So Bounding Dodger was fixed, Hammer Rev fix when?

Shao.7236

Hammer skill 2 is;

• Inconsistent, doesn't register hits more often with targets right in the middle of it.
  • Hitbox was displaced to the point where it's impossible to hit anything point blank.
  • Targeting fails to properly inform the player of possible uses no matter the angle.
  • Has no sound.

It has been broken for a whopping full year now with a really poor quality of life.

@UNOwen.7132 said:

@Leonidrex.5649 said:mesmer gs2 no longer has proj finisher since feb patch PepeHands

Wait, was it meant to have one? I dont recall it ever saying that it was one in the description.

they removed it from description and the skill in feb patch, without a mention in the patch notesso the GS has 0 combo field and the only finisher is on bugged gs4

• 3 weeks later...

@Kuma.1503 said:Thief skill breaks

Anet: Dw fam I gotchu

Kalla Elite doesn't have fire field for months

Anet: I'm just gonna ignore that.

There are a lot of thief skills that are not working, some since launch. Don't worry, thieves are in same boat and often die due to those bugs (actually have to build and play around those bugs since they affect most builds). The reason why bound was fixed is most likely due to pve (raids say hello). Also, hammer is inconsistent while bounding dodger effect was simply removed - the last is probably easier to fix than wonky mechanics.

@Cynz.9437 said:

There are a lot of thief skills that are not working, some since launch. Don't worry, thieves are in same boat and often die due to those bugs (actually have to build and play around those bugs since they affect most builds). The reason why bound was fixed is most likely due to pve (raids say hello). Also, hammer is inconsistent while bounding dodger effect was simply removed - the last is probably easier to fix than wonky mechanics.

They broke the skill consistency since the added uniformity in the damage and it's only gotten worst with the targeting added with the dislocated hitbox in front of the player, so really It's not hard to fix, they're just not doing it. Shouldn't have had to fix what wasn't broke, or broke what was working fine beforehand.

The skill is really popular in WvW too so there's no reason to neglect it so badly.

@"Shao.7236" said:Hammer skill 2 is;

• Inconsistent, doesn't register hits more often with targets right in the middle of it.
  • Hitbox was displaced to the point where it's impossible to hit anything point blank.
  • Targeting fails to properly inform the player of possible uses no matter the angle.
  • Has no sound.

It has been broken for a whopping full year now with a really poor quality of life.

I estimate it'll happen two minutes after midnight. On this clock.

@Shao.7236 said:

They broke the skill consistency since the added uniformity in the damage and it's only gotten worst with the targeting added with the dislocated hitbox in front of the player, so really It's not hard to fix, they're just not doing it. Shouldn't have had to fix what wasn't broke, or broke what was working fine beforehand.

The skill is really popular in WvW too so there's no reason to neglect it so badly.

Did you really just assume that they care about class balance in wvw lol?

@Cynz.9437 said:

Well, that is quite literally the only reason it was ever changed. Hammer is used absolutely nowhere but WvW as ranged burst damage. The damage nerfs, damage equalizing, and the CD nerfs were all 100% done in attempt to balance around WvW. So...yes, they do. Certainly not often, but it's the case here.

@CutesySylveon.8290 said:

Well, that is quite literally the only reason it was ever changed. Hammer is used absolutely nowhere but WvW as ranged burst damage. The damage nerfs, damage equalizing, and the CD nerfs were all 100% done in attempt to balance around WvW. So...yes, they do. Certainly not often, but it's the case here.

Absolutely true. The only reason the damage got normalized is because people were upset (apparently) at getting nuked in wvw by backline hammer revs.The response was to make the skill objectively worse, and useless if you attempt to hit anything directly in front of you or on a modest incline.

Before this at least it had meme potential in Spvp. Now it just doesn't function acceptably as a weapon.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Absolutely true. The only reason the damage got normalized is because people were upset (apparently) at getting nuked in wvw by backline hammer revs.The response was to make the skill objectively worse, and useless if you attempt to hit anything directly in front of you or on a modest incline.

Before this at least it had meme potential in Spvp. Now it just doesn't function acceptably as a weapon.

Hammer was my favorite Rev weapon before the October 2019 changes that murdered it and riddled it with bugs. Now my Sharur sits untouched with a thick layer of dust for 1.25 years