Option: change character names to profession names — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Option: change character names to profession names

Filip.7463Filip.7463 Member ✭✭
edited January 5, 2021 in PVP

As the title says...

Can we get an option in settings to change all teammate/oppo character names to their elite specialisation?
Example: chrono named Pink Bear -> Chronomancer

Its more visible which class is your opponent when going into 1v1 fights.

Now we can use an option to change all characters to human with vendor armor.

Comments

  • Ovark.2514Ovark.2514 Member ✭✭✭

    I would be in favor of this except that I imagine toxicity will increase the more we dehumanize players. Also, what if there are multiple players using the same elite spec and you have standard character models on (which most if not all long-term pvpers do)? You'd have to have a number after their spec name or change it's color or something. . .

  • Filip.7463Filip.7463 Member ✭✭

    @Ovark.2514 said:
    I would be in favor of this except that I imagine toxicity will increase the more we dehumanize players. Also, what if there are multiple players using the same elite spec and you have standard character models on (which most if not all long-term pvpers do)? You'd have to have a number after their spec name or change it's color or something. . .

    Maybe changing character colour depending on their class would be also a good idea.
    If there are 2 chronos in oppo team, i think it doesnt matter which chrono is which.

  • Aktium.9506Aktium.9506 Member ✭✭✭

    I'd like this tbh

    I already play with chat turned off completely when I pop into PvP.

    I wouldn't mind seeing something like the VGS system from Tribes/Paladins/SMITE or the chat wheel from Dota in GW2

  • Stand The Wall.6987Stand The Wall.6987 Member ✭✭✭✭

    yeah it would be a cool option, even more useful in wvw.

    te lazla otstara.
    fingers crossed meta ~

  • Shao.7236Shao.7236 Member ✭✭✭✭

    People would be good about making players anonymous, problem is you can easily find out about someone's identity by blocking.

    Willing to help with anything Revenant related.

  • Khalisto.5780Khalisto.5780 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Or make elite map icons instead of just core class icons

  • Alright boys, we've got two tempests on the other team. One is a tanky support, the other is FA. Make sure you focus down the FA first so you don't get one shot.

    Now if only we knew which is which... HMMMM

    I mean as far as ideas go; this isn't really a bad one, just kind of pointless.
    Would rather see that dev time go into fixing actual problems

    Ranked DuoQ 😡👉🚪
    Patch-culture is awful
    Nerfs should be reserved for extreme cases and only done in creative ways that make the game more interesting to play and watch.

  • Filip.7463Filip.7463 Member ✭✭

    @Multicolorhipster.9751 said:
    Alright boys, we've got two tempests on the other team. One is a tanky support, the other is FA. Make sure you focus down the FA first so you don't get one shot.

    Now if only we knew which is which... HMMMM

    I mean as far as ideas go; this isn't really a bad one, just kind of pointless.
    Would rather see that dev time go into fixing actual problems

    You dont have to use that option. Still you can look at armor or actuall damage doing and target him.

  • Dantheman.3589Dantheman.3589 Member ✭✭✭✭

    What I think we actually need is icons that show specializations on the mini map so I can differentiate between their ‘class’ and ‘inter-class’

  • anjo.6143anjo.6143 Member ✭✭✭

    @Filip.7463 said:
    As the title says...

    Can we get an option in settings to change all teammate/oppo character names to their elite specialisation?
    Example: chrono named Pink Bear -> Chronomancer

    Its more visible which class is your opponent when going into 1v1 fights.

    Now we can use an option to change all characters to human with vendor armor.

    You wont need that in a few months of playing focusing pvp.

  • Bazsi.2734Bazsi.2734 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Filip.7463 said:
    As the title says...

    Can we get an option in settings to change all teammate/oppo character names to their elite specialisation?
    Example: chrono named Pink Bear -> Chronomancer

    Its more visible which class is your opponent when going into 1v1 fights.

    Now we can use an option to change all characters to human with vendor armor.

    Why would you ever need this? Denying yourself the knowledge who you're fighting is not an advantage. If the enemy has a godlike and an average X, how do you tell which one is charging at you? How do you know what to expect? All that info is in their name. Which you turned off... why would anyone ever want this handicap?