Symbolic Juggernaut - surviving the transition from core to expansions in open-world

Bladezephyr.5714

Over the years, I've often heard players asking about guardian survivability. Often this comes in the form of, "I'm returning to the game and just starting [one of the expansions]... But I just keep dying. How do I make my guardian more survivable?" I'm sure some will say it's purely a LTP issue, but I think there definitely are things that a struggling player can do to improve their survivability while they adapt. So I set out to find a guardian build that would work well for such players. This is what I came up with:

Some assumptions are that the player is just staring expansion content, so will not have access to any expansion builds: no elite specs, no expansion stats (like marauder's), no ascended gear. For survivability, the video recommends using soldier's gear, but players should transition to DPS gear as soon as they feel comfortable to. I won't pretend to think this build is perfect, or that good players can't get better performance from other builds... but those players aren't the ones asking this question. ;-) I think this build will work better for a lot of people. I will say that I've been playing a bunch of different FB builds, and for me personally, none of them beat this build given the same set of (power) gear. If you're a guardian player struggling to live through fights in open world in the expansions, I hope you find this useful.