Future Story Idea

TeeracK.3601

This is just something I've hoped/thought about for a while now. Feel free to hate it :p

As a future plot down the line. We learn that its not good for Aurene to just have to many magical domains, so they try to split things up using some machine Taimi made to transfer the magic essence of Mordramorth into the Pale Tree to boost her up to be the a new nature elder dragon and so sylvari can start to be born again(since they never really got into if new ones were blooming and stuff it be a good excuse for them to transfer the magic in order to save the sylvari race from going extinct.)

It works, BUT because its a big amount of magic something goes wrong and POOF God King Joko pops out and has all of the death magic power of Zhaitan and god magic power of Balthazar that was in Aurene. Then he is the new big bad for a whole expansion. They could even use this plot line to restore the six from now being the five as well if they used the Sword of Balthazar(which they kept around very deliberately in season 4) and some device to suck out the god magic inside of Joko to weaken him, and then elevate someone else into a god like Zafirah.

I would assume in this storyline as well this could take us back to Orr cause its super undead and its still got a lot of room for maps, so maybe the end could be us killing Joko and replacing him with Trahearne, and yes I know he is dead, but I think that is why he'd work so well as a replacement for the elder dragon of undeath. Trahearne tells us right before we kill him at the end of HoT that we need to kill him with Caladbolg because it is connected to him, that he's bonded to it, and only it has the power to free him.

Now if you think back to the personal story at the very end when we pushed into Orr, Trahearne stabs Caladbolg into the heart of Orr to help purify the land infusing it with its essence, so in theory this could mean a chunk of Trahearne's soul could be infused into the heart of Orr. This would also allow him to finally fulfill his wild hunt, since it wasn't to kill Zhaitan it was to cleanse Orr. If he became the new Death Elder Dragon then he would finally be able to do that by taking control of the Risen.

Anyway that's just my idea for a cool story in gw2 o-o

I really feel Joko should've been the focus of S4 entirely to let his power level and the threat he posed to the world really build to a satisfactory level. Honestly they could've made a whole expansion with Joko as the central antagonist. Elona and Joko as a character are rich enough sources of lore for that. I would not be one to advocate for rolling the story back though. The reasoning and writing for Joko to come back would have to be extremely well done, and I don't have that level of faith in the narrative team unfortunately. Joko is gone and should stay that way.

I do think it would be cool to return to the unchained Risen and Orr though, and even take another look at what the Mordrem are doing with Mordy gone (and to wrap up the Sylvari storylines more satisfactorily to boot). I think that could be done in a living world season following EoDs at some point. S7 most likely if S6 expands Cantha much like S4 expanded Elona following PoF. If all the elder dragons are gone, replaced, or have allied with us, I would personally enjoy exploring in depth what happens to their surviving minions and territories now that they're gone.

As far future expansions go, I would love to see (in no particular order):

1. Tyrian depths, heavily expanded Asuran and Dwarven lore.
  2. Faaaaaaaar shiverpeaks, focusing on Norn and the Spirits of the Wild - perhaps returning to their ancestral homelands.
  3. Charr focused expansion examining the cultural fallout of the civil war and societal changes accompanied by it, getting to see Blood and Ash citadels.
  4. Aquatic expansion heavily focusing on Largos society (and krait, quaggans, and other ocean dwelling species returning to their homelands following the DSD's potential demise)
  5. God-centric expansion that resolves the threads left by The Six, explores the mists and brings Xotecha lore to canon. Prime opportunity to get people to shut up about Lyssa and also reveal Balthazar's successor, and resolve the stories of Menzies and possibly Desmina (her sinister smile at the end of HoCs seemed like foreshadowing to me). Would also love to learn more about the origins of humanity and the gods that existed before the current pantheon (like Arachnia, though they're not technically canon yet).
  6. Exploring new lands/continents - the world map we see in game is a fraction of the planet the game takes place on. There are far away kingdoms and continents we know nothing about. I would love to explore any of those, especially the Sunrise Crest or Oylmpia (I'm a sucker for ancient Greece).

I would also like to see more Sylvari trees, however unlikely they exist, but I don't know if that would require a whole expansion. At least resolve Malyck's story, please.

• Like 1

@Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

@"Svennis.3852" said:
  1. Faaaaaaaar shiverpeaks, focusing on Norn and the Spirits of the Wild - perhaps returning to their ancestral homelands.We did that with Bjora Marches, and Drizzlewood. the northern edge of Bjora is just south of the furthest known northward Norn settlement from GW1.

It's what they tried to do, but two maps is hardly on the same level as what a fully developed expansion could provide.

@TeeracK.3601 said:i was expecting the spirits of the wild to get powered up after we killed jormag and them having been so diminished before hand explaining why norn dont transform as much in gw2.

Yeah, it's a shame the game couldn't implement that properly. I forget norn are shapeshifters because it almost never comes up, and there's very little reason to shapeshift for gameplay reasons. It would be neat if the norn could just do it aesthetically whenever. Maybe a norn focused expansion could find a new way to adapt the shapeshifting to be more visible. The norn as they are just seem like a human sub-race.

@"Svennis.3852" said:

@TeeracK.3601 said:i was expecting the spirits of the wild to get powered up after we killed jormag and them having been so diminished before hand explaining why norn dont transform as much in gw2.

Yeah, it's a shame the game couldn't implement that properly. I forget norn are shapeshifters because it almost never comes up, and there's very little reason to shapeshift for gameplay reasons. It would be neat if the norn could just do it aesthetically whenever. Maybe a norn focused expansion could find a new way to adapt the shapeshifting to be more visible. The norn as they are just seem like a human sub-race.

It's not just the Shapeshifting that has been lost.The Norn ruins in Season 5 seem to actually be of Dwarven architecture.The Norn get the short end in many ways.

• 1 year later...

Had a cool but possibly redundant idea for a future map/lore: the dragon cycle is over but the effects of the dragon's remain, it's been over 10 years since the defeat of Zhaitan and there are no more dragon or rogue God threats so Queen Jennah has pushed a campaign to take back the human homeland of Orr. The map itself could be like Drizzlewood in that you have to subdue sections of the map by driving off the risen in order to win. 

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 9:52 PM, Hanakira.4069 said:

Had a cool but possibly redundant idea for a future map/lore: the dragon cycle is over but the effects of the dragon's remain, it's been over 10 years since the defeat of Zhaitan and there are no more dragon or rogue God threats so Queen Jennah has pushed a campaign to take back the human homeland of Orr. The map itself could be like Drizzlewood in that you have to subdue sections of the map by driving off the risen in order to win. 

I like this! Especially I want more maps like drizzle wood. I really enjoy that one for exactly what it is - however I’d love a few more than are mostly just like how the first half of the map plays 

• Like 2