Snowball Mayhem was a reminder that GW2 sPvP hotjoin was fun. — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Snowball Mayhem was a reminder that GW2 sPvP hotjoin was fun.

Please bring back 8v8 hot join as the standard and fully rewarding game mode. No spectating, no team switching, no queue.

I had so much fun with Snowball Mayhem, I realized how much I miss that casual 8v8 PvP experience. I used to play it every day.

Unfortunately, a number of factors culminated the end of the "Play Now" hot join scene, starting with The Esports Push of Olde:

• The addition of spectating made it too easy to force an auto-balance in order to stack teams.
  • The clutter of custom arenas reduced the focus of interest in the official 8v8 servers.
  • Rewards were catered to those participating in queued, ranked, locked matches.

(Un)ranked is a terrifying experience. It locks you into a room of scrutiny and pressure with no way out. The intense environment harbors and promotes pain and misery which gets projected onto others (a phenomenon referred to as "toxicity").

I miss Snowball Mayhem. But I miss hotjoin even more.

Comments

• Tycura.1982Tycura.1982 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 6, 2021

(Un)ranked is a terrifying experience. It locks you into a room of scrutiny and pressure with no way out. The intense environment harbors and promotes pain and misery which gets projected onto others (a phenomenon referred to as "toxicity").

U wot m8? It's just a game. If other people scare you that bad make a custom chat box for only combat logs.