it's really frustrating.

Edited by Ozimul.9185
  • Sad 2