Bots in PvP, how to avoid them or any updates? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home PVP

Bots in PvP, how to avoid them or any updates?

So as you can tell by the title, the question is: Is there a way of avoiding bots in PvP or is Anet putting the work in to remove them sometime soon?

Comments

• McPero.3287McPero.3287 Member ✭✭✭

I just add them to friend list name them bot or wintrader and I see when they are in PvP map and Q ranked. Then you can't get them in your game. Might be hard once your list has like 50 people I mean bots.

• Albert.3574Albert.3574 Member ✭✭
    edited January 9, 2021

like this bot ... second.2619 anet? gw002.jpg

• Filip.7463Filip.7463 Member ✭✭

Get to higher rating and you wont meet them

edited January 9, 2021

@Filip.7463 said:

Nah plat2 tier still will fight this ...maybe only na still alive but sea eu ocx dead u will farm bot all day lol the good bot will stuck 1350+ bad bot stuck 1100 always

• Filip.7463Filip.7463 Member ✭✭
    edited January 9, 2021

@Albert.3574 said:

@Filip.7463 said:

Nah plat2 tier still will fight this ...maybe only na still alive but sea eu ocx dead u will farm bot all day lol the good bot will stuck 1350+ bad bot stuck 1100 always

Have you ever been in p2? Bots problem end in g2-3

If bot is in 1350 (they arent, im just making an example), p2 player would never meet him.

edited January 9, 2021

@Filip.7463 said:

@Albert.3574 said:

@Filip.7463 said:

Have you ever been in p2? Bots problem end in g2-3

If bot is in 1350 (they arent, im just making an example), p2 player would never meet him.

System problem....already longtime when u q already over 7min...will....anet give u trash match in sea time but i never match like "this" in na time but in sea ocx eu so sad even i can easy win . but mean some ppl will easy lose ... and more problem in less ppl time like cheat + wintrade make 5v4 or 3 make more fake god.... i hope rank can remove reward :> bot will leave . because 1 season bot can make 4000g gold just cap + feed

• Norbe.7630Norbe.7630 Member ✭✭✭

@Albert.3574 said:

sometimes, "eigth" and "thrid" appears on each teams as opponents

Why So Serious?

• Norbe.7630Norbe.7630 Member ✭✭✭

its the same program that the engi in this thread i showed the video
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/1333196#Comment_1333196
    but people got no clue what they are about to see

Why So Serious?

• Fueki.4753Fueki.4753 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Albert.3574 said:

Be careful about name-shaming on the forums.
    Even if they might happen to be bots, it's still an offense against the ToS.

• I just want to see a system where, if someone gets reported for botting mid-game, the bot has to pass a Captcha challenge or face removal of all the legendary rewards they've been "working" towards. Also, a limit the repeatable ranked chests to some reasonable level might help.

I'm just so tired of potentially good matches (ie a few cooperative players who don't mind working together) being wrecked by bots.

• @Albert.3574 said:

Allegedly it's against Terms of Service to screencap or video bots and name them in the forums here, even if there's overwhelming proof: you might want to edit this before one of the forum moderators censors you themselves, as happened to me a month or two ago. ):